Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL - Challenge III - Cat C] We are all gone

Somewhere in the jungle, April 620, El Oleonda

The Carnites didn't tell them all the truth, that was clear. Probably the archaeologists were actually studying the ancient ruins, but this was only a part of the story: their report on the Lotii expedition was surely too detailed for someone who considered the treasure a little more than a legend, and they said too many times that it was impossible to find.

However, those idiots had neglected the most obvious thing to do: ask the ones who could know something... but the people of Carno were new to the New World, and considering the savages as something more than a part of the local fauna hadn't probably even come to their minds!

IMG_3660 edited

Finding a Tyree'De on such a large island wasn't so easy but, once again, the remains of the ancient civilization helped Tristan and his men: if the ancient inhabitants of El Oleonda had built their cities in the best locations, probably the Tyree'De had chosen the same places for their villages… and the Oleander expedition had literally a comfortable road to reach them! After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, therefore, they found what they were looking for: a place where the inhabitants weren't only snakes and scorpions.

IMG_3663 edited

What Tristan and his men found surprised everyone: probably the Carnites wouldn't have even noticed that, but the "natives" themselves were a clear answer to the mystery of the lost expedition. Most of the Tyree'De had the same somatic tracts of the indigenous people of archipelago, this was true, but others were clearly born in a different part of the World; moreover, their straw hats and the peculiar rice fields, similar to the ones seen in Mooreton Bay, were definitely something unusual among the native tribes.

Tristan asked to meet the leader of the little community. Fortunately, the Tyree'De language was quite similar to the one of Astrapi natives, so communicating with them wasn't too difficult.
He was brought into a ruined stone building, another trace of the ancient inhabitants; inside, the Tyree'De had built a little wooden hut.

The old man waiting for them, despite all the amulets and the paintings on his body, was clearly a Lotii. 

IMG_3667 edited

All the pieces of the puzzle were now in the right position: the mysterious motherland of the Tyree'De, located "southwards"; their interest for tools and weapons, the things that they couldn't repair or replace without a smith and a real forge; their riches, probably a part of the fabled Lotii treasure.
Against all the odds, some of the Lotii sailors had survived: the old man, once the helmsman of the junk Nan Feng, confirmed Tristan's reconstruction.

When it became clear that no help would have come from the motherland, the survivors realized that remaining in the camp meant certain death: the supplies were running low, and so many people couldn't survive by hunting in a little area. Therefore, they formed small groups, split the treasure, and went in different directions.

IMG_3666 edited

Some of these small bands were unlucky, and all the men were killed by hunger, diseases, or in fights for the scarce food remaining. Others built rafts or small junks, and were never seen again. Most of the surviving Lotii, however, peacefully lived their lives with the natives, becoming the Tyree'De ("new tribe", in the language of the natives). The newcomers repaired some of the ancient canals and taught the natives the art of rice farming… hard work, but also a source of food by far more abundant and reliable than hunting and gathering.

IMG_3661 edited

Many married local women and had children with them: most of the living Tyree'De knew the Kingdom of the Lotus only from the tales of their fathers, and some of them already considered it a sort of myth.

IMG_3665 edited

When El Oleonda was "discovered" by Lotii and Carnites, the survivors of the old expedition had already lived there for almost thirty years… they had settled on the smaller islands of the New Haven Sea, grown their crops, and formed their families. In the motherland there was nothing left for them: everyone considered them dead, and they had been forgotten.

So, the old Lotii decided to remain forever the Tyree'De, the mysterious tribe from the South. They visited the Halosian settlements and bought agricultural tools with gold and silver, shiny souvenirs of their past.

IMG_3658 edited

Tristan asked the old man if he knew something about the nautical maps but, unfortunately, the answer was negative: the chest with the maps was lost decades ago, disappeared in the jungle with large treasures and with the lives of several men.

"I've been completely sincere with you, Rimbaud San." a word that Tristan didn't know, but that sounded very respectful - "Here we have found a new home, here we have found peace.  Now I want a promise from you. If somebody asks you about our unfortunate expedition if they ask you about us… tell them that we are all gone!"

----------------------------------------------------------

An overall view

IMG_3657 edited

Edited by Keymonus

Wow, I was building almost the exact same thing :grin:. Not in terms of the actual build, but in terms of people and back story. I was even working on a rice paddy. What are the odds? Crazy, right! I'm genuinely shook :tongue:.

The MOC itself is nice. I like how you continued the architectural style of your previous build and the rice terrace does the job. The figures are also neat, with a nice mix between "native" elements and Lotti influences.

It's nice to read the background, I always like stuff like that. Great job!

I like the build and how it incorporates the ruins into a livable area with the rice patty area. I like the story and the idea that the Tyree’De are a mixture of native and Lotii shipwreck survivors. Well done presentation. :thumbup:

The build is excellent, providing a fitting sequel to your earlier model. A satisfying story about the Tyree' Dee is what we needed, and you have given us that. Kudos!:pir-laugh:

23 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Should we consider this as a Cat C. Challenge entry ?

Oooops, I accidentally deleted the [Ol- Cat c] part! Tomorrow I’ll rewrite that and check for typos!

3 hours ago, Khorne said:

Wow, I was building almost the exact same thing :grin:. Not in terms of the actual build, but in terms of people and back story. I was even working on a rice paddy. What are the odds? Crazy, right! I'm genuinely shook :tongue:.

The MOC itself is nice. I like how you continued the architectural style of your previous build and the rice terrace does the job. The figures are also neat, with a nice mix between "native" elements and Lotti influences.

It's nice to read the background, I always like stuff like that. Great job!

Thank you! Actually it is the second time this week, I think that if it happens again there is something strange!

The only problem using this color is that there are very few different pieces (for example, no classic slopes and very few types of arch), so the effect is nice but the builds remain quite simple!

1 hour ago, merc said:

I like the build and how it incorporates the ruins into a livable area with the rice patty area. I like the story and the idea that the Tyree’De are a mixture of native and Lotii shipwreck survivors. Well done presentation. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

The build is excellent, providing a fitting sequel to your earlier model. A satisfying story about the Tyree' Dee is what we needed, and you have given us that. Kudos!:pir-laugh:

Thank you guys! I’m particularly fond of my Asian/Caribbean minifigs

I like the story very much, as there are hypotheses that some of the Amerindian tribes/kingdoms may be founded by settlers of Asian origin. The build looks good too.

Nice to se another explanation for the origin of the people of the New Haven Sea area !

Cool plantation and good job on the ruins !

Great job !