MaximB

[MOC] Barbershop

Nice design! Clean with enough inspiring and novel details. Thanks for sharing the technique behind it.

Unfortunately the design behind the roof is missing, it seems some of it is held together by a digital force? Especially the tiles on the edge.

Edited by Berthil

4 hours ago, Lord Brickington said:

Awesome build, I like it! 

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, Berthil said:

Nice design! Clean with enough inspiring and novel details. Thanks for sharing the technique behind it.

Unfortunately the design behind the roof is missing, it seems some of it is held together by a digital force? Especially the tiles on the edge.

Thank you!
In the upper left corner of the image with the technique shows how the roof is arranged. There, all parts are connected. What exactly confuses you?

I was confused by the edge as well since there doesn't appear to be space underneath the tiles to attach them to the ones next to them.

41 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

I was confused by the edge as well since there doesn't appear to be space underneath the tiles to attach them to the ones next to them.

2 hours ago, Berthil said:

Sorry for the quality of the photo. Unfortunately, my English is not enough to understand what you mean ((
1ae16b6ba0dab47bd3b562765b2640a5.png

7 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

I see now, they initially looked like 1x2s; I didn't recognize the dark orange being 3 studs long.

Yes, along the edges of the roof, tiles are held on 1x2 plates, and in the middle 1x12.

Fantastic creation you've got there. So since none of us can go to a real one for the time being, can I drive you some traffic and propose we all line up to make use of this here barbershop?

Edited by General Magma

That tan window panel + frame and SNOT tiles under the ground floor windows are an excellent combination. Great use of flex tube to emphasize the bay window too. Very nice, very clean build. Excellent textures all round.

Beautiful building with very nice details!!! :thumbup:

That balcony has a very rounded shape that you depicted in a fantastic way. The roof is great...it gives the right idea of something being subject to natural elements.  :wub:

13 hours ago, MaximB said:

Sorry for the quality of the photo. Unfortunately, my English is not enough to understand what you mean ((

Thanks for the picture, all clear now. On the earlier photos it seemed as if it were just 1x2 tiles but now it i s visible there is a plate behind it, very nice gapless solution!
Now please publish (free) instructions of you creations like I do :)

On 4/22/2020 at 1:46 AM, General Magma said:

Fantastic creation you've got there. So since none of us can go to a real one for the time being, can I drive you some traffic and propose we all line up to make use of this here barbershop?

Thank you! Sure! ))))))

22 hours ago, jimmynick said:

That tan window panel + frame and SNOT tiles under the ground floor windows are an excellent combination. Great use of flex tube to emphasize the bay window too. Very nice, very clean build. Excellent textures all round.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Beautiful building with very nice details!!! :thumbup:

That balcony has a very rounded shape that you depicted in a fantastic way. The roof is great...it gives the right idea of something being subject to natural elements.  :wub:

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Berthil said:

Thanks for the picture, all clear now. On the earlier photos it seemed as if it were just 1x2 tiles but now it i s visible there is a plate behind it, very nice gapless solution!
Now please publish (free) instructions of you creations like I do :)

I am glad that everything is clear now.

Great work on the bay window!
Thanks for posting the explanation how you built that - I was wondering how exactly the tiles were attached - suspected the basic technique, but was baffled by what parts might achieve it :laugh:

On 5/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, STHLM said:

Top notch!

Thanks!

On 5/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, jalemac34 said:

Excellent!!! Superb job....

Thanks!

On 5/15/2020 at 12:26 AM, Brandon Pea said:

I have actually made plans to build a barber for my town. 

Excellent! More is better than less;)

4 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Great work on the bay window!
Thanks for posting the explanation how you built that - I was wondering how exactly the tiles were attached - suspected the basic technique, but was baffled by what parts might achieve it :laugh:

Thank you! Glad you liked it!

On 4/21/2020 at 5:59 PM, MaximB said:

1ae16b6ba0dab47bd3b562765b2640a5.png

The link leads to a 404 page instead of an image.

Also, why don't you post this as a MOC on Rebrickable? If you want you can make instructions free or you can make them cost money.