Hi to everybody, this is my new Moc, I started building this US Truck about 6 months ago and it was finished to be shown to the MEI 2020, unfortunately, for reasons of force majeure, the MEI is posponed so here we are.

It's not based on a specific model, surely Mack from Cars inspired me a lot, and I took some inspirations by pics on the web.
I chose to build less sophisticated suspensions, pendular on all axles, to allow a more robust frame (due to a very long wheelbase) and a more robust drivline, it doesn't have U-Joints (still some parts could be damnaged).
As almost all my others Moc it's driven by 4 XL PF Motors and steered by a L PF Motors, more precise at low speed.
It has 2 M PF Motors to operate the two speed gearbox and the fifth wheel.
It has openable hood, behind which there is a detailed Inline-six engine with belt driven alternator and clima compressor.
It has openable doors with detailed interiors such amortized seats, bed and various storage compartments.

The truck is powered by 2 Buwizz but it's possible to use 2 Li-Po Battery and 2 SBrick.

The trailer is designed to fit a Porsche 911RSR, original set N° 49096.
It has working legs and rear access ramp powered by a Control+ Hub and 2 XL C+ Motors.
I chose to use it because I have one on the shelf and because it's compatible with the BuWizz app, so I can control everything using only a smartphone.
The trailer has detailed interiors, the car compartments and the meeting7telemetry room.
Moreover I built a tool trolley.

Now some numbers:

Truck
Length: 79,2 cm 99studs
Width: 24,8cm 31studs
Height: 35,2cm 44studs
Weight: 6 kg

M PF motor: 2
L PF Motor: 1
XL PF Motor: 4
BuWizz: 2 (or 2 LiPo Battery and 2 SBrick)

Trailer
Length: 127,2 cm 159studs
Width: 24,8cm 31studs
Height: 38,4cm 48studs
Weight: 8.4 kg

XL C+ Motor: 
Control+ Hub: 1

Truck and Trailer with load:
Totalal lenght: 175,2cm 219studs
Total weight: 15.9 Kg

Here the flickr album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMGe99T

I hope you enjoy!

Beautiful MOC but I like more to know how it works the front axle with soo many weight, I remember years ago that Sheepo had a lot of problems with a similar size truck but with less details and weight.

Wow, this is amazing!

WhenI read it could carry a Porsche, my mind immidiately autocompleted that to 911 GT3 RS, and I thought you would have done it and built a Truck to carry 1:8 Cars. Of course it is already an amazing achievement to carry the 911 RSR, but I am still waiting for some absolute madman do drop a Truck to carry 1:8 Cars. But is that even possible? Are there wheels big enough for a truck like this? What wheels are you using here?

Anyways, great creation, thanks for sharing :wub:

"Total length: 175,2cm"  *huh* ... This is so ridiculously insane, my friend :head_back:! You need a hangar to store your models. 

What is the estimated total parts count / costs? Regarding these factors it´s very honorable you are willing to make instructions.

Thank you so much for the entertainment :thumbup:!

4 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

... drop a Truck to carry 1:8 Cars. But is that even possible?

These are obviously the biggest Lego wheels to date. If possible, no doubt Lucio would go for the bigger scale. I´d say you should add 25% to the wheels and everything else and there we go with a car transporter for the ultimate 1/8 supercar collection :cry_happy:.

Edited by brunojj1

11 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

These are obviously the biggest Lego wheels to date.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. I never really cared about Trucks. The tires used here are from the old Model Team Trucks, right? Those are even bigger than I expected. There is no way we are ever going so see even bigger ones.

Well, a 1:8 carry truck would need a 35 studs interior width to fit my RX7 :innocent:

:wacko: Wow that is crazy, looks awesome. Would love to know the panel count on it?.

Edited by technicfan

This thing is crazy and very nicely done.

Even the idea of wanting to built a truck that can carry the 42096 is crazy.

Can't wait for your next built, since you level up each time !

19 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Beautiful MOC but I like more to know how it works the front axle with soo many weight, I remember years ago that Sheepo had a lot of problems with a similar size truck but with less details and weight.

Like I wrote, I chose for a pendular axle exactly due the problem you mentioned. If I'm not wrong, Sheepo's truck has a way more complicated front axle, with pneumatic brackes and suspensions, mine is simpler

One of the first prototype had a live axle with pneumatic suspensions end one of the last, already pendular, had the caster angle, but I had to drop the ideas.

Fot the same reason I chose to not use a Servo motor.

14 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

"Total length: 175,2cm"  *huh* ... This is so ridiculously insane, my friend :head_back:! You need a hangar to store your models. 

What is the estimated total parts count / costs? Regarding these factors it´s very honorable you are willing to make instructions.

Thank you so much for the entertainment :thumbup:!

These are obviously the biggest Lego wheels to date. If possible, no doubt Lucio would go for the bigger scale. I´d say you should add 25% to the wheels and everything else and there we go with a car transporter for the ultimate 1/8 supercar collection :cry_happy:.

I have some trouble even to store it. Luckily I have a dedicated hobby room, but it lays on the floor...al least for now.

I suppose that the truck should be around 6000-8000 parts, and maybe 4000-6000 for the trailer, but I'm not sure. Sure is that there is an incredible ammount of pins

I don't know how it will cost, I spent 150€ for the trailer panels...seems that I have lots of red parts. Based on my experience, the truck will be cheeper than my previous Moc (maybe like the tractor truck), the PF parts are not so many and there aren't pneumatic parts or  high quantity of "special" parts like shock absorbers...only 6 hard for suspensions and 2 soft for the seats.

14 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. I never really cared about Trucks. The tires used here are from the old Model Team Trucks, right? Those are even bigger than I expected. There is no way we are ever going so see even bigger ones.

Well, a 1:8 carry truck would need a 35 studs interior width to fit my RX7 :innocent:

Nope, I used the "Unimog" tires.

14 hours ago, technicfan said:

:wacko: Wow that is crazy, looks awesome. Would love to know the panel count on it?.

I suppose around 350, but once I do the 3D I can give a more precise data

As I told you on YouTube, it looks great. I can imagine is not an easy model to carry. The Iveco was so heavy and I remember my shelf was close to collapse, without trailer!

Congratulations. Nice model, even when I prefer the 8x8, my favorite one. Regards from Spain

On 4/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, jorgeopesi said:

I installed 12 hard springs in such scale Lonestar. I suppose here is approx the same case.

21 hours ago, Lucio Switch said:

I suppose around 350

*oh2*

3 hours ago, Aleh said:

I installed 12 hard springs in such scale Lonestar. I suppose here is approx the same case.

*oh2*

Nope just 2!:tongue:

On 4/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, Lucio Switch said:

I suppose around 350, but once I do the 3D I can give a more precise data 

Have counted 11x5 panels.

There are 368. :)

WHITE -> 2 (truck) +163 (trailer) = 165

DBG -> 0 + 32 = 32

RED -> 25 + 29 = 54

BLACK -> 0 + 27 = 27

LBG -> 8 or 9 + 81 ~ 90

Edited by ifilin

Awesome! Just when I thought "oh this is a racing trailer, one can put a car inside" you opened the back of the trailer :)