Graupensuppe

[MOC] Separatist NR-N99 Tank Droid

The official models are both pretty small, so I decided to build one that's more massive and closer to minifigure scale...

1097 pieces

DZYq0sj.png

Py35FcV.png

jKhb4EQ.png

(The Jedi on the left is supposed to be Tsui Choi, who makes a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance on Kashyyyk.)

phoONIG.png

Xckdx6m.png

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

one question, is the jedi that guy that rides the Can-cell on kashyyyk?

Yes. Unfortunately I couldn't find a more suitable head in LDD.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Do the treads actually work or are they just aesthetic? From the pictures posted, I can't make out any technic gears or mechanisms, so I was curious as to if there were some in the "tail" of the tank. Regardless of function, you've built quite a remarkable vehicle, and I especially like the usage of the 1x1 clips on the flex tubing.

I would love to see this in real Legos! Maybe even as motorized. The scale is just correct, too, I would say. The size enables more details, but it is not too much over. I especially like the round 10x10 curved bricks (the big gray pieces from the Droid Gunship) as the main circles attached to the body. Perhaps I would have preferred the tracks to be unitary black altogether, but nevertheless, this is great.

- Samppu

If you PM me an email address I can send you the LDD file. But I usually don't intend to build my MOCs in real bricks, so I don't really optimize the inside structure or make sure it's stable and the pieces exist in these colors.

Le 25/04/2020 à 22h00, Graupensuppe a déclaré:

Si vous m'envoyez une adresse e-mail, je peux vous envoyer le fichier LDD. Mais je n'ai généralement pas l'intention de construire mes MOC dans de vraies briques, donc je n'optimise pas vraiment la structure intérieure ou ne m'assure pas qu'elle est stable et que les pièces existantes dans ces couleurs.

Bonjour pouvez vous m'envoyer le PDF s'il vous plaît?

debellevillehenry@gmail.com

PS: j'adore ce moc

Hi Graupensuppe, 

I've build nr99 set and I want to know if you agree to post my version on rebrickable. The version on the pic is not final, I've changed tread for link tread, eyes support, and other things after building the set in real life. 

Thx you in advance

FB_IMG_1640424146831.jpg

Very nice! Only two comments

1: Was going to say that I don't recall a "Droid" having a pilot - but as I did some quick research - looks like in some cases it did.

2: The eyes on the tank where Red I thought. :)

Either way - very very cool build.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, nico_schumi said:

Thx you. Need to finish the pdf instructions and receive my last Lego shop pieces... ^^

Are you still planning on posting it to rebrickable? I would love to build it.