Hello

does anyone have any advice on building a custom airport people mover system or automated Guideway Transit network using LEGO Bricks? Has anyone built successful systems of the type using custom built track?

I believe she means these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=57518#T=C

They are about 5 studs wide, nearly 2 studs long, and are usually connected together into loops and driven from the inside of the loop by gears - like tank treads.  I know they were used on the just-ended inaugural season of LegoMasters America.  The military tanks posted here recently all seem to use smaller treads, or as BrickLink calls them, links.  Hope this helps!

Yeah, I was going to suggest roller coaster tracks as well, especially since they seem to be very similar to the track system used by the RL one dr_spock posted a pic of (also didn't realize that the Friends people mover from the resort was so accurate to something that actually existed).

1 hour ago, Greenstar said:

Sadly, I don’t have the funds to get any of the roller coaster track or the other track as of now 

What about 2xN bricks? If so, check out this thread on custom monorails and be ready to blow your mind. It goes from pretty simple to amazingly complicated, so if you only plan to skim it, start at the end and work backwards.

7 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

What about 2xN bricks? If so, check out this thread on custom monorails and be ready to blow your mind. It goes from pretty simple to amazingly complicated, so if you only plan to skim it, start at the end and work backwards.

I have previously commented on that topic at one point

i do make suspended monorail systems often

2 hours ago, Greenstar said:

Sadly, I don’t have the funds to get any of the roller coaster track or the other track as of now 

What kind of spending limit do you have? Curved track is $1.50-$2 per piece on BL, full length straight is $1.50-$2.50, half length straight is $1-$1.50. This is all pricing for sellers with 20 or more in stock of each. Sounds like for $50 you can build a decent starter track.

13 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Would coaster tracks work?  I assume you mean one of these kinds of people mover or guided transit.

I'd definately use that bottom set for some pieces there. Now I don't usually buy sets for parts (preferring to buy a set to build what's on the box), but the Heartlake City Resort is an exception. 

Just now, Phil B said:

What kind of spending limit do you have? Curved track is $1.50-$2 per piece on BL, full length straight is $1.50-$2.50, half length straight is $1-$1.50. This is all pricing for sellers with 20 or more in stock of each. Sounds like for $50 you can build a decent starter track.

I’ve seen the costs on BrickLink, but as a smart student that no-one wants to hire, and no paycheck, I don’t have the available money to do so, but I am currently working to publish a couple books to make some money

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

I'd definately use that bottom set for some pieces there. Now I don't usually buy sets for parts (preferring to buy a set to build what's on the box), but the Heartlake City Resort is an exception. 

That’s a set I’ve been eyeing myself for a while now

The system I’m currently working on uses regular LEGO train track kinda like the Chicago OHare airport people mover does but I’ve added some pieces to the tracks to make the looks

This would be the San Francisco international airport people mover.  It Looks like the track would have to be entirely custom built 

2084DD76-8DD1-415A-9ED6-44943FC35C4E.png

33 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

When I first saw this I pictured a level moving sidewalk, like some US airports have. Now, I understand more what you were looking for.

Check out Jason Allemann's Roller Coaster Train:  https://jkbrickworks.com/roller-coaster-train/

https://youtu.be/ExyF1nLxKd8

I’ve been on one at Universal Studios in Florida 

they are neat little things

3 minutes ago, weeble1688 said:

I also thought you meant the moving "slide-walk" in some airports - my mistake!

Yeah, those are like a horizontal escalator