Sign in to follow this  
Coola1

[MOC] Fallen - The Abandoned Supercar

It's been a long time since I've posted, as for the last few years I've been living abroad and I left my Lego collection at home. However I've been reunited with my collection temporarily thanks to the current situation, so I can finally show you the project I was working on before I travelled.

This car was actually finished two years ago, I only made a few small aesthetic modifications these past days, but nothing significant.

img_57428.jpg

Features:

- HOG steering

- Full independent suspension

- V10 engine

- 4 speed gearbox (based on the gearbox from Lipko's Simple Supercar)

- Very basic opening doors and hood

img_574210.jpg

img_574224.jpg

img_574221.jpg

img_5742.jpg

img_57421.jpgimg_574223.jpg

I am actually very happy with this result, as I believe it is much better than anything I have previously built. I am aware that this is nowhere near perfect, the scaling is off and I'm not completely satisfied with some parts. However given that this project is sort of a remnant of the past, I'd rather begin a new project than spend more time improving this one. 

Here is a link to the Brickshelf folder with more and higher quality images: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=579707

Any comments as well as constructive criticism are welcome!

Beautiful supercar! Very interesting way to use those parts for spoiler tips, looks really good. The flexaxles bodywork is superb, something I really miss in technic nowadays as everyone is trying to use as many panels as possible, there's something so charming about being able to see all the insides, specially when it's a red+black contrast, exquisite looking imo. :pir-love: My only remark is the flat hood, maybe a 1 stud difference from tip to windshield would look better.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:51 PM, jorgeopesi said:

Looks good the only thing I do not like very much is the side pic but I like all those flex axles.

Thanks, yeah I agree that the side is a part that just feels off. The wheels just look too big I guess. Next time I'm gonna use a scaling tool to keep things to proportion.

On 4/19/2020 at 6:26 AM, syclone said:

Beautiful supercar! Very interesting way to use those parts for spoiler tips, looks really good. The flexaxles bodywork is superb, something I really miss in technic nowadays as everyone is trying to use as many panels as possible, there's something so charming about being able to see all the insides, specially when it's a red+black contrast, exquisite looking imo. :pir-love: My only remark is the flat hood, maybe a 1 stud difference from tip to windshield would look better.

Thank you! My limited amount of panels leads me to get creative with flex axles sometimes, I'm glad you like it! Definitely, I agree that being able to see some of the inside mechanisms makes a car look cooler. Your suggestion about the hood is absolutely one I'll think about, but I still have to decide if I'm gonna do some more modifications on this car or just get started already with a new one.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the parts used for the spoiler tips were not my idea, I was inspired by Crowkiller's Vampire GT that uses the same part. 

Edited by Coola1