Sign in to follow this  
Bracari

AoM: Tower Phase 1: Outpost Watchtower

Lady Eleanor has chosen a site to build a new fortified village to act as the center of her activity in Bluevale. It lies on a fairly flat island, in the North-East of the vale. The island is bordered on the south by the South Lake, on the west by the Ridge River and on the north and east by a flood channel. A small river runs through the channel which overflows extensively during the Spring thaws. A series of small Watchtowers have been build on the bluff between the flood channel and the Island to overview the approaches to the new building site.

Sir Loth Strongarm and his son Stenon the High Ranger are inspecting one of the completed towers and discussing general concerns of the Vale, the new constructions as well as possible threats to the Lady's attempt to establish her rule.

49789598103_380a9f0df4.jpg 49789598213_f53aa9acb2.jpg

49790141356_0f8d0d2996_w.jpg

Meanwhile Stenon's oldest son Robb is leading the dwarf brothers Surwid and Norwid on an expedition to an abandoned mine to assess its potential for iron extraction and creating an iron, steel and related products manufacture hub.

49790141611_669a6464ea.jpg 49790141416_684da2827d.jpg

Spoiler

Well, it's been over an year since I last posted here. I haven't stopped building just not as often or anything specifically for the Guild. This build has been sitting in my room for a couple of months as I was thinking of creating a mini-photo studio, unfortunately the plans fell through and today I decided it was better to share it even though I am not pleased with the photography and editing. Hope you like it and I promise my next build won't take as long :grin:. Opinions and criticism are as always appreciated. Also a map of Bluevale exists in my head just have to find a way to put it to paper.

Edited by Bracari

Nice tower and I like the use of the different browns for variation.  The rock work looks good and nice looking pathway.  I like the figs too.   

Welcome back!  Great to see a build for Lady Eleanor again!  Very nice watchtower!  Reminds me of one of the watchtowers from Skyrim.  Really nice use of an irregular height base.  That's not terribly easy to do, and it looks great here.  The rockwork looks good, not too uniform, and the roof looks solid.  Overall a very nice build.  For your map of Bluevale, could you do a microscale, perhaps a bit bigger than the forced perspective micro/nano scale that you did when Lady Eleanor was looking down into the valley (the Clifftop riders build you did a while back)?

Great job on the tower. But I think the main attraction is the landscaping. That just looks amazing. Great job!

Beautiful build, fellow traveler. 

I really like the cross-over beams at the base of the tower. I appreciate the pebbles on the road and the flowers give a lot of life to a seemingly lifeless road. The roof is solid, the rockwork is great, and it is thrilling to see that green and yellow banner floating against the blue sky. 

Great work! I can now see that the new trading route is well-protected. 

Cheers!

Cool wooden tower.  Roof looks like it can take a beating and the bracing around the posts is perfect.  Presenting the tower in conjunction with a highly graded landscape works very well too. :thumbup:

Thank you all for your nice comments. Now it's time to start thinking of the next build from the many ideas I still want to execute that are set in this world *huh*. Maybe we'll follow the dwarf brothers' side-quest for awhile and flesh out their backstory before moving to the main story.