pantelis

[MOC] Pirate Island of the Barracuda Bay

Hi to all folks again.After the Barracuda Bay set arives to my i enjoy every minute of the build

The set is excellent and for me like a man of 80s was so nostalgic. The true is that the ship is fantastic and a very good reason to buy this set.

So the ship for me must be build and i try to make something with the Island. So this is the Mod version of my Pirate Island

I hope to have fan with the build!!  

49786364132_aba93ccf7a_k.jpg

49786026246_ec6a708656_k.jpg

49785486508_e3fe08e029_h.jpg

49786361577_eb21cfd2a4_k.jpg

49786031881_5563886670_b.jpg

49786022976_6b69b3eb86_k.jpg

49785484068_a5db4403f7_k.jpg

Edited by pantelis

WHOAAA! Amazing build! :pir-love:

Hell of a job transforming what's left of the island, to something really lively and beautiful! Superb!

And after seeing this, I feel completely vindicated when I strongly supported the notion that since LEGO "went for the ship approach", it should have released 2 sets, 1 pirate island & 1 pirate ship.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

I love it!!! What a great idea to mod the island! I have ordered the new set myself (backorder, booo!) and you've inspired me to see what I can do to spruce up the island as I'll certainly be putting the ship together probably 5 minutes after finishing the build!  Thanks for sharing

1 hour ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

WHOAAA! Amazing build! :pir-love:

Hell of a job transforming what's left of the island, to something really lively and beautiful! Superb!

And after seeing this, I feel completely vindicated when I strongly supported the notion that since LEGO "went for the ship approach", it should have released 2 sets, 1 pirate island & 1 pirate ship.

Thank you very much my mate for this. Iam glad you like it. I think all the money of this set is the build of the ship. It's great and I think that lego after this must give as new lego Pirate sets!!! 

53 minutes ago, Major Ben said:

I love it!!! What a great idea to mod the island! I have ordered the new set myself (backorder, booo!) and you've inspired me to see what I can do to spruce up the island as I'll certainly be putting the ship together probably 5 minutes after finishing the build!  Thanks for sharing

I am very glad that you enjoy the build and you inspired from this mod.. It's a great new set and I think it's the best think that lego can give as this time.iam waiting for new lego Pirate sets for sure!!! 

Just now, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Excellent mod. Maybe I should do the same.

I am very glad my mate for this. I will be very glad if you make something like this if you see something good to this Mod!!! 

Just now, Elusys Ra Arwal said:

This is a feast for the eyes! Great details, fun and enjoyable! 

Thank you very much for this feedback!! I enjoy every minute of the build and I try to make something that it will playable for me!!! 

Maybe change the title? To make it more relevant to "Pirates of the Barracuda Bay"?

Cause as it is now, one makes absolutely no connection that he is going to see a Mod of "Pirates of the Barracuda Bay". I sure did not and was completely surprised!
It will also show up better in Google searches, "Modding the Pirates of the Barracuda Bay" etc.

And where did you get this nice looking blue-black sail?

Very nice!

I received my set 2 days ago and only thing i built is the ship. Until now, island parts were still in sealed bags waiting for inspiration to make my own bay / island. I will make something very similar to yours! Very nice!

2 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Maybe change the title? To make it more relevant to "Pirates of the Barracuda Bay"?

Cause as it is now, one makes absolutely no connection that he is going to see a Mod of "Pirates of the Barracuda Bay". I sure did not and was completely surprised!
It will also show up better in Google searches, "Modding the Pirates of the Barracuda Bay" etc.

And where did you get this nice looking blue-black sail?

Mmmm... OK but I didn't know is it's OK too call it like the original set. If it's OK iam going to change it... 

Just now, Dorino said:

Very nice!

I received my set 2 days ago and only thing i built is the ship. Until now, island parts were still in sealed bags waiting for inspiration to make my own bay / island. I will make something very similar to yours! Very nice!

Mmmm.. That was my problem.. When I build the ship I tell ok this is brilliant.. I don't want to make it again like the first.. So I tell ok I have to make something with the island.. Iam glad you enjoy it!!