mothman99

Pirate sets you would like to see

I'd like to see some sort of pirate community pack, where you get a wide selection of minifigures included. Think something like Fun in the Park from City, but it's for Pirates.

60134-1.png

A merchant harbor or port town with civilians and lots of stuff (food, barrels, cotton, ..) would be nice. I also really like that Kraken on ideas. Sadly it only has 1500 supports so far. A ghost faction as mentioned here as well would also be nice. 

23 hours ago, Svendp said:

A merchant harbor or port town with civilians and lots of stuff (food, barrels, cotton, ..) would be nice. I also really like that Kraken on ideas. Sadly it only has 1500 supports so far. A ghost faction as mentioned here as well would also be nice. 

A good merchant harbor would be a very lovely edition to the pirates line, maybe it could come with a small merchant ship? As for the Kraken, the best thing to do is to raise awareness about it. It has (as of the time I type this) 512 days left for voting. The best thing to do is to raise awareness.

I would like to see Ghost or Zombified Pirates sub-theme. Also, I would love to see Captian Redbeard returning to the sub theme. What about futuristic pirates? Like Nexo Knights or Ninjago? For example, space pirate ship from Treasure Planet. 

d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m444v2r2b4x2q2w214i4w5d4

I think an updated Smuggler's Shanty would be great as a small set. We need a Bluecoat ship, then a new army to face the pirates. 

I'd prefer an army like greencoats or yellowcoats to replace armada, with them still based on the Spanish armies. A lovely Spanishesque Fort and ship, with a Pirate town and the obligatory outpost and skull island/buried treasure sets for a complete line. 

I only started with pirates this year. The double feature Pirates of Barracuda Bay set and the 3in1 pirate set are a great way to get into the theme.

I would be very happy with a  new fortress with soldiers set, or a harbour with merchant ship set. And I would really love some smaller additional sets in the 20-50 bucks range, like smaller brick build boats.

c9vnRPG.jpg

Something Imperial. of course. Preferably a fort/port set with a small sloop-sized trader ship - something like 6277 Imperial Trading Post a.k.a. Port Royal.

Lego-Pirates-6277-Imperial-Trading-Post

On Pirates side, well... While Pirates of Barracuda Bay is definitely one of the most self-contained and self-sufficient sets, I'd gladly welcome a tribute to the small retro Pirates sets that would be Pirates-themed equivalent of Star Wars' Battle Packs: based on figs with some small accessories like rafts, dinghies, gun carts or cannons with figs different from the ones in PotBB set, of course - the repetition of old deserves to die out; if something bigger, than perhaps with small islands with hidden treasures like 6254 Rocky Reef:
fe25c0a94f0e93fbefaa5b033fad

And NO Islanders, please. This sub-theme is problematic.

Edited by Immo

On 11/13/2020 at 8:40 AM, AViewToALego said:

I wish they bring back the Islanders! They need a third faction to maintain keep the balance between the Imperials and the Pirates! :pir-wink:

Agree, such awesome minifigs and landscapes and brought a lot of colour and life to the pirate theme world.

The above suggestion that it is 'problematic' is a stretch in my view, its clearly a fantasy / fictional faction just like the pirates themselves. Not everything has to be politicised.

Edited by ClassicPirates5eva

I’d like to see more Imperial Armada sets, a modern version of renegade runner with an Ironhook with 2009's pirate minifigure stile (and with rudder and anchor), an Imperial flashship with bluecoats (similar to 2010s) and a ship with Red Beard Runner style of sails, flag and red hull, but with all sails a mast must have, at least 4 cannons and a nice sterncastle. I never liked RBR due to its lack of sails and sterncastle and it has only 3 cannons. However I like its flag, style of the (scarce) sails and   red hull. So that ship could be nice.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, ClassicPirates5eva said:

The above suggestion that it is 'problematic' is a stretch in my view, its clearly a fantasy / fictional faction just like the pirates themselves. Not everything has to be politicised.

I really don't want to argue, but it's not about "politics" - the term tends to be a boogeyman these days - but about basic decency towards indigenous people whose way of life is usually portrayed as "savagery" which brings nothing but trouble.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, Captain Roger said:

a ship with Red Beard Runner style of sails, flag and red hull, but with all sails a mast must have, at least 4 cannons and a nice sterncastle. I never liked RBR due to its lack of sails and sterncastle and it has only 3 cannons. However I like its flag, style of the (scarce) sails and   red hull. So that ship could be nice.

A new Red Beard Runner, like the one below, would be great.
But after the release of a New Caribbean Clipper.

By the way, LEGO should really up it's game.
Chinese companies have started to illegally copy MOC designs from fans, making products out of them and selling them for profit.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

6 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Chinese companies have started to illegally copy MOC designs from fans, making products out of them and selling them for profit.

Going quickly off topic, how are they still getting away with stealing people's designs? This is outrageous!

20 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Going quickly off topic, how are they still getting away with stealing people's designs? This is outrageous! 

The Chinese manufacturing industry isn't regulated nor respects international Intellectual Property laws.

Like @Brickander Brickumnus said, "LEGO should really up it's game" otherwise Chinese company's will happily show them how it's done.  And unfortunate to say, the quality of some of these imitation brands is comparable to LEGO these days.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:52 AM, Mister Phes said:

Here's a problematic Brickhead...

image.png

Haha!! That's a fun one!

Would love to see an Update on the Skull's Eye Schooner and a big Imperial Armada Ship for the new 18 + Line. Also i love to see some 12 wide Hull Pieces for small Ship Designs and a new 20 wide. (or 24...) I know its problematic, but i love the Islanders.

Iam also "fairly" new in this forum. Greetings to all of you!

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

On 1/20/2021 at 6:08 AM, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Iam also "fairly" new in this forum. Greetings to all of you!

Greetings! Welcome to the LEGO Pirates Forum! :pir-huzzah2:

Some great ideas listed - like a harbor, merchant ship and a community figure pack.

Top of my list would be a ship that dares to do something a bit different than being dominated by red and with white/red striped flags. They gave us different ships in the good old days, they could do so now.

I do not care for the armada/islander stuff, though. I prefer something that aims to be from the actual age of piracy.

Edited by Hive

I would be just grateful for the pirate theme to be back, like the castle theme it dominated the late 80s and early 90s and both themes would be very popular these days.

I am surprised Lego haven't decided to release it again I know they did a very half thought pirate line a few years ago, but it needs a strong line to start with and it adding to over the years

3 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

I am surprised Lego haven't decided to release it again I know they did a very half thought pirate line a few years ago, but it needs a strong line to start with and it adding to over the years

I actually think the last pirate line, from 2015, was really solid. A lot of repitition, and it suffered from having just the one wave - but good stuff overall. Certainly a lot better than the last castle theme from 2013.