mothman99

Pirate sets you would like to see

Just now, mothman99 said:

What would be some pirate sets you'd like to see exist?

I don't think that we've had a Pirates Treasure Trove yet. That could be nice.

Perhaps just a singukar Pirate digging down into a sandy island beach to a cave like structure filled with gold coins, goblets, jewels and gemstones, elaborate weaponry etc.

Or him getting drunk whilst going full 'duck tales' into his pile of treasure.

Just now, leafan said:

I don't think that we've had a Pirates Treasure Trove yet. That could be nice.

Perhaps just a singukar Pirate digging down into a sandy island beach to a cave like structure filled with gold coins, goblets, jewels and gemstones, elaborate weaponry etc.

Or him getting drunk whilst going full 'duck tales' into his pile of treasure.

That would be pretty cool. I'd love to see some smaller ships, priced around $30 to $50. 

I'd love to see at least some Soldiers, Armada or Islanders set in the near future, preferably a location-based Island or Fort.

3-in-1 Pirate Ship supposedly has a Tavern/Island build as well but I doubt it'll have much in terms of Soldier or Islander figures.

A Chess set or People Pack with more Islanders would be very nice to see as well.

Soldiers...  *yawn*  we've already had red coats and blue coats in the past two waves.

It's time for the Imperial Armada to return with a mighty fortress! :pir-devil:

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Soldiers...  *yawn*  we've already had red coats and blue coats in the past two waves.

I agree. It would be pretty cool to see the Armada back in action.

The Flying Dutchman would be pretty cool to see. I'd really like to see what crew members TLC would go with.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I could imagine it already! A $200 D2C Spanish fort set in the new world having multiple greenery and stone walls :pir-wub: 

Just now, azog said:

I could imagine it already! A $200 D2C Spanish fort set in the new world having multiple greenery and stone walls :pir-wub: 

I like your imagination...  but what do you mean by multiple greenery?

A merchant ship is at the top of my wishlist, with plain or neutral sails - if added play value is necessary, it could be under attack from pirates on a boat or a small brick-built ship.

Otherwise, something like a small port with tavern (looking forward to the alternate build of the creator ship), or a return of the islander or armada subthemes.

3 hours ago, Ardelon said:

A merchant ship is at the top of my wishlist, with plain or neutral sails - if added play value is necessary, it could be under attack from pirates on a boat or a small brick-built ship.

Otherwise, something like a small port with tavern (looking forward to the alternate build of the creator ship), or a return of the islander or armada subthemes.

A merchant ship and port sets are sorely needed. It would be cool to see some sort of abandoned ruin, with booby traps and a really cool treasure. Something tells me the armada will come back around 2021 for the next pirate wave, just a gut feeling.

I would like to see some set like MMV but in pirate theme with some medium sized merchant ship and civilians.

I'm personally all for a Ghost-Pirates sub-theme, as a series of Deuter-Agonists (am I using that correctly? a third faction, opposong the other two).

As well as a Set I;d like to see; Lego's own interpretation of a Ghost-Pirate-Ship, Not the Silent Mary, but taking inspiration from the Ninjago Posessed line of sets, or the Classic Fantasy Castle Skeleton Barge!

Speaking of, I've got the thing in my Lego Workshop, and I'm making modifications to it.

19 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

True, I'd prefer Armada or Islanders over Red/Blue coats , and in 2021 it'd be 20 years since both were seen, and more then 25 years not counting those 2001 Legends sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I like your imagination...  but what do you mean by multiple greenery?

Just tons of different plants making it look natural to the environment! Kinda like Barracuda Bay. 

Personally I would love to see more sets based on the new world discovery with the Spanish Armada. Of course leaving out Native Americans cause the history really isn't good. But having new animals and different trees that we usually don't see in the pirate theme

2 hours ago, Jevil said:

I'm personally all for a Ghost-Pirates sub-theme, as a series of Deuter-Agonists (am I using that correctly? a third faction, opposong the other two).

How about the Mary Celeste? Could be a good cross-over of reality and Lego theme.

2 hours ago, Jevil said:

As well as a Set I;d like to see; Lego's own interpretation of a Ghost-Pirate-Ship, Not the Silent Mary, but taking inspiration from the Ninjago Posessed line of sets, or the Classic Fantasy Castle Skeleton Barge!

Speaking of, I've got the thing in my Lego Workshop, and I'm making modifications to it.

There's lots of possibilities with ghost pirates,TLC might do something with hidden side.

I'd love to see some Victorian era styled pirates, with top hats or bowler hats.

Also, I know it's kind of dark, but I'd love to see a new dodo bird mold introduced at some point.

I'd prefer a Ship Vs Ship set where each ship has sections that can be 'blown off' by the other's weapons. LEGO is all about action play these days,

6 hours ago, azog said:

Of course leaving out Native Americans cause the history really isn't good. But having new animals and different trees that we usually don't see in the pirate theme

Yes, let's exclude them so those of European decent can more easily ignore the atrocities their ancestors committed against indigenous peoples.