Sign in to follow this  
brickphisto

[MOC] 10262 alternate Porsche 911 FREE INSTRUCTIONS

Hello everybody,

while building my latest moc - a RC Porsche 911 that I presented in the Technic forum earlier this week - I realized that many parts I needed are also included in the official 10262 Aston Martin DB5 set. So I tried to build an alternate model only using parts of 10262. Everything opens as usual. I tried to include as many iconic details as possible: the angled headlights, the iconic shape and the famous "Entenbürzel". There is also plenty of interior: adjustable front and rear seats, dashboard and of course a six flat engine. I am quite pleased with the result. At the moment I am working on the instructions which will hopefully be completed in two weeks time. Thanks for watching!

49785901706_091f106fde_c.jpg

49786226042_92b89f6a22_c.jpg

49785369868_96a5915639_c.jpg

49785370698_255d4269f2_c.jpg

Edited by legophisto
free instructions now available

I saw the 911-martini earlier this week in The Lego Car Blog and the video of the bleaked one. Congrats, it is a great model

This alternate is going to sell lots of Astons

Edited by bitbamboo

Great model, and as an alternate it's even better.  Lovely set of details you've been able to include, and I think the shaping is very well done.  Nice interior, too!

Your Porsche is pretty cool and I like it more than original Aston Martin. I like its simple and clean design.

Just now, Tomik said:

Your Porsche is pretty cool and I like it more than original Aston Martin. I like its simple and clean design.

Thanks. Looking better than that ugly AM DB5 duck is not that hard. :laugh: I can tell you: attaching the roof and getting the right "legal" angles for windscreen, roof and the c-pillars was not that simple at all. But apart from that you are absolutely right.

10 hours ago, deraven said:

Great model, and as an alternate it's even better.  Lovely set of details you've been able to include, and I think the shaping is very well done.  Nice interior, too!

Thank you very much!

19 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

This alternate is going to sell lots of Astons

I would not mind if you were right. As soon as the instructions are ready I will publish them here.

Very very good!

It is funny how popular 911 rebuilds are, I've seen them for nearly every Expert car now

Pop some fender flares on and this could 100% pass as it's own great set.