Sign in to follow this  
brickostan

Station Canopy - inspired by Copenhagen Central Station

Hi

I don't know if anyone has used this technique to create a canopy/roof for a station before.

My intention was to make something that looks like Copenhagen Central Station (Københavns Hovedbanegård).

?size=l

1024px-People_on_the_platform_(795893086

I was impressed with just the first picture of your build.  Then I saw the picture of what you were trying to emulate.  I'd say you Nailed It!  Great Job!

Edited by JWBDolphins
typo

13 hours ago, jrathfon said:

Very cool. The roller coaster track is an exact match!

Thanks. Yeah, the roller coaster tracks is perfect for that. Originally I wanted to use the red tracks, but when I saw that they were available in dark red, I though it was a perfect match.

11 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Great building :thumbup:, do you have in mind to double it? 

Thanks. If I had more space in my LEGO city I would. But at the moment I don’t have plans to double it. I will make it a little longer though.

5 hours ago, JWBDolphins said:

I was impressed with just the first picture of your build.  Then I saw the picture of what you were trying to emulate.  I'd say you Nailed It!  Great Job!

Thanks.

1 hour ago, deraven said:

Looks great, and works really well with the lattice supports, too!  

Thanks. 

That's a great build. Having two or three of those arches next to each other would capture the feel of many larger stations

3 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

That's looking great.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

That's a great build. Having two or three of those arches next to each other would capture the feel of many larger stations

Thanks. Yeah, but personally I don’t have space for that at the moment. Maybe I should try to find some more space ?

That's a lovely station! The roller coaster tracks look really good as roof supports and the dark red color scheme is nice. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, brickostan said:

If I had more space in my LEGO city I would. But at the moment I don’t have plans to double it. I will make it a little longer though.

Nice, will definitely be better! :thumbup:

15 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

That's a lovely station! The roller coaster tracks look really good as roof supports and the dark red color scheme is nice. :thumbup:

Thanks. I was glad to see that Lego realeased them in dark red. But rollercoaster track is one thing, I also needed hinges in that color.

At first I looked at dark red hinge plates (2429/2430), but they are rare and insanely expensive (at least for the amount I needed). Then I settled on th hinge bricks instead (3830/3831).

12 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Nice, will definitely be better! :thumbup:

?

I really like your take on this canopy - I've seen others do something similar with curved train track, but using the roller coaster curves in dark red looks amazing!  It reminds me of some of the old American trainsheds of which I've seen pictures - beautifully done!

Edited by weeble1688
removed extra word

10 hours ago, weeble1688 said:

I really like your take on this canopy - I've seen others do something similar with curved train track, but using the roller coaster curves in dark red looks amazing!  It reminds me of some of the old American trainsheds of which I've seen pictures - beautifully done!

Yeah. I have thought of using these curved roller coaster tracks for this since 10261 (with the red tracks) came out.

But only now have I build it in real life - the big push for doing it was that they were now available in dark red.