Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL - CHIII - CAT B] The Philosophers Stone

Monsieur,

49784611927_790b97eeb9.jpg

After joining our small crew in Fort Altrees, I ventured to make contact with the Carnite forces. Upon meeting our Carnite contact on El Oleonda, he reported that some individuals were after the fabled Philosopher's Stone. We met up with Lady Frieda. A fearsome lady and one whose family has financed a significant portion of the expedition. Her second in command, Captain Stefan, was leading a group of soldiers to look for this fabled Philosopher's Stone in order to turn the tide of the war with the Lotus.

49783391741_564094cf3e.jpg

The legend is that there was a powerful ancient culture that once dominated the lands. And when a demon came he offered them the instructions on how to make it. In exchange, they needed to offer sacrifices to him every time they made the stone. When Zeus and Hades found out they were both furious. For one fortnight, the skies raged with thunder, lightning and winds. The ground is said to have opened up and swallowed entire cities. When all was said and done they had destroyed not only the entire capital but the entire culture, every city, person, every island. Nothing was left standing, however legend has it that one stone managed to remain hidden.

49783391636_53de6ccb9d.jpg

I do not know if they will find anything but I will continue to observe and report any findings.

Sgt Enzo Beaumont

C&C welcome, overviews in spoilers

Spoiler

49782851068_8bdea42d91_z.jpg

49783748673_7d143e2acf_z.jpg

Edited by merc

Epicness both in build and story! I loved them both! Especially effective the round building and the skeleton pit!

4 hours ago, merc said:

The legend is that there was a powerful ancient culture that once dominated the lands. And when a demon came he offered them the instructions on how to make it. In exchange, they needed to offer sacrifices to him every time they made the stone. When Zeus and Hades found out they were both furious. For one fortnight, the skies raged with thunder, lightning and winds. The ground is said to have opened up and swallowed entire cities. When all was said and done they had destroyed not only the entire capital but the entire culture, every city, person, every island. Nothing was left standing, however legend has it that one stone managed to remain hidden.

Oh WOW this is some hardcore Indiana Jones style story man!! Amazing and daring. I really like it. Secondly, oh man you did put some creativity in the build! It is just amazing to see how well it fits into the jungle vibe! I'd like to see more of these kind of builds from you! :thumbup:

Great story to accompany an equally great build! The circular construction is eyecatching and rather unique. It's not that often done in Lego. Beautiful!

Great idea to make this round, and you've got quite a lot of skeletons too!

WOW. This is amazing! The sacrificial pit makes the model somewhat eerie, and you get the impression of something long lost in the deep jungles of what could be Mesoamerica in this world.

Nice build, and a large one, I like the overgrown, and the minifigs with armour torso look good too.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Yes ! Yes ! And yes !

Wonderful ! The story, the built, the idea, the realisation...

What a gorgeous one !

Thank you! The story come first with inspiration from some TVshows that I have watched.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Epicness both in build and story! I loved them both! Especially effective the round building and the skeleton pit!

Thank you! I'm glad it came out so well.

On 4/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, Fraunces said:

Oh WOW this is some hardcore Indiana Jones style story man!! Amazing and daring. I really like it. Secondly, oh man you did put some creativity in the build! It is just amazing to see how well it fits into the jungle vibe! I'd like to see more of these kind of builds from you! :thumbup:

Thank you! A little research was involved to try and get a story that was a mix of two cultures. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:10 PM, Khorne said:

Great story to accompany an equally great build! The circular construction is eyecatching and rather unique. It's not that often done in Lego. Beautiful!

Thank you, it took a bit to get it that  curve and fit it correctly on the base. 

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great idea to make this round, and you've got quite a lot of skeletons too!

Thank you. you would actually be surprised with how many lego sets that I have had over the years all include at least one skeleton. :head_back:

8 hours ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

WOW. This is amazing! The sacrificial pit makes the model somewhat eerie, and you get the impression of something long lost in the deep jungles of what could be Mesoamerica in this world.

Thank you, I'm glad I was able to due the ruins justice.

5 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice build, and a large one, I like the overgrown, and the minifigs with armour torso look good too.

Thank you. I got the inspiration from conquistador pictures I found.

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I really like this one. Nice idea and skilfully realised. 

Thank you! The story came first and then I had to make a build that fit the idea.

4 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

I really like the use of arches in the roof!

Thank you! At first I was going to try and make a dome and settled on the design I used instead.

Edited by merc

This is fantastic - as the others have mentioned, the semi-circle is brilliant, and the vines and vegetation overgrowing - along with all those skeletons - give the perfect sense of abandonment and ruin :thumbup:  My favorite details are the open arches in the walls and the way you've extended those half-arches on top, and quite an intriguing story as well! :pir-classic:

On 4/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, Garmadon said:

This is fantastic - as the others have mentioned, the semi-circle is brilliant, and the vines and vegetation overgrowing - along with all those skeletons - give the perfect sense of abandonment and ruin :thumbup:  My favorite details are the open arches in the walls and the way you've extended those half-arches on top, and quite an intriguing story as well! :pir-classic:

Thank you, I had a lot of fun making the build and incorporating the arches into a semi-circle. The story actually came first and the build was the result.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:33 AM, Mister Phes said:

And onto the Classic Pirates Facebook Page it goes!

Thank you!

Wow!

That's a big one !

Very well built and the round aspect you gave to your build is excellent !

A very good entry ! Keep up the good job ! :pir-huzzah2: