I want to start a collection of fake engines. Please post images and if you have instructions for fake engines. 
Be they big or small, functional or non functional. As long as its a fake engine you could plop into a moc, everything goes. 

I'll start:

My V4 engine:
q0uQ5knl.jpgbAFee3yl.jpg

Sadly no instructions for this thing. 

Features:
-Spinning fan blade, alternator and power steering pump. 
-Hookup for upper radiator hose
-Two exhaust pipes 
-Clutch/flywheel setup.
-Carburetor
-Distributor
-Moving pistons. 

Nice idea : )

Big Block V8, working Technic 2x2 pistons with timing chain

6602067215_d4759d48ba.jpg

Edited by Ape Fight

My fake Rotary Engine with moving rotors:

Instruction video showcasing how it works an how to build it. It might be a little cringe, I am not used to speak on camera :innocent:

I believe I am the first to develop a realisticly working Rotary engine small enaugh to fit into a 1:8 car, so feel free to call me Rotary Meister :laugh_hard: 

Edited by Gray Gear

I have made quite a few fake engines in the past.

When I was in Cadets I taught a class on engine configurations. I had to cover V-type, flat, inline, radial, and rotary engines. The link below has images of each one that I built, but the rotary was by far my favourite one. it's a bit bulky but made it easy to see how the rotor moves within the housing.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMDwFVx

Here's an engine I designed for TC18 as an attempt to make a three-cylinder inline engine as small as possible. Missing from the model is a belt that's supposed to drive the yellow axle.

moottori.gif

I also think this is a great idea.  I referenced this engine on another thread discussing @T Lego's new Centenario (front paged).  My own version of the Chiron's W16.  Little small for scale, but not by much.

Pics are on my flickr page... (below)

Edited by nerdsforprez

This is a 16 Cylinder Radial engine with variable pitch propeller that I built a while ago.   I slapped it together in a few hours to see if it would work.  If I had known how many views the video was going to get, I would've used newer parts with a stronger structure. :iamded_lol:  I have a version 2 planned, but I haven't bothered to build it yet.  I also want to build more realistic 7, 9, 14, and 18 cylinder versions, but they all had odd number of cylinders per row, so the geometry is a bit awkward.    

I forgot this thread exists

Here is an X16:

On 12/20/2009 at 9:56 AM, Zerobricks said:

I managed to shorten the engine, by replacing the usual cam shaft parts with a 2 studded half beam.

Also the casing is better now.

p1130942.jpg

p1130943.jpg

Camshaft:

p1130944.jpg

Edited by Zerobricks

Lego Fake Boxer in action. https://imgur.com/gallery/jpLtUV2

zV5CjCo.jpg

rFWa3FY.jpg

1EAYMX5.jpg

oCRDpff.jpg

NjOUh6H.jpg

xPOfxYJ.jpg

Fake 6 cylinder Boxer. 

This was designed to work with RC vehicles, and it does flawlessly. Could probably be made one stud less in height. 

Position of yellow bushes on red axles (used for pistons) matters, it'll jam if they aren't pushed in a bit on valve side. 

The "valves" bounce off axle above them, forcing them to work fast enough if gravity alone isn't working. Limits the max travel of it all too. 

Will continue to work at pretty extreme angles, and when that's exceeded (like it's upside down) the pistons stop moving and nothing jams. 

The black 2 beam with cross axle hole things sticking out the top are suspension mounts for a Corvette/Senna/Jeep scale 911 GT3 I'm working on. 

EDIT: called pistons cylinders, fixed that. 

Added link to video of it working. 

Edited by RocketPuppy

Since I've been noted here, some more of my mini engine constructions:

The one above originates from this engine that I made for a Front Engine Roadster build, I needed to make mini V6 take less space vertically and the crankshaft is what takes 3 studs in mini V6 etc, so I used flower heads

source.gif

At this point in time, my connection to the crankshaft wasn't reliable, but it is perfected in the Mini Mobile Crane build.

As for more classical mini fake piston engine, I believe using frames is what wastes a lot of space and thus recommend taking a look at my rear-mounted V10 assembly, where the engine frame is also frame for the differential, wheels and body around, that I used in my Cyber Cruiser and Mini Formula Race Car.

SlchRe7.jpg

source.gif

Also just for the lulz, here's my multibank engine design (can't lay the bottom row flat without shenanigans pushing pistons back though)

TpRgaJv.png

I'm not 100% sure it'll work out as I haven't built it yet - I'll build this once I've solved all other construction pieces required for the build using this engine.

Edited by SaperPL

I didn't, but I think it's fairly easy. Just build something with system parts. The only problem then is the connection points, but a pin with pinhole connector on the front and some construction on the back should make it possible. I built something similar in my Scania 140, although without Servo under it, but I had quite a bulky chassis.

Edited by Rebel_Lego

Hello everyone! These little fellows I developed about 6 months ago! I thought they were the smallest engines ever, but no I see that it is not so... However my fellows are very strong and stable ;-)

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0204.jpeg