T Lego

[MOC] Lamborghini Centenario hypercar 1:8 with building instructions

Now we're not talking about CaDA's licensed model from T_lego, but a copy of that. I think we're pushing our luck with Dark Side stuff, here gents.

23 minutes ago, amorti said:

Now we're not talking about CaDA's licensed model from T_lego, but a copy of that. I think we're pushing our luck with Dark Side stuff, here gents.

You are right, I was just trying to help a fellow out. Lets get back to topic.

On 11/24/2020 at 6:26 AM, Gray Gear said:

You are right, I was just trying to help a fellow out. Lets get back to topic.

I also bought the 18K Super.  Did a review of it.  Will not post it here because it would definitely be against the rules (already pushing it), but it is on my youtube channel.  

Overall: great value.  

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I also bought the 18K Super.  Did a review of it.  Will not post it here because it would definitely be against the rules (already pushing it), but it is on my youtube channel.  

Overall: great value.  

T_Lego has said a big problem with the CaDA kit, was his design relies on rotational pin friction in a few places, and CaDA pins don't really have any.

I guess the kit you got is from GoBricks pieces, and those have friction almost like 90's Lego pins, so I can imagine it would work much better.

Shame it has to be a pirate copy :(

@nerdsforprez Thanks a lot for your review! Like amorti said, the difference is quite big between the lego and CaDa version in terms of fragility. Still it was my mistake to not attach every panel in a way that it's fully secured. Anyway, lesson learned and time to get on with my current WIP ;-)

18 minutes ago, T Lego said:

@nerdsforprez Thanks a lot for your review! Like amorti said, the difference is quite big between the lego and CaDa version in terms of fragility. Still it was my mistake to not attach every panel in a way that it's fully secured. Anyway, lesson learned and time to get on with my current WIP ;-)

One of my all-time favorite MOCs to build.  Great work.   TY for the experience.   Can't wait for you new one....

@nerdsforprez You might want to have a second look at the #5/#6 panels on the front end. The ends should rest on the center #21/#22 panels :wink: 

Great eye.  I will look at it tonight.  Either it is my error, or there may be another error in the instructions.  I am curious.....

This is probably one of the most impressive builds I have ever seen, Technic or otherwise. As someone who is getting back into MOCs (system) after years away, this is also super humbling. There is probably more engineering, planning, and designing in one fender of this than in the entire model I'm currently working on. I'm over here scratching my head over relatively simple engineering problems and people are out there creating things like this. It's a wonderful model, excellent work.

The Lamborghini Centenario has been on the back burner for a while, slowly building up parts rather than going down the Aliexpress route for a fully complete kit. After all it’s also about the chase of your own choice of certain parts and colours, etc. - rather than a carbon copy.

While the Lamborghini will be primarily Dark Azure, due to excessive Panels and Lift-arms in my own stocks, it will be some items like the 3 x 7 Curved Panels that are proving difficult to get. When I built my Porsche GT3 RS in Dark Azure it cost me two Rally Car sets (and only one panel in each)! 
Any-how we are a week deep into a nationwide Covid19 Lockdown in New Zealand at the moment, so prefect time to get this started. The only problem is New Zealand Bricklink stores have been cleaned out of 5 x 7 Liftarm Frames (Black) for a while and I have thirty of them somewhere currently between Australia and NZ! - Oh well, work around that in the meantime.

51402978531_a6fa88ebcc_c_d.jpg

Just started with the cabin module with red seats (without using system tiles) and matte aluminium shifter parts from Chrome Block City and black 3L Pins where fitted where necessary. Working through a mod to side skirts rather than using systems elements.

I like the modular nature of this build, similar to the McLaren 720S, also the bodywork is all modular, I been able to build most of that too.

Hopefully some further photographs when complete. 

NB:- I have used Chrome Block City for quite a few projects now - superb service, generally 10 days from Poland to down under in New Zealand 👍🏼

Edited by LegoHoops

800x745.jpg

So I've recolored this amazing model to Lime Green, using only genuine Lego parts, not because I'm such a fundamentalist purist, but because I like a challenge! :pir-grin:

Huge thanks to @T Lego for his generous support for this project, and for challenging me to use the Sian wheel arches on all wheels! This necessitated many changes to the front, and while I was at it, I also changes many many smaller cosmetic details, just because. :sweet:

I also made every attempt to ensure all the bodywork is fixed in place, nothing is easily knocked ajar... except the side skirts. But I have advanced plans to rebuild them very solidly, using part 71682, but I need to steal them off the other beauty shown in the gallery linked below -- ouch!

If there's any interest, I may post a changelog and explain some of the building techniques -- there are some exotic solutions including rubber axle connectors, Bionicle joints, and sausages. :drunk:

Many more photos in this bricksafe gallery.

Let me just tag @langko and @brunojj1 who may be interested in seeing the photos in the gallery. :pir-huzzah2:

@astyanax Thanks a lot for sharing your modification here! 

I love the result very much! Building it in lime has created a lot of challenges as one can witness, such as absence of the bionicle wings which naturally compromises the area around the side intakes. However, the final result is very impressive and I will definitely apply some of the changes in my model which is covered in about a meter dust. Appreciate the extensive photoshoot too, if I had known you live in Lugano (?) I could have dropped by to check it out in person as I was there for a couple of days this summer.:pir-cry_happy:

Keep us updated on the skirts!:thumbup:

6 hours ago, astyanax said:

If there's any interest, I may post a changelog and explain some of the building techniques -- there are some exotic solutions including rubber axle connectors, Bionicle joints, and sausages.

Oh my god please do. Time to wait for Gobricks to do curved wheel arches lol

Also, I uh... I wouldn't mind seeing you have a go at restyling the Sian to have better proportions... especially at the rear :grin:

@astyanax Wow dude, thanks for sharing! You've done an amazing job with the colour switch. I think @T Lego did the best possible job with the dark azure colour palette, but this takes it too another level. The front end looks amazing, unbelievably clean. I like the redone exhaust parts too. Main part is the rear arches where I think the original mudguard piece and bionicle wing look a lot better... but that just shows the pros and cons with each given colour. Minor part would be that the areas that make up the windscreen don't look quite as secure as the original but it seems to work ok. 

I especially like the last few photos with the water/mountains in the background.  Reminds me a lot of the scenery in Queenstown - NZ when I was there a couple years ago. :classic:

On 8/29/2021 at 8:40 PM, astyanax said:

Thanks for sharing, you really have done justice to both models and the green / red contrast highlights how different yet cool both are next to each other! Especially I admire the view of mountains and sea in the background which you most likely will be enjoying day by day :pir-love:.. I will visit you some day after corona is over :pir-laugh:.

27 minutes ago, williamyzfr1 said:

If I buy a Chiron is there a Rebrickable/Bricklink  inventory list just for the additional parts required?

Go to Rebrickable page of the MOC -> Build MOC -> Change Build Options -> "extra set" - enter Chiron set number.

build_centenario.png

-------------------------------------------------

The fotos of the lime version look amazing :pir-love:

Edited by syclone

1 hour ago, syclone said:

Go to Rebrickable page of the MOC -> Build MOC -> Change Build Options -> "extra set" - enter Chiron set number.

build_centenario.png

-------------------------------------------------

The fotos of the lime version look amazing :pir-love:

Thank you.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:32 PM, T Lego said:

Keep us updated on the skirts!:thumbup:

After several more iterations, I'm really happy with how the skirts are turning out. :sweet: Smooth and super strong... maybe even over-engineered haha!

I'll post photos/video as soon as I have time to make them, hopefully this weekend.

Oh and that 1x6 brick at the bottom-front of the car that keeps falling off when handling the model? Finally I found a totally secure and smooth solution there too... Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier... :drunk:

Good luck knocking anything off the car now! :pir-grin:

On 8/30/2021 at 3:50 AM, Bartybum said:

Oh my god please do.

Alright the changelog is pending. :pir-huzzah2:

On 8/30/2021 at 12:47 PM, langko said:

The front end looks amazing, unbelievably clean. I like the redone exhaust parts too. Main part is the rear arches where I think the original mudguard piece and bionicle wing look a lot better... but that just shows the pros and cons with each given colour. Minor part would be that the areas that make up the windscreen don't look quite as secure as the original but it seems to work ok. 

Thanks!! The windscreen is indeed as flexible as it looks, but also secure in the sense that it always moves back into the right shape. The tapered curved panels over the front wheels give a super smooth look, but they're also in the way of any fixation points for the bottom corners of the windscreen... As you say, pros and cons! :wink:

@T Lego and @brunojj1: Yes ping me any time you find yourself on the south side of the Alps! I'm a knowledgeable mountain guide too, y'know... :grin:

Yay a video!

Here you can see the new side skirts that I fitted. At the end of the video I tilt the model by its skirts, showing how strong they are now. :pir-grin:

Also near the end there's a close-up of some new details I added to the rear 'window'.