T Lego

[MOC] Lamborghini Centenario hypercar 1:8 with building instructions

Finished assmebling the Sian. I have taken some pics of it together with the Centenario. They look really good together. In one picture you can see the tims swapped too. Ejoy!

20200602_150941.jpg

20200602_150836.jpg

20200602_150618.jpg

20200602_144327.jpg

20200602_150715.jpg

20200602_150740.jpg

20200602_150859.jpg

20200602_151713.jpg

Oh man the rim swap looks incredible. I'm seriously considering designing various rims to 3D print for the Sian

58 minutes ago, LvdH said:

@aniking It’s supposed to be a jumper tile. 

that one right?

3794.png

33 minutes ago, T Lego said:

Finished assmebling the Sian. I have taken some pics of it together with the Centenario. They look really good together. In one picture you can see the tims swapped too. Ejoy!

20200602_150941.jpg

20200602_150836.jpg

20200602_150618.jpg

20200602_144327.jpg

20200602_150715.jpg

20200602_150740.jpg

20200602_150859.jpg

20200602_151713.jpg

left to right, pro vs amateur. i'll buy it only for the curiosity

That Centenario is amazing and the little luggage is just the perfect cherry on top :wub: Bravo!

The combination of blue and gold with the Sian rims looks really dope.

5 hours ago, T Lego said:

Finished assembling the Sian. I have taken some pics of it together with the Centenario. They look really good together. In one picture you can see the [r]ims swapped too. E[n]joy!

Did you already consider whether your Centenario itself could be swapped to Lime? (Not saying it's a good idea... :wink:)

Assuming the Sian's new wheel arches can be made to fit the Centenario, that leaves only 4 part types (currently) unavailable in Lime:

1. The 9L beam. Surely there's a workaround.
  2. The 10 x 1 curved bricks. Surely there's a workaround.
  3. The 7 x 3 panels. A possible workaround is to use #3/#4 panels, potentially coupled with #21/#22 panels to fill the gap.
  4. The Bionicle wings. An elegant workaround is not immediately obvious to me.

250x250p.jpg?1579418610.7098432

250x250p.jpg?1579433165.1715384

250x250p.jpg?1579723257.771053

Edited by astyanax

Yeah, I had a look at it too. The 9L liftarms are used at the skirts and very easily replaced by making the one besides it (11L I believe) 2 studs longer and making the 9L —> 7L.

The two wings at the rear arches are hardest to replace. The 3x7 curved panels seem quite easy to replace. Maybe wedge plates are a possibility. 

With the new wheels, callipers and changed interior to DBG like the Sian, you end up with a little more than 60% in common to 42115: https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=42115-1&1-user_list=&2-set=&2-user_list=77540

Funnily enough the Sian has more parts in common with the dark azure Centenario than the Chiron...

Edited by LvdH

Besides black, can this Centenario be made in another color? I'm planning on making the P1 in Black or white so was curious. Is there and easy way to find this out?

28 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

Besides black, can this Centenario be made in another color? I'm planning on making the P1 in Black or white so was curious. Is there and easy way to find this out?

Yes, on Rebrickable you can use the color swap feature.

They look wonderful together, great job.

It is, quite simply, the best supercar MOC I've seen, and that was already a high bar. I've started to gather together the pieces :wink: 

On 6/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, astyanax said:

Yes, on Rebrickable you can use the color swap feature.

Not exactly unfortunately. It switches the colors but doesn't account for the fact if the part actually exists in that color. 

Beautiful pics! now all you need is the Miura by JamesJT and the Lamborghini stable will be complete :)

42056 Miura

On 6/2/2020 at 10:01 PM, SheldonF said:

Not even in black actually without painting. There aren’t any colours that have all the pieces.

Orange comes close, but missing 5/6 panels (and possibly more).

Yellow might come close after 42114, but still missing the wheelarches (again possibly more)

Lime also got close after 42115, missing four pieces that might be replaceable. They’re listed not that far up.

White missing wheel arches.

I didn’t check for any of these, I’m just going by memory...

And yes you can change the colour on rebrickable and see which part gives an error. But there is no instant way to check as far as I know.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Not even in black actually without painting. There aren’t any colours that have all the pieces.

Yellow might come close after 42114, but still missing the wheelarches (again possibly more)

Lime also got close after 42115, missing four pieces that might be replaceable. They’re listed not that far up.

And yes you can change the colour on rebrickable and see which part gives an error. But there is no instant way to check as far as I know.

I've been considering building the Centenario in Red... The 3x13 arch panels and the wheel arches are readily available in Red from you-know-where.

Only thing that concerns me is how that will affect the look of the rear lights? They might "disappear" against the red bodywork...

2016_centenario_roadster_5.jpg

40 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I've been considering building the Centenario in Red... The 3x13 arch panels and the wheel arches are readily available in Red from you-know-where.

Only thing that concerns me is how that will affect the look of the rear lights? They might "disappear" against the red bodywork...

800x450.jpg
I've seen someone work on a red one. A friend of mine painted a few pieces for him. You can see he's using LBG/silver pieces. In the real one the rear light is transparent when it's off.

However depending who you ask, a Lamborghini should never be red :laugh:

6 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I've seen someone work on a red one. A friend of mine painted a few pieces for him. You can see he's using LBG/silver pieces. In the real one the rear light is transparent when it's off.

However depending who you ask, a Lamborghini should never be red :laugh:

Silver is a great idea, thanks!

Indeed, I've been more concerned with whether I could, not whether I should... :grin:

Edited by astyanax
removed pic from quote

8 hours ago, LvdH said:

Thanks for the info. I went through each part essentially (the colored ones) to see what was feasible. I think orange is best with replacing the missing panels with black. Only reason I'm so hesitant on Blue is because I already the Bugatti and Aston Martin in the 1:8 scale. I might try the white using the RSR wheel arches and modiying them since they're only 2 studs short. The wheel looks like it should fit with no issues. 

1 hour ago, Aman said:

I'm thinking of a yellow one. There are 8 yellow items,11 parts i'd have to source from elsewhere though which is the only thing putting me off right now...

https://gyazo.com/3714eed8087bdaa61fcb863d53f8cfc8

I would love to see a yellow one! You can buy most panels in other colours on aliexpress. Otherwise you should use yellow spraypaint and a primer. (if you are not a purist)

1 hour ago, SheldonF said:

Thanks for the info. I went through each part essentially (the colored ones) to see what was feasible. I think orange is best with replacing the missing panels with black. Only reason I'm so hesitant on Blue is because I already the Bugatti and Aston Martin in the 1:8 scale. I might try the white using the RSR wheel arches and modiying them since they're only 2 studs short. The wheel looks like it should fit with no issues

Somone else already did it. It required a few minor mods. He also customized the interior to match the colours of the printed patern on the arches.

98010117_3469257659769144_27827181372361

98274397_3469257426435834_76817127373442

So much better than the Sian. I think the Lego stock models are never as good as MOC models. The Bugatti set is about $350. What does it cost to get the other parts necessary for this build? another $100-150?

Edited by adi518

49 minutes ago, adi518 said:

What does it cost to get the other parts necessary for this build? another $100-150?

Of course it depends on where you live but I think it's more like $250-300. You can also buy second hand Chiron to save some money.

I've just ordered all the parts for a full yellow Centenario, I have also ordered the sticker sheet which have the blue thin accent stickers. I've noticed you've added more than them blue stripes round the car like the front and side vents, did you just cut the stickers to size or did you do something else to add these accents? Would a yellow marker work well or anything else?

10 hours ago, Aman said:

I've just ordered all the parts for a full yellow Centenario, I have also ordered the sticker sheet which have the blue thin accent stickers. I've noticed you've added more than them blue stripes round the car like the front and side vents, did you just cut the stickers to size or did you do something else to add these accents? Would a yellow marker work well or anything else?

I ordered an extra sheet to add extra accents to the front and the vents where here and there I had to cut some stickers. If you contact Jaap you can request a sheet of yellow accents (or any other colour). If you still want to do it differently I recommend dipping the edge of the panels in a thin layer of spay paint. I tried that and it worked really well. 

I am really looking forward to seeing your yellow version!

On 6/5/2020 at 7:31 PM, adi518 said:

So much better than the Sian. I think the Lego stock models are never as good as MOC models. The Bugatti set is about $350. What does it cost to get the other parts necessary for this build? another $100-150?

If cost is a concern, I guess you maybe don't know there's another way to get all the pieces for this build for sensible money...