T Lego

[MOC] Lamborghini Centenario hypercar 1:8 with building instructions

4 hours ago, Meatman said:

Lego already has the Lamborghini license.

so it woudnt be a problem for them to make it

5 hours ago, T Lego said:

I know , I really loved the spec 'Blue Cepheus' Centenario and dark azure looked pretty close to that colour so that's why I built it in that colour.

Only if you push the car the car fully down and the springs compress then yes. But when regularly driving and steering with the car that is not the case.

It would never get approved, even with 10k supporters. It exceeds the maximum parts quantity and even if it didn't: zero percent chance.

k

Just received my stickers from JaapTechnic. Click pictures for full size. 

800x600.jpg

They come packed nicely - they're definitely not going to be bent in transport.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Sticker package includes:

- 12 strips for the diffuser
- Lamborghini branding on the back
- OUTATIME license plate
- Tachometer 
- Infotainment system
- Centenario emblem (they go on the black bit between the two soft axles)
- Dark azure sticker to roll around the black pin connector on the bonnet
- 7 Lamborghini emblems: 2 on the doors, 1 on the bonnet, 2 on the headrests, 1 on the luggage, 1 on the steering wheel.
- Black sticker for the rear bit of the fender

Edited by LvdH

Hello there, I love this MOC and I feel sad for you that I heard that Lepin has already stolen your design.

But today I see a post in China forum about Lego (Baidu), and that post said you have "sold" the license to another copy-Lego company CaDa.

Just want to confirm is that true or made-up news.
Post link https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6635881356

Edited by SamuelYsc
remove photo

@LvdH Thank you very much for the review!

@SamuelYsc This forum is dedicated to original LEGO only so please don't discuss other brick companies here or even mention them. Please remove your image and link from your previous post.

To make things clear here, I will explain the following: it is true that a certain rip off company posted a fake copy of my MOC 4 hours after it's release!! I sold my copyright to a different brick company that actually values intellectual property and since I knew this was going to happen and since they are located in china they also have the ability to take the rip off companies down. That's what I am hoping for. I made a deal to be able to keep selling building instructions though. Nothing is ideal but these are the current circumstances so I hope you understand my decision. 

EDIT: @brunojj1 Fully agreed with your comment Allhough I did make a deal with them before it's release.

Edited by T Lego

@T Lego I am not here to argue and I understand your reason and logic.

"Enemy's enemy is your friend"

If the same thing happens to me I probably will do the same.
But the real problems are, it is unfair to the people who already buy or planning to buy the instructions or parts at Rebrickable.
Lego is not a cheap toy if it is full Lego parts it will be like 800USD+€25 for it.
I am not saying Cada is cheap, I have bought some pf parts for them as well. But the whole cost of building it is of course wayyyyyy cheaper than the full Lego one. Probably you can have it from 1/6 price.
That is why people might feel unfair.

I don't know how much they will pay you for it but it does also seems like you are taking benefit from both sides.

What my suggestion is, at least made some changes to the C version, let it independent to the rebrickable version. Or maybe so nerf or simplified detail or it is manual version only?

Edited by SamuelYsc
+suggestions

Just now, SamuelYsc said:

But the real problems are, it is unfair to the people who already buy or planning to buy the instructions or parts at Rebrickable.
Lego is not a cheap toy if it is full Lego parts it will be like 800USD+€25 for it.
I am not saying Cada is cheap, I have bought some pf parts for them as well. But the whole cost of building it is of course wayyyyyy cheaper than the full Lego one. Probably you can have it from 1/6 price.

I am not here to argue either but I want to point out the following: pretty much everyone on Rebrickable is a true LEGO enthusiast and purist as well. Meaning they will most likely not purchase a set from a different brick company. I don't want to let the real LEGO fans down that's why I put in the effort with Thorsten to create instructions. In conclusion I disagree with it not  being 'fair'.

I hope we can leave the entire subject behind us now.:classic::thumbup:

Just now, T Lego said:

I am not here to argue either but I want to point out the following: pretty much everyone on Rebrickable is a true LEGO enthusiast and purist as well. Meaning they will most likely not purchase a set from a different brick company. I don't want to let the real LEGO fans down that's why I put in the effort with Thorsten to create instructions. In conclusion I disagree with it not  being 'fair'.

I hope we can leave the entire subject behind us now.:classic::thumbup:

Sure, just forget what I have said. Sorry for being harsh.

Let's back to the car.

I really like how you use the teeth to represent the headlight, the craving of the car is really nice too. I can see you have put a lot of effort to make it right.
The luggage is very cute too! XD

Just wonder will you release a roadster version? That will be cool.

I’m late to the party, but what a fabulous creation. I will buy the instructions immediately! Thanks for making them and for making them available together with the stickers and the 3D printed rims. This is indeed next level stuff!

On 4/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, iamakoolman said:

so it woudnt be a problem for them to make it

k

What I meant was Lego ideas for for new IP ideas, not for existing ones. This is the reason they don't want things like Star Wars related models submitted.

20 hours ago, SamuelYsc said:

@T Lego I am not here to argue and I understand your reason and logic.

"Enemy's enemy is your friend"

I don't know how much they will pay you for it but it does also seems like you are taking benefit from both sides.

What my suggestion is, at least made some changes to the C version, let it independent to the rebrickable version. Or maybe so nerf or simplified detail or it is manual version only?

It's one thing with these clone companies stealing moc creator's designs and selling them as cheap sets,  but we cannot ignore the fact that moc designers are selling instructions for their mocs which are based on someone else's IP, not to mention using the names of those auto manufacturers to help sell their product. 

I'm not sure how you can be mad at one company for stealing from you when you are illegally using a manufacturer's design and name for profit. :sceptic:

For those who disliked the headlights, I've come up with an alternative which I forgot not mention earlier. I like it a lot more than the tooth. I have also put in on Rebrickable.

20200424_094950.jpeg

I also ordered a few extra vinyl sticker strips to add some more accents (intakes and front) on mine. I guess I will have to do the skirts too.

@T Lego I like this kind of attitude of perfectionning over and over :thumbup:. The "eyes" look even better now with the hockey sticks. The thin stickers at the edges make a small but considerable difference. 

I have thought about the front fenders again and I fully understand your struggle with this section - damn it - no 2L, 3L straight connectors available in dark azure! What do you think about the following: spare the #4 connector on the front end and the bionicle tooth at the door and put the flex this unconventional way:

640x333.jpg

One more thought on the wheels: the inner rim part could be sanded, treated with filler and sprayed with matt silver.

Edited by brunojj1

@brunojj1 Thanks a lot for you suggestions!:thumbup: I will see If I can make the mod for the wheelarch work. Since the area behind the wheelarch curves it could end up sticking out because of the new higher attachment for the flex axle which doesn't curve inwards whilst going up. We will have to see. The idea for wheels sounds really nice too. Thanks again!!!

Well, I have just logged into EB for the first time in a few weeks, so it was nice to see this MOC gracing the Technic Forum.

Nice work, and I like the chassis as well.

Do the rims stl comes with the instructions ? If so, has someone tried to print them using a SLA printer (Anycubic Photon, Elegoo Mars, Prusa SL1, ...), they should come way smoother with this kind of printer...in fact I'm considering buy one such printer just to print those rims :-)

Edited by charlesw

1 hour ago, charlesw said:

Do the rims stl comes with the instructions ? If so, has someone tried to print them using a SLA printer (Anycubic Photon, Elegoo Mars, Prusa SL1, ...), they should come way smoother with this kind of printer...in fact I'm considering buy one such printer just to print those rims :-)

Hi, the .stl file for the rims is not included in the instructions. The file can be bought for 8 euros by sending an email to the following address: customlegorims@gmail.com. I beleive no one has tried that printing it using the printers you mentioned. If you decide to print them that way make sure to show the result!:wink:

I will buy the sian set from the lego store on monday and will post comparion pictures next to the centenario here as soon as I have finished building it!

Just finished your car and it looks great..wonderful build..I decided for the hockey stick headlights. It compliments the front much better! I’ll post some pictures soon on Instagram and bricksafe.. thanks for the quality plans!