Lepralego

MOC: Brick Walk

Welcome to Brick Walk, an ancient promenade with a Georgian-style building fully furnished. A big tree adds the nature feeling characteristic of this pedestrian walk.

Inside the house you can enjoy a cup of tea with friends or have an elegant dinner in a stylish living room with high ceilings and an old chimney. In the upper floor, a double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom complete the old mansion.

The Brick Walk scene is inspired by Leicester’s New Walk site in the UK, a Georgian pedestrian promenade that is more than 200 years old. It is also a tribute to all the ancient walks that are still part of many English cities. These are places where you can enjoy the pleasure of walking and sharing moments with family and friends, often surrounded with trees and beautiful terraced houses.

The building by the pedestrian walk does not refer to any actual building, but includes details and references to many different Georgian buildings common in many English cities.

You can support this project on Lego Ideas site:

https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/518a2fc8-fa2f-4319-b235-87dca82970b2

Thank you in advance!

49783413653_08f82b7474_b.jpg

49784276702_dde8902bc3_c.jpg

49784276707_b76dc1390d_c.jpg

49784276587_2f43ac480e_c.jpg

49784276767_919f518f53_c.jpg

49784276772_faf3b49473_c.jpg

49784276792_a9c8b014e4_c.jpg

49783954611_590cda56b4_c.jpg

49783414113_2406cbbd24_c.jpg

49783954721_23df00e81c_c.jpg

49783954751_7c86fdb3bd_c.jpg

49783413778_9fd6a86f38_c.jpg

49783413733_f5a33f39f1_b.jpg

-----

If you like this MOC, I really appreciate your support at Lego Ideas site:

https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/518a2fc8-fa2f-4319-b235-87dca82970b2

Thank you.

Edited by Lepralego

One word, amazing :classic:
the Building itself looks great, as well as the interior and the street.
Great photographing / photoshopping too. Like the first photo, great combo of your creation and background.

That’s fab, and as someone who grew up in the Leicester area, I can see the inspiration here.  Supported on ideas.  Keep up the great work. 

27 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

That’s fab, and as someone who grew up in the Leicester area, I can see the inspiration here.  Supported on ideas.  Keep up the great work. 

Oh! Thank you so much @jus1973. Although I live in Spain, I travel a lot to Leicester as my sister lives there, so I have also a personal connection with New Walk... Thank you for your support and your words.

Very nice building and will support, but kind of surprised it isn't a modular. 

That's a stunning MOC, @Lepralego! :thumbup:

Of course I supported it - and I even would immediately buy it if it was released.

I esp. like the exterior with the small wall and the botanic and the interior of the upper living room.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Exterior doesn't really excite me. 

But that interior is absolutely great. You packed so much detail into such a small space, puts the official Modular insides to shame.

19 hours ago, Sunseeker21 said:

Very nice - supported

Thank you so much!

18 hours ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Beautiful creation!

Thank you! @DodgeDude5498

16 hours ago, CSW652 said:

Very nice building and will support, but kind of surprised it isn't a modular. 

I've started with the idea of a modular but after taking many other decisions I've decided not to build it as a modular. Anyway I think it could be putted side by side with some of the official modulars. I know that the street suddenly becomes wider with Brick Walk, but perhaps it could match anyway... I'll try to make some digital images of that.

Thank you for your support!

15 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

That's beautiful! So many great details and techniques.

Thank you! I've started it after Boulevard des Lumières (my previous big MOC) in mid-february and finished it three days ago. More than the 50% of the time just thinking in the details...

11 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

That's a stunning MOC, @Lepralego! :thumbup:

Of course I supported it - and I even would immediately buy it if it was released.

I esp. like the exterior with the small wall and the botanic and the interior of the upper living room.

Thank you so much for your words and support. As I previously said, this project has a personal connection. I love go walking through New Walk every time I go to Leicester, I feel that city as mine in some point, so perhaps the scene of this project is a snapshot that I always have in my mind...

6 hours ago, Merlict said:

Exterior doesn't really excite me. 

But that interior is absolutely great. You packed so much detail into such a small space, puts the official Modular insides to shame.

Thank you @Merlict for your comment. I think that I try to put the same effort in the interior than in the exterior of the building. Many times one side compromises the other side. I often see very nice facade buildings projects that finally disappoint me when I see their interior. I've made many changes to the exterior since I started it, and knowing when to stop with that changes it's very hard point. As with any kind of creation in some point you have to consider it finished, because you reach the goal you were looking for... Right or wrong, I think I arrive to that point. Again, I really appreciate your comments. When you share something you are also making a survey of opinions, so all the points of view are important. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Really nice work. Great to have a bit more walking area. And then the detailing is fantastic!

Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, Lepralego said:

Thank you si much @carebear! I love your work, I remember your Museum, I follow your creations since that time...

Hi

thanks!

Greetings!

Very nice!! The interiors are great (not such a fan of the modulars so it's nice to see a classic open backed design!) and I love the signage and street furniture!!

Excellent stuff and good luck on Ideas!

Great build! I like the fact that you build a different kind of pavement and not the standard one from the all the modulars, even though this might be a challenge to include this in a layout. The building looks solid from the outside, but the interior details really stand out with great ideas. Using the train wagon end part as a frame for a bed is ingenious.

14 hours ago, greg3 said:

Very nice!! The interiors are great (not such a fan of the modulars so it's nice to see a classic open backed design!) and I love the signage and street furniture!!

Excellent stuff and good luck on Ideas!

Thank you! Well, I like the official modular buildings, specially their facades, but I don't like so much the way to access to the interiors, always from top. I find this fact a bit unnatural, as it is not our common point of view...

1 hour ago, peedeejay said:

Great build! I like the fact that you build a different kind of pavement and not the standard one from the all the modulars, even though this might be a challenge to include this in a layout. The building looks solid from the outside, but the interior details really stand out with great ideas. Using the train wagon end part as a frame for a bed is ingenious.

Thank you @peedeejay, I'm glad you like it. I love many of you modular creations too... About the layout, I'm with you, perhaps it wouldn't be easy to include it with other modulars but not impossible... I will try to make a digital view of that.

I don't think I've ever bought modular for full price, always waited for sale. But damn I'd buy that if it were a set.

My goodness — I love the comfy Georgian feel. And the black-and-gold bollards! So familiar! I can imagine a whole terrace of these. Nice job with the angled foliage on the tree. Great build and thanks for sharing.

@Lepralego

Brick Walk is SUPERB!!! 
I live in London and you’ve accurately represented many houses here. I’d love to build a street of these in my city. Would you consider doing instructions for them if you haven’t done so already? I’d try and work a staircase into them and out backs on them but honestly, this is a wonderful set! Well done!