Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Three

23 minutes ago, Justin Reynaud said:

I'll give it a go, though it's not going to be exhaustive by any means.

First, Robin. His possible lies revolve around his Knight claim:

He claims he took no action on N1. And here is where he claimed he "wanted" to protect you, Vincent. But as far as I could find, he never said it was unsuccessful. 

Daniel reminded me of his "soft detective claim" after N1. But he just admitted to taking no action on N1. Which was it? And for N2, he waited till after Daniel told us he blocked Robin on N2 to explain he wanted to protect you. If Daniel is telling the truth then it seems Robin must be lying.

I didn’t take any action on N1. Daniel blows everything out of proportion. My N1 comment was true, I didn’t learn anything. I wasn’t trying to make a soft claim, but I can see how it could be seen as such. 
On N2 I declared I was blocked before Daniel claimed he blocked me. Was my action unsuccessful, yes, but Vincent lived. So you can twist that any way you like. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if you were scum. 

3 minutes ago, Robin Tremblay said:

I didn’t take any action on N1. Daniel blows everything out of proportion.

:laugh_hard: How are you putting all your shit on me? Are you that lazy? Where did I say anything about your N1 actions?

4 minutes ago, Robin Tremblay said:

On N2 I declared I was blocked before Daniel claimed he blocked me.

Wrong. There is the PM to Fred where I said already I'm going to jail you. Are you not the one blowing things out of proportion? 

Just now, Daniel Lucas said:

:laugh_hard: How are you putting all your shit on me? Are you that lazy? Where did I say anything about your N1 actions?

Wrong. There is the PM to Fred where I said already I'm going to jail you. Are you not the one blowing things out of proportion? 

Jeez man, I am not fighting or trying to put “shit” on you.
Your PM are private and I believe you disclosed your PM after I had disclosed I was blocked on N2. 

How am I defending Justin by unvoting Alex? What are you saying, we are lynching a Town? I just gave you the choice after you seemed to be so convenient not to switch becaue, "oh, Alex already got enough".

You want to take the heat off Justin and put it on Alex. That's going a long way to making me feel less confident in that course of action.

You complained we don't pay enough attention for your observation on Alex. But you just watched all the bandwagon. Now there it is, you can choose.

I wanted the matter to be discussed for reasons I have previously stated relating to Vincent and the result of targeting him, combined with the vanilla/rolemadness discussion that had gone on. I'm still not happy with Alex's claim and as I've made clear, I will cast that vote if it gets closer to time. Then you can bitch about it tomorrow if it's wrong. Or right. You know you will.

"You were doing so well!" HAH! That's not how I remember you talking about me before.

I'm sorry, you took that as a review of your overall performance, I only meant recently and in relation to specific claims about yourself. The one you made there was absolutely misleading though, so your improvement was quickly lost.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

If I'm lying about the block, Robin lies too. It means I could have lied about Alex. Who also could have lied about being a Vanilla. You said you just saw me take the action on him. Now you say I was giving him Night Action protection? :D But how could I lie about jailing Alex this way, before knowing what his answer will be? Did I protect him as well? Why would he not confirm my block in this case as I said and claim some totally easy passive Town role this way?

If I lie, Robin, Me and Alex are all scum, what are you not following? But you just said I'm defending Justin. The 5th scum? I was doing well, thank you very much. You did not however.

If you lied about the block, it could have been coordinated with Robin to cover some other action on his part. If you're scum, someone else on your team could have discovered that Alex was vanilla and known it would be safe to use that information. Heck, if Alex isn't vanilla, you can't be certain he would have contradicted you, trying not to expose his role, so you still might have at least temporarily gotten away with it.

I'm not even saying you're scum, but you aren't the slightest bit confirmed as town. People just need to remember that.

I'm also not saying that defending Justin makes you scum, it might just mean you've been misled behind the scenes. It could even be that you're both town and you're still wrong for defending him, basing it on incorrect but luckily correct information. Maybe you're scum and he's town and you're desperate to have an alliance with someone you can use. So many possibilities.

Just now, Robin Tremblay said:

Jeez man, I am not fighting or trying to put “shit” on you.
Your PM are private and I believe you disclosed your PM after I had disclosed I was blocked on N2. 

Yes, but if I'm just not the luckiest liar in the world it should suggest I am actually speaking the truth. Altough Justin was wrong saying that I was first indeed. Justin has missed that again I think. He did that many times.

What else to say about Emmett's accusation that I'm defending him? 

Just now, Emmett Ware said:

You want to take the heat off Justin and put it on Alex. That's going a long way to making me feel less confident in that course of action.

What heat?! I just backed out from a lynch on ALEX. How am I protecting JUSTIN with this? :pir-laugh: 

If you lied about the block, it could have been coordinated with Robin to cover some other action on his part. If you're scum, someone else on your team could have discovered that Alex was vanilla and known it would be safe to use that information. Heck, if Alex isn't vanilla, you can't be certain he would have contradicted you, trying not to expose his role, so you still might have at least temporarily gotten away with it..

Someone else on my team, who? So what are you saying? I've said it now the third time, that me lying about the block makes Robin a liar too. Alex can be vanilla now? Or you still doubt it? Your point is that I was lucky by saying I jailed him? Really? That would mean Joshua voted on my wagon instead of helping me, to save his ass. Only to force me into a false roleclaim it is totally risky to be inconsistent of?

I'm also not saying that defending Justin makes you scum, it might just mean you've been misled behind the scenes. 

You ARE saying it over and over again. While I just changed my mind on a lynch on a totally other person. Why would I need that single vote off Justin? Maybe I am mislead, but what you say makes zero sense. What, are you angry Alex not getting lynched or what? There you are, vote. Justin will be perfectly fine either way. This is totally not about him. It is about you.

Also, why are you even talking about me? What is your statement? You just said you won't switch votes because it has enough already. Now it don't. Now you say Alex might be vanilla. Or I am defending Justin, who was NOT getting lynched. Why don't you just vote on Alex already?

53 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

I've said Daniel was disrupting the town from the start, intentionally or not. I've said it so many times, I'm even sick of hearing it now. Sick of living it, too.

*Fwom fwoooooooooom fwooooom*

I'm reminded of the tale from the anals of our history: The Legend of The Ghost Pirate Captain Scubacarrot

*thunder crash*

*tuba fwoooooooooms*

Who's playing my tuba? It wasn't me. The ghost pirate Captain Scubacarrot was disruptive, pushy and stubborn and insulted anyone who disagreed with him and barreled forward as the piratiest of pirates...but in the end...it turned out...he...wa...s...

SCUM!
*Fwom fwoooooooooooooom fwooooooooooooooom*

16 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

I'm reminded of the tale from the anals of our history: The Legend of The Ghost Pirate Captain Scubacarrot

You can't spell anals without, well, a couple of a's. And stuff.

16 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

the piratiest of pirates

It's kind of hilarious you brought this up as in the lost version of my earlier reply, I referred to someone as towniest of town. I am a little sad I didn't remember to say it again. 

It's like you read my mind ... 

44 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

What heat?! I just backed out from a lynch on ALEX. How am I protecting JUSTIN with this? :pir-laugh: 

But that's the point. You entered into that vote without even explaining why and it pulled several people off Justin.  Three before the end of that page alone. You really don't see how that looks? Then you pull out of the vote for Alex, showing it was never serious to begin with, claiming a ridiculous reason.

47 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

What, are you angry Alex not getting lynched or what? There you are, vote. Justin will be perfectly fine either way. This is totally not about him. It is about you.

This is about you and your inconsistent voting that only seems to benefit Justin. What does "Justin will be perfectly fine either way" even mean? This is absolutely about him and your relation to him and it stinks.

50 minutes ago, Daniel Lucas said:

You just said you won't switch votes because it has enough already. Now it don't. Now you say Alex might be vanilla. Or I am defending Justin, who was NOT getting lynched. Why don't you just vote on Alex already?

I haven't switched because it feels like you're too eager for it, even though you could have simply kept your own vote in place if you had placed it responsibly.

Alex might be vanilla, who knows? By the logic you apply to yourself, it would be incredibly risky for him to make such a claim falsely.

As for Justin, before your vote for Alex, which immediately pulled away 3 votes for Justin, he absolutely was on the road to being lynched, yet you say "who was NOT getting lynched," which is an outright lie. And then you push again, desperate for me to cast the deciding vote, as if you know it's wrong, and how would you know that if you weren't scum?

I'll check for your wall of babble and town disrupting response later. At least that has been consistent. To think I briefly thought I saw a glimmer of hope that you were improving earlier.

*Fwom fwom fwomma— :pir-hmpf:

13 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

This is about you and your inconsistent voting that only seems to benefit Justin.

1 hour ago, Daniel Lucas said:

What else to say about Emmett's accusation that I'm defending him? 

Um, hi. I've been making this point for three days now. Perhaps it got lost in the walls of Daniel:

On 4/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, Daniel Lucas said:

Andrew's and Justin's intentions are quite straightforward to me,

On 4/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, Daniel Lucas said:

You are saying Justin is scum picking an inactive to be safe placed. How is the first one was the scum for scum but the next one was not? Maybe because at this moment you'd fit into the scum for scum vote right away?

On 4/7/2020 at 1:07 PM, Daniel Lucas said:

You just switched to Justin, which is suggesting quite a bit that you don't think both of them to be scum. Why? Because If you'd really think both of them to be scum and Andrew is the more dangerous, you would not even have switched for the first time, saying Justin is scummier.

You see this is the only reason why I am not onto Andrew and Justin. Not because I know anything sure about them. It is because I totally see that you have information about them not making you believe either of them as scum and only a scum would be able to do so on Day 1.

There's three examples right there of Daniel defending Justin, blatantly, on day one. There are more, but these were the ones that stuck out. It's a lot to comb through, obviously. Ctrl+F Justin and he comes up 30-40 times a page.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, Daniel Lucas said:

Honestly, you Justin, Andrew and Joshua's contribution were totally right on since the beginning.

• You are right about Aiden throwing empty and unspecific f-bombs all over the place. Also the Godfather note is a more useful in itself than all of their ~50 posts together.
  • Andrew had a totally correct insight on Day 1 lynching and first votes, which was the whole idea he was picked upon by my 3 suspect.
  • And Joshua is also right pointing out the danger of Vincent's and my debate.

This one's fun! He's defending Justin, Andrew and Joshua!

*Fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwoooooom fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom* :sing: as an old memoria...

29 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

But that's the point. You entered into that vote without even explaining why and it pulled several people off Justin.  Three before the end of that page alone. You really don't see how that looks? Then you pull out of the vote for Alex, showing it was never serious to begin with, claiming a ridiculous reason.

I pulled the votes from Justin? What? :head_back: Vincent, did I pulled your vote off Justin? :( I thought you knew what were you doing.

Also I am not saying my vote on Alex was not serious. I just looked at this answer and it made sense. Also it pinged me how convenient you was on Justin, while you agreed with Vincent about Alex, complained no one pays attention to him, only the silly-sausage Daniel but he only cares about himself even by doing this. Now he dares to unvote after just made everybody INCLUDING Vincent to pull their vote off Justin :( I guess we could have already lynched him too if I'm not unvoting him.... my bad.

9 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

I jailed Alex, he does not confirm, he claims Vanilla. I jail Robin next, he confirms. If I lie, Robin lies too.

Not necessarily. If you were the scum Jailkeeper (Not that I think you are) you could still target Robin and he would confirm it either way. 

Just now, Trenton Monette said:

Not necessarily. If you were the scum Jailkeeper (Not that I think you are) you could still target Robin and he would confirm it either way. 

Yes, this is why I've said this:

9 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

What comes of this?

That I am the only really confirmed PR who can block.

There is no confirmation of my alignment. Yes I've used some rethoric, but we are all claimed Town here for sure :pir-laugh:

The thing is that yes, I'm the only one who is actually confirmed of being capable of blocking somebody. My reason for voting for Fred is that they've managed to block each other with Andrew. If they are both scum, it could be an alibi to actually target someone else. And Vincent's report of his night action suggests there is a 4th blocker. Might be, but I'm reluctant to believe Town has 2 blocker and even a Jailer, while even the Scum got a blocker. But what do I know, this is just speculation. Sadly no way to know for sure. I also don't understand why Fred thinks now he is going to end up that, after my PM. There was nothing in the PM which was not already made public.

I've just included it so other's can see the nature and context of it. Why would he think he is the next target. Probably yes. In my perspective I am the next target, because I am more valuable.

I don't trust Fred at the moment since I don't think he should have trusted me too with revealing his targets in his first PM. Maybe he did, maybe he just wanted to monitor me with showing trust. Again this is all speculation for now. If they are going to block other players with Andrew next day, they should be confirmed of their role finally. At least one of them I hope.

This is how claiming can actually help Town. I don't fully agree with this talk from Vincent, Aiden and Peter and even Fabien at this moment about staying hidden, not giving scum iNfOrMaTiOn. Well yeah, as Jean used to say "No shit". Only we don't get any more reason to trust you either, also no tool to actually monitor your consistency. What is true that not all of you are scum. There is some mystery for them as well, that is true. Hard to decide which one is the optimal trade-off.

Also, you are very much being silent as well Trenton. Do you have anything more to add? A vote maybe?

7 hours ago, Robin Tremblay said:

I didn’t take any action on N1. Daniel blows everything out of proportion. 

6 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

7 hours ago, Robin Tremblay said:

On N2 I declared I was blocked before Daniel claimed he blocked me.

7 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

I'm sorry wtf is this? You say you didn't do anything N1, so how would you know that you were blocked?

Anyway Godfather fits so well with Alex, and Daniel is to busy trying to deflect from how he deffended Dee, Dum and the confirmed scum, so I'll vote for Alex.

Vote: Alex Howe

I'll be here if you all wanna Tokyo drift around to someone else.

18 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

Anyway Godfather fits so well with Alex, and Daniel is to busy trying to deflect from how he deffended Dee, Dum and the confirmed scum, so I'll vote for Alex.

Ahhh, I wanted to see if Emmett goes for it or not :( Nice job ruining the fun you nasty vulcan.

Anyway, about your post above, I think Robin only meant his early declaration today of being blocked on the previous night. But here is the quote I chose to jail him for:

On 4/11/2020 at 2:57 AM, Robin Tremblay said:

I didn’t hear or learn anything last night. 

3 hours ago, Daniel Lucas said:

In my perspective I am the next target, because I am more valuable.

I have to retract my earlier statement. THIS is the funniest thing you've said all game.

What an ego. I bet he thinks he's bigger than John Lennon. :pir-tongue:

19 minutes ago, Aiden Leon said:

I like your summary and it allows me to keep my vote on Justin, who Daniel did a good job saving while being a little too obvious about it, despite there being no possible openly visible way he could specifically trust him.

I've waited all night hoping there would be a chance that vote would get back on track, but it wasn't likely given the time of day, so I hope you're right and he's the Godfather. Sadly, I don't see how this will even answer the rolemadness question, since we'll only be given his alignment and not any role he may have specifically held (I assume).

Whatever the case, I'm going to bed, it's ... well, it isn't late now, it's early tomorrow. :pir-sceptic:

Ahhh, I wanted to see if Emmett goes for it or not :( Nice job ruining the fun you nasty vulcan.

This is just "fun" to you, huh? Says a lot. The fact that you were so desperate for it makes me sincerely doubt he'll end up scum, but that is a matter for the future.

2 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

I've waited all night hoping there would be a chance that vote would get back on track, but it wasn't likely given the time of day, so I hope you're right and he's the Godfather. Sadly, I don't see how this will even answer the rolemadness question, since we'll only be given his alignment and not any role he may have specifically held (I assume).

It will help with the rolemadness question, but not fully answer it. Here's the possibilities with Alex getting lynched:

1. He flips scum, in which case we're down a scummo and can ignore his vanilla claim (might be godfather, might not, but who cares)

2. He flips town, still claiming vanilla, in which case we have to re-evaluate a bunch of stuff. Could be that bob made a rolemaddness with one vanilla, almost like having a miller around in a normal game (by that I just mean someone who's role will have to be questioned and tested because it's deceiving)

3. He flips town, but changes his claim before the end of the day. This is worst case - it'd mean he had a strong role that he was trying to hide with a vanilla claim, not realizing how that would bring attention to him rather than deflecting it like he intended. 

The only better way to test his claim would be with a rolecop, which we haven't had anyone claim such an ability yet. Which in and of itself is sorta surprising, in a rolemadness game... but we do still have people not claiming what their roles are. I assume there's multiple investigative roles among them since we so far have heavy defensive claims but little investigative roles. However, a rolecop on Alex wouldn't distinguish whether he's town vanilla as claimed or scum godfather/goon, so we'd still be stuck with lynching him to answer that part. Ugh..

20 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

I have to retract my earlier statement. THIS is the funniest thing you've said all game.

What an ego. I bet he thinks he's bigger than John Lennon. :pir-tongue:

Nah, I'm no Jesus.

21 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

This is just "fun" to you, huh? Says a lot.

Well, yes it is. I mean no. I'm not sure! :pir_laugh2: 

22 minutes ago, Emmett Ware said:

I like your summary and it allows me to keep my vote on Justin, who Daniel did a good job saving while being a little too obvious about it

:pir-laugh::pir-laugh: Keep your vote then dear Emmett, sure. While I fooled the others not to go for Justin, I certainly did not fool you.

Anyway if I'm the one to meet the fishes tonight, I'm sorry if I've caused truly so much confusion. I just tried to be active and push some scummy people.

Vote Count:
Justin Reynaud - 2 (Fabien Bellamy, Emmett Ware)
Alex Howe - 7 (Robin Tremblay, Fred Dumont, Andrew Laurent, Justin Reynaud, Vincent Denis, Peter Lyon, Aiden Leon)
Fred Dumont - 2 (Alex Howe, Daniel Lucas)

With 12 players, a majority of 7 is required. As a result, Alex Howe has been lynched.

Get your night actions in please!

Gqd8LzB.jpg

Alex Howe faced down the firing line.

jxQwIuP.jpg

"Private Howe, I am afraid that you are to be executed."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"...Yes."

BANG

qUS4j0j.jpg

"Yup, he's dead." Peter said, stabbing him to make sure.

Get those night actions in!