Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Three

GE14K8S.jpg

Players Only Please in your anonymous accounts! Make sure you change your password!

Day Three: Insert Knife Pun Here

EpFxBYK.jpg

It was early in the morning, and Jean Pelley was out on his morning walk.

"Is making it early in the morning your excuse for not doing day for night again?" he asked.

Hey, I tried to make the location dark naturally... :cry_sad:

WV4JFJq.jpg

"Maybe next time I'd suggest shooting the scenes near the night time instead of the morning."

He was so caught up talking trash about the photography that he didn't hear someone approaching him from behind.

"Say what?"

Gdb7lgs.jpg

STAB

"Oh bother."

KxPJF2k.jpg

Jean fell and started to bleed out.

viHK3ad.jpg

"Good morning Fort Eldorado!" Fabien shouted, before blowing on his trumpet to wake everyone up.

terb7YH.jpg

The Garrison awoke to have breakfast and socialize before getting down to the day's business.

Cuq1u6e.jpg

"It seems that yesterday, we were very lucky! Joshua was a pesky Imperial Guard!"

"Yay!" almost everyone shouted.

"Nooo!" someone else said.

Everyone looked to see who had said that, but couldn't tell.

"Unfortunately, Lieutenant Pelley was killed last night. He was a Loyal Soldier."

NlMPrfU.jpg

"Governor Broadside!" Alex shouted. "I can see the Imperial Flagship at a far distance! They're watching us..."

"Damn Guards..." Broadside replied.

---

Day Three has now begun! There are 96 hours left in this day. With 12 players, a majority of 7 is required to send someone to the firing line.

Players (12):
GuyRnny.jpg
Governor Broadside - NPC
5jmZSYC.jpg
Fred Dumont - Lieutenant
6gwcCbE.jpg
Peter Lyon - Lieutenant of the Fort
Iu2hDWN.jpg
Daniel Lucas - Seaman
K6YJ1K2.jpg
Trenton Monette - Sergeant
EbeuZP5.jpg
Justin Reynaud - Soldier
6vrQMD7.jpg
Emmett Ware - Soldier
dmaHAdw.jpg
Andrew Laurent - Soldier
YQUXzCd.jpg
Aiden Leon - Soldier
eC1vqL5.jpg
Alex Howe - Soldier
zwWiPUx.jpg
Fabien Bellamy - Trumpeter
3OazMdx.jpg
Vincent Denis - Tubist
jI6NjAe.jpg
Robin Tremblay - Conductor

The Dead:
AbBMdQJ.jpg
Remi Blaise - Blown to pieces on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
hCpWzHz.jpg
Michael Lavoie - Mod-killed on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
eym0u3t.jpg
Joshua Levitt - Executed on Day Two (Imperial Guard)
8omDvnY.jpg
Jean Pelley - Stabbed in the back on Night Two (Loyal Soldier)

Rules (VERY IMPORTANT):
1) Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is anonymous, you are not to disclose your character anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are. 
2) In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private.
3) You are either a Loyal Soldier or an Imperial Guard. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.
4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
5) A game day will last 96 hours. You may vote as soon as the day starts. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. If the day length needs to be shortened at any time, I will make that decision.
      5a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads. You can only PM during the night phase, please, including scum.
6) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
7) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
8) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. When you die, you are not to reveal your identity or participation if you decided to sign up anonymously.
9) Don't edit your posts, please!
10) Please try to post every day!

11) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures
12) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Please ensure you are posting in the anonymous accounts that I have sent to you! Do not post in your Eurobricks account! 

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom*

We got one! Time to comb over yesterday's thread and see all the people who resisted voting for Joshua. I seem to remember a suspicious hammer.

Poor, poor Jean. He will be greatly missed. We'll avenge you, Lieutenant!

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

What a shock, Vincent with the first post. For a brief moment, you had 100% of the day's post count. That's not that much higher than days 1 and 2 :pir-huzzah2: (and yes, I'm teasing. I'm not mad)

So our lynch was right, always good news to see. Catching a traitor already on day 2 is pretty good.

And Jean... I feel like a hardly knew ya. But now I shall see if you had anything of note to say. My guess is the scummos picked you off just as someone quiet enough to be unlikely to have been watched/protected/etc, but we won't know till we get to read the scumboard after this adventure is over. 

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

On 4/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, Jean Pelley said:

This smacks of fake concern. I don't like it, Fabien.

Jean was pretty smart and I think he had a decent ability to read people so it's worth noting that he didn't like Fabien's contributions. I don't think he was fond of Robin's either.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, Justin Reynaud said:

Wow, can I just say thank you to everyone for changing the atmosphere of this game literally overnight! I do believe this will make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

We are nearing the end of the day and I don't want to go 2 days without a lynch. Joshua has pinged me a little, but not enough that I think it's the right thing to lynch him today. But as I've said from the beginning, lynches early on are extremely helpful when it comes to analyzing behavior towards the end of the game.

Unvote: Vincent Denis

Vote: Joshua Levitt

This was the hammer. Reading it again, it seems less scummy than I remembered. Maybe just because it came from Justin and I think everything Justin says is scummy. The justification is what pings me. Did you not realize you were hammering? On the other hand, in favor of Justin, I don't see a scum hammering one of these words and being explicit about not thinking it's the right lynch. 

On 4/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, Jean Pelley said:

For every Tweedledum and Tweedledee there is a Cheshire Cat who disappears from the fray, grinning all the while. And, по-моему, the biggest grin around here is Joshua's. I picked up on him yesterday:

So I want to re-emphasize the reasons Andrew manufactured not to vote for Joshua:

Later on he comes and tells us he's confident Vincent & Daniel are town:

Interestingly, Tweedledee returns to opine that he agrees with Andrew.

Anyway. Makes me think Andrew is doing his very best to bring just a little (but not to much) attention to Joshua.

Aside from this Vincent-Daniel bullshit, I am extremely perturbed by the Andrew-Joshua dynamic (or, rather, the deliberate lack of dynamic). Vote: Joshua Levitt

As a reminder, this was Jean's original suspicion about Joshua. Tweedledee and Tweedledum are Andrew and Justin. Jean's suspicion revolved around Andrew poke-voting Michael but leaving the heat off of Joshua, who was also not posting at that point. 

On 4/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, Daniel Lucas said:

Honestly, you Justin, Andrew and Joshua's contribution were totally right on since the beginning.

• You are right about Aiden throwing empty and unspecific f-bombs all over the place. Also the Godfather note is a more useful in itself than all of their ~50 posts together.
  • Andrew had a totally correct insight on Day 1 lynching and first votes, which was the whole idea he was picked upon by my 3 suspect.
  • And Joshua is also right pointing out the danger of Vincent's and my debate.

Also, as a reminder, Daniel thought Joshua's contributions were "right on." I find it interesting, obviously, that one of the people Daniel has been defending has flipped Scum. I can maybe chalk that up to what he's expressed, that the style here threw him off and he thought the scum were the ones goofing around and it blinded him to what was actually happening. He has claimed town jailkeeper, so if he is Town, it looks like he's been reading things backwards. Or he's in on the game. 

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom* 

Just now, Andrew Laurent said:

What a shock, Vincent with the first post. For a brief moment, you had 100% of the day's post count. That's not that much higher than days 1 and 2 :pir-huzzah2: (and yes, I'm teasing. I'm not mad)

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

I'm trying to keep my posts 30-40 less than Daniel to really not fall into a shame spiral. To be fair to you, I had PMed Jean last night about suspicions and he said he was less suspicious of you because you voted for Joshua early. That makes me more suspicious of you because then you disappeared all day and I found your vote a little petulant. But, I do trust Jean's reads, so perhaps I'm in a rose garden with my suspicions of you. I'll at least consider that a little bit. :pir-huzzah2:

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Dang you're quick - ninja'd me while I was rereading day 1.

In summary, day 1 started with Jean making giraffe jokes. I poked at him, calling him a traitor (without voting for him) for speaking french. So far all just day 1 roleplay. Then Jean voted first for Justin and later for me, saying we seemed to be saying the same things.

For the record, I have no PM conversations with Jean at any time in this game.

I understand that being gone for a good hunk of day 2 looks bad, but that's life at the moment. Yes, my vote for Joshua initially was petulant (good word, btw). I was more defending myself than really voting for him. But I never saw any better lynch candidate, nor did I see any reason to NOT vote for Joshua, so I left it all day. When I finally got back to the game after day 2 ended, I saw that everyone had wagoned on and he was lynched. Good riddance. 

Day 2 TL;DR: 

Jean poked at me for not having voted for Joshua on day 1, so I responded by voting for Joshua. There's some poking at each other between Jean, Vincent, Aiden, and Daniel. Then Jean calls me scummy for how I voted for Joshua and it didn't feel like a real vote. As I already admitted above, it wasn't so much a vote on Joshua as it was trying to defend myself to Jean, so I guess I failed at that. But I did succeed in starting the wagon on Joshua, so ends justify the means or something like that? My vote reasoning may not have been the best, but it turned out great. And at the time, I said as such to Jean that it wasn't the most reasoned-out vote, but it was the start of day 2, so what do you expect? 

Jean then pushed repeatedly to get more people to vote on Joshua. He obviously thought Josh should go and fought consistently for that position. This was followed by more arguing with Daniel, Vincent, Aiden, while still pushing for the Joshua lynch. 

Day 2 TL;DR: 

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

Great job getting that wagon rolling. Even better job taking credit for it. Do you have...you know...your own thoughts about anything going on? Looks like you've put in a good amount of time this morning, looking active.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Laurent said:

He obviously thought Josh should go and fought consistently for that position. 

Was that obvious? He seemed to just think a lynch was important. Why does it look to you that he thought Joshua should go?

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomfwom fwoooooooooooom*

Huzzah we got one!

35 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

Also, as a reminder, Daniel thought Joshua's contributions were "right on." I find it interesting, obviously, that one of the people Daniel has been defending has flipped Scum. I can maybe chalk that up to what he's expressed, that the style here threw him off and he thought the scum were the ones goofing around and it blinded him to what was actually happening. He has claimed town jailkeeper, so if he is Town, it looks like he's been reading things backwards. Or he's in on the game. 

In the hopes of being transparent, I reached out to Mr. Lucas last night regarding his claim. He of course could have been lying in the PMs, but what he stated lined up with my own results for Night 1 and now Night 2.

At the risk of Mr. Lucas being in on the game, I am the town blocker. In case anything happens to me in the night tonight, I am laying this out there. The first night I targeted Mr. Lyon and was unsuccessful. With Mr. Lucas' claim, either he would have jailkept me or I was blocked by the scum. Last night, I blocked Mr. Laurent. Since a kill went through, I believe we can clear Mr. Laurent of being a killer. Due to me still being alive, I also am believing that Mr. Lucas is not scum, because if he is, I suspect I would be dead. I messaged him right after the day ended.

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom*

Just now, Fred Dumont said:

At the risk of Mr. Lucas being in on the game, I am the town blocker. In case anything happens to me in the night tonight, I am laying this out there. The first night I targeted Mr. Lyon and was unsuccessful. With Mr. Lucas' claim, either he would have jailkept me or I was blocked by the scum. Last night, I blocked Mr. Laurent. Since a kill went through, I believe we can clear Mr. Laurent of being a killer. Due to me still being alive, I also am believing that Mr. Lucas is not scum, because if he is, I suspect I would be dead. I messaged him right after the day ended.

Show us the PMs! I want screen caps! Scumz!!!!! :pir-sing: :pir-sing: :pir-sing: :pir-sing: :pir-sing:

Just kidding. :pir_tong2:

Did you let anyone else know you had messaged him in case you did end up dead? Also, it doesn't seem likely Daniel is scum, but consider that he may have assumed you were messaging someone else, and therefore, killing you was too risky? Or keeping you around might start a town block to infiltrate? These are all possibilities I believe we should consider; I'm not saying we act on them, but keep them in our minds. Did you reveal your target to him?

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

Just now, Vincent Denis said:

Show us the PMs! I want screen caps! Scumz!!!!! :pir-sing: :pir-sing: :pir-sing: :pir-sing: :pir-sing:

Just kidding. :pir_tong2:

Did you let anyone else know you had messaged him in case you did end up dead? Also, it doesn't seem likely Daniel is scum, but consider that he may have assumed you were messaging someone else, and therefore, killing you was too risky? Or keeping you around might start a town block to infiltrate? These are all possibilities I believe we should consider; I'm not saying we act on them, but keep them in our minds. Did you reveal your target to him?

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

We actually coordinated to make sure neither of us went for the same person or each other. I did not message anyone else, although I probably should have. His jailkeeper claim seemed town-leaning rather than scum pretending to be town.

We actually coordinated to make sure neither of us went for the same person or each other. I did not message anyone else, although I probably should have. His jailkeeper claim seemed town-leaning rather than scum pretending to be town.

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

Are you operating under the assumption that this is role madness and town would conceivably have a blocker and a jailkeeper?

*Fwomma fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom*

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

Are you operating under the assumption that this is role madness and town would conceivably have a blocker and a jailkeeper?

*Fwomma fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Yes, which is why I was hoping for Mr. Howe to confirm if he was successful or not in Night 1 if he used an action.

Yes, which is why I was hoping for Mr. Howe to confirm if he was successful or not in Night 1 if he used an action.

*fwom fwom fwom*

What did you think of his response?

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwooooooooom*

Yes! we got one.

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

Jean was pretty smart and I think he had a decent ability to read people so it's worth noting that he didn't like Fabien's contributions. I don't think he was fond of Robin's either.

I'm also suspicious of Fabien. But more so of Robin. I pointed out his vote (and subsequent unvote) for Michael on Day One yesterday but it got lost in all the fighting. 

*fwom fwom fwom*

What did you think of his response?

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom fwooooooooom*

I don't necessarily trust that he didn't have an action. He's also been very quiet through the game so there's not as much to go off of from him.

Just now, Trenton Monette said:

I thought Alex said he didn't have an action? 

That is suspicious if we are in role madness. 

Im glad we got a scum! It is unfortunate we lost a good Townie. 

7 minutes ago, Trenton Monette said:

I thought Alex said he didn't have an action? 

3 minutes ago, Robin Tremblay said:

That is suspicious if we are in role madness. 

Saying is different from doing, which is why I believe we are in role madness.

I think it's best that we are careful about discussing if we think it's role madness. If it's not, then anyone with a power role has left themselves out in public as targets for the scum. It's an easy tell for Alex's alignment if this is role madness, but that's a big risk at the same time.

I'll repeat what Jean said when I brought this up in private. Alex claimed he has no action. He might have a flavor or a passive action. So, Alex may be lying, Alex might have a passive action, or Alex is telling the truth and this is not role madness. 

I spoke to someone else via PM last night that had an uncanny ability to tell the future. They guessed that Jean had information and that's why he pushed for Joshua's lynch all day, even guessing that Joshua would flip scum. I have to say, right on, to this person. Well done. It pings me now that Jean is dead and Joshua flipped scum. I doubt scum would communicate their hand like that via PM, but WIFOM. This is my only ping on this person.

Andrew voiced something similar, though vaguely, "Jean obviously wanted Josh out." I'm not suggesting any course of action at this point, just putting that out there for discussion.

*Fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

Great job getting that wagon rolling. Even better job taking credit for it. Do you have...you know...your own thoughts about anything going on? Looks like you've put in a good amount of time this morning, looking active.

Was that obvious? He seemed to just think a lynch was important. Why does it look to you that he thought Joshua should go?

*Fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomfwom fwoooooooooooom*

Jean and I voted for Joshua early in the day. A lot of time (and other votes) went by before you and Aiden jumpstarted the wagon on Joshua. I'm not so much taking credit for a wagon as I am just pointing out I voted for him early and kept it there. If I was a traitor surely I could have found SOME reason to move my vote to help derail the votes before Joshua got lynched.

I pretty much laid my thoughts out as to the two dead, and if you'll give me a minute, I'll go grab the quotes of why I thought Jean wanted Joshua gone. It was pretty flippin' blatant. 

1 hour ago, Fred Dumont said:

Huzzah we got one!

In the hopes of being transparent, I reached out to Mr. Lucas last night regarding his claim. He of course could have been lying in the PMs, but what he stated lined up with my own results for Night 1 and now Night 2.

Well... this complicates things although it all lines up well. I am a town vanilaizer. Sort of - I was confused enough by the role I had to have the host clarify some things at the start. The mafiascum wiki says that vanilaizers are typically scum and permanently remove the target's ability. What I am is just a regular blocker. I prevent my target from using their ability for that one night. I don't know how bob is sorting out all the actions, but I will say night 1 I targeted Fred, which is why he was unsuccessful (he could have been jailkept or scum blocked TOO, but I only know for sure that I blocked him), and last night I was unsuccessful since he targeted me. Last night I tried to block Fabien since he's been so quiet he felt like a potential scum to me. 

And vincent, you don't want us discussing role madness? That's madness! Considering we have jailkeeper and dual blocker claims, not only do I suspect role madness, but I suspect a larger or more powerful scum team than normal. 

1 hour ago, Fred Dumont said:

Huzzah we got one!

I assume you threatened Daniel that you were going to share your conversation with us all first thing when the day breaks, and he told you to PM at least 5 people, but you didn't PM anyone, not even Aiden who we should all trust for no reason!  :pir_tong2:

Why does everyone immediately assume that if they share their role with scum, scum will kill them the same night?  I think that's likely true for certain roles, but not all of them.

18 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

I spoke to someone else via PM last night that had an uncanny ability to tell the future. They guessed that Jean had information and that's why he pushed for Joshua's lynch all day, even guessing that Joshua would flip scum. I have to say, right on, to this person. Well done. It pings me now that Jean is dead and Joshua flipped scum. I doubt scum would communicate their hand like that via PM, but WIFOM. This is my only ping on this person.

Andrew voiced something similar, though vaguely, "Jean obviously wanted Josh out." I'm not suggesting any course of action at this point, just putting that out there for discussion.

I assume that the first person is not Andrew and that Andrew's comment is a second case of "Jean must know something".

1 minute ago, Andrew Laurent said:

Well... this complicates things although it all lines up well. I am a town vanilaizer. Sort of - I was confused enough by the role I had to have the host clarify some things at the start. The mafiascum wiki says that vanilaizers are typically scum and permanently remove the target's ability. What I am is just a regular blocker. I prevent my target from using their ability for that one night. I don't know how bob is sorting out all the actions, but I will say night 1 I targeted Fred, which is why he was unsuccessful (he could have been jailkept or scum blocked TOO, but I only know for sure that I blocked him), and last night I was unsuccessful since he targeted me. Last night I tried to block Fabien since he's been so quiet he felt like a potential scum to me. 

And vincent, you don't want us discussing role madness? That's madness! Considering we have jailkeeper and dual blocker claims, not only do I suspect role madness, but I suspect a larger or more powerful scum team than normal. 

Ummm... what?  Why are you called a "vanilaizer" if your action is just a regular blocking action?

Losing Jean is incredibly unfortunate, but at least we were right about Joshua. I credit Jean with that, as I will explain below.

19 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

They guessed that Jean had information and that's why he pushed for Joshua's lynch all day, even guessing that Joshua would flip scum.

Amidst the walls of babble, he kept prodding to vote for Joshua. It initially made me a little suspicious, but it seemed unlikely that scum would take such a solid position so early. It felt like someone trying to use the results of a role without revealing they had the role. It did worry me that it could be a trick to sacrifice one of their own to get into a trusted position, but that concern was unfounded, since he is now confirmed as town.

I just tried to glance at day 2 to see if it would help reveal some patterns but quickly got lost in the walls of babble. I will try again later.

As for "role madness", this is a concept that clearly came after my time, as I was unfamiliar with it, but I know there were comments about everyone having a role and such, so at least I understand the reasoning for that now. That makes Alex's claim of not having one a lot more suspicious, which is also something I expressed to Vincent last night. I'm even more curious about that now than before.

I have a role, it isn't particularly major, but it has given me little bits of information to work with. Not having any recent mafia experience, could anyone take a moment and explain some likely passive roles in a situation like this? Could Alex have a role, perform it, but still appear not to have one if they were investigated, observed, or in some other way checked out?

On 4/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, Jean Pelley said:

While the chips are in the air I exhort everyone to vote for Joshua for being generally scummy, and because the way he flips may shine much light on Andrew & Justin.

Here's all the times that Jean called for Joshua's lynch on day 2 (after being the first to vote for him and pushing me to do the same)

On 4/11/2020 at 10:53 PM, Jean Pelley said:

!!!!

This was quoting his own post above "exhorting everyone" to vote for Joshua

On 4/12/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jean Pelley said:

:pir-wub::pir-wub: I love you Daniel. No counterclaim here. Can you reveal who you targeted last night? Would you please consider voting for Joshua?

And pushing Daniel specifically

On 4/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Jean Pelley said:

*snip other discussion*

I know there's lots of text going around, but Joshua is singularly not paying attention while pretending to contribute. This sets him apart and makes me feel even more comfortable with my vote on him.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:59 PM, Jean Pelley said:

Not today, thanks, I'd rather lynch Joshua.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:07 PM, Jean Pelley said:

Bevasue he’s scum, duh

When asked why he's voting for Joshua over other people

On 4/13/2020 at 8:00 PM, Jean Pelley said:

Daniel, you obviously want us to lynch either you or Vincent. That's not happening today just because of the numbers. Right now Joshua is on 5 while you are on 4. If you really think we are working together, why don't you help us lynch Joshua so we'll at least have one concrete answer in the new day?

On 4/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, Jean Pelley said:

We do need a lynch and fortunately the very scummy Joshua currently has the most votes. Please change your vote so we may achieve this lynch and come to tomorrow with the information rendered by his flip.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, Jean Pelley said:

Thank you Daniel for joining us, and honestly the response to the wagon has been very heartening. I think that if Joshua really were town and had nothing of consequence to share, he'd have penaltied himself out of the game before, not after, he got hammered.

But he isn't town so his best move is to try to trick us into thinking he is, all the way until he flips on the morning of day three. I'm not fooled.

So yes, Vincent, I would say that Jean pushed hard for Joshua's lynch. He was probably the biggest factor. He saw through the noise of yesterday's fighting and locked onto a target and stuck with it. Maybe that's why the scum took him out? He was too good? 

Just now, Peter Lyon said:

Ummm... what?  Why are you called a "vanilaizer" if your action is just a regular blocking action?

Darn good question Peter. That's why I had to get some clarification... my PM and the name didn't seem to line up. My guess is just that bob gave different names to people with the same role so he could keep them straight easier in his spreadsheet or mind or however he tracks these things. 

*Fwom fwom fwom fwom*

Here's all the times that Jean called for Joshua's lynch on day 2 (after being the first to vote for him and pushing me to do the same)

Just now, Emmett Ware said:

Amidst the walls of babble, he kept prodding to vote for Joshua. It initially made me a little suspicious, but it seemed unlikely that scum would take such a solid position so early. It felt like someone trying to use the results of a role without revealing they had the role. It did worry me that it could be a trick to sacrifice one of their own to get into a trusted position, but that concern was unfounded, since he is now confirmed as town.

OK, fine. With a side eye on both of you. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Since we seem to barreling ahead with claims, too late to stop it. However, I have no evidence there are vanilla townies. I have a role.

I am super curious about Alex claiming vanilla when in the last game Paul got lynched for saying he was vanilla. I would imagine all the scum would be ready with roleclaims. 

So we have three blocking actions? That would be consistent with Pirates II. We had a blocker, jailkeeper and "commuter" which was also used in opposition to how it's defined on Mafiascum. Also, it didn't protect the target from all actions the way a commuter actually would. Three blocking roles scan if Bob used the same setup.

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

On 4/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, Vincent Denis said:

Important: Just judging from the last two Pirates games I would encourage everyone to hold off on their opinion regarding Alex's vanilla claim. Just think about it for a second...

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

Also found this gem while I was going through day 2 to get all my Jean quotes. Vincent, both yesterday and today you are warning us away from reading into Alex's vanilla claim. This feels way way off - but I don't think you'd be a bad enough scum player to defend him so blatantly. Obviously you know something you haven't shared, and that's fine, but you both do understand how this looks, right? I mean, in Pirates 2 there were no vanillas, so what's your point? 

Ninja'd again! Quit that Vincent! Is that really the only reason you're warning us in BOLD not to lynch Alex over a vanilla claim? Because someone got lynched for that last game so you expect the scum to have claims planned?