Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[MOC] Besherazakiel, God of Vanity and Ambition

Besherazakiel, God of Vanity and Ambition

I don't really have any additional story beyond the title, sorry! This build was made for the "Style it up" contest, hosted by Innovalug. The contest has one challenge/category per week, and four in total. This (2nd) week's challenge was to make a 100% symmetrical build. I have built elaborate deity-like minifigs before (see below), but I have to say this is on whole new level. The wings came together quite quickly, I think I've actually spent more time aligning the parts to keep the symmetry, haha!

49777152688_6c8984c843_b.jpg

Besherazakiel, God of Vanity and Ambition - back

For comparison, some figs I made a few years ago:

Spoiler

25359726827_af11bae76f_z.jpg

37812385705_a6cc2d44c8_z.jpg

And that's it, I hope you like it! C&C appreciated! :classic:

18 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Stunning build, Exetrius. :thumbup:

Great mix of trans orange and trans light blue.

Thanks, Sander! I was happy to put those trans pieces to use, but in particular the trans pink. 

The wings are very nice.  I like the use of the hair pieces in the wings.  There are some nice color combinations here.  Nice use of the chima fire wings.  

Super cool!  I love the expansive spread of the wings.  Is that build sturdy?  I can't tell by looking at it, but it looks pretty solid.  I totally want to use this deity in my builds in Historica now!

On 4/17/2020 at 3:02 AM, zoth33 said:

The wings are very nice.  I like the use of the hair pieces in the wings.  There are some nice color combinations here.  Nice use of the chima fire wings.  

Sorry, late reply! Thanks, man! Yes, I wanted to get sort of a grasping, feathery hand look, and the hairpieces had the right angle and texture. :classic:

7 hours ago, Grover said:

Super cool!  I love the expansive spread of the wings.  Is that build sturdy?  I can't tell by looking at it, but it looks pretty solid.  I totally want to use this deity in my builds in Historica now!

Yes, definitely sturdy! Only thing is that it wobbles a bit on the trans clear poles; if there would be a minor earthquake (hypothetically, in NL :tongue:), this would probably the first thing in my house that starts moving. :laugh:
Feel free to yse it as a GoH deity, you have my full permission! :wink::thumbup: