Sign in to follow this  
Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] St Mark's Campanile

I'm back with the world renown St Mark's Campanile in Venice, the first part of my upcoming St Mark's Square layout. The model stands at 87 cm and includes the bell chamber, accessible by removing the top of the tower. Its scale is approximately the same as trophy statuettes, making it perfect to host even micro-tourists! Instructions are available. Hope you like it.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Bell chamber and roof

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

Bellissimo! Love the subtle colour scheme especially the nougat and sand green. Would recreate this myself but at 87cm high, yikes :laugh:

Can't wait to see the rest of the Piazza.

Edited by Lucarex

I never heard of it, and I look it up. 
Looks like an incredible building. So 'small' but so detailed :thumbup: and the colors fits realy great with the original.
Imo it will fit in the Architecture series very well.

Yeah, you got everything about this. It's perfect from tip to toe, and I especially love how clean the lines of the pyramid are. Iconic building and you nailed it. Great job incorporating those really old window pieces!

I look forward to seeing the rest of the layout. If this is anything to go by, it'll really be something.

Great to see another build from you! So accurate and realistic, love it. :wub: Great shaping, and details, some great SNOTting on the bottom of the building and with the old windows, love the use of the 18978 Speed Champion wheels (confirmation needed), such a NPU and such accurate representation of that part of St Mark’s Campanile! Those 1x2 arches got a amazing use as well. Keep up the great work! :classic: :thumbup:

Fun fact, this is by the way my 1000th post on Eurobricks which means I’ll also become a count just when I post this comment! :sweet: It’s definitely well worth writing this special post on your great MOC! 

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 4/17/2020 at 5:56 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Great to see another build from you! So accurate and realistic, love it. :wub: Great shaping, and details, some great SNOTting on the bottom of the building and with the old windows, love the use of the 18978 Speed Champion wheels (confirmation needed), such a NPU and such accurate representation of that part of St Mark’s Campanile! Those 1x2 arches got a amazing use as well. Keep up the great work! :classic: :thumbup:

Fun fact, this is by the way my 1000th post on Eurobricks which means I’ll also become a count just when I post this comment! :sweet: It’s definitely well worth writing this special post on your great MOC! 

Mr. @LegoModularFan is finally a count! :excited:

And @Giacinto Consiglio, a superb build like the complete piazza. Way way better than my version from 2017. The NPU of the wheels is definitely the standout from a Lego point of view but from an artistic one, the proportions and the colours definitely make it work. Amazing job!

As beautiful as the original one!!! Great proportions, and the pyramidal roof is spectacular! Those old 2x1x1 old windows are perfect! :wub: