LegoDW

Quality question on the chrome stromtrooper poly bag years ago

A recent bulk brick purchase included a chrome storm trooper in a poly bag, no number on bag. Kids opened in up and the mini figure is not up to Lego usually standards.  The arms and legs are very loose, on the torso behind the arms there are two patches of white (plastic) showing.  The helmet does not stick on as well as others.

Just seamed kinda odd.  Its so bad if I hadn't seen it come out of the bag would think it was not Lego.  Did we just get a bad figure or was this the norm for this set?  You can see the white plastic inside one of the legs also.  Maybe patchy armor good for the front lines.

Just now, LegoDW said:

A recent bulk brick purchase included a chrome storm trooper in a poly bag, no number on bag. Kids opened in up and the mini figure is not up to Lego usually standards.  The arms and legs are very loose, on the torso behind the arms there are two patches of white (plastic) showing.  The helmet does not stick on as well as others.

Just seamed kinda odd.  Its so bad if I hadn't seen it come out of the bag would think it was not Lego.  Did we just get a bad figure or was this the norm for this set?  You can see the white plastic inside one of the legs also.  Maybe patchy armor good for the front lines.

Are you sure it hadn't been opened? Based on your description I'd say either you just got a defect figure or the guy you bought it from might have resealed a used figure.

1 minute ago, LegoDW said:

sound more like you found a counterfaith set

If I remember correctly I believe their was some sort of "chrome paint" used on theses guys. As for the looseness I think some of it  could be from the Age of the figure. My figure that I got the helmet does need a occasional fix, but it is still in it original packaging. 

21 hours ago, LegoDW said:

Is the polybag itself legit? Pogo made a knockoff that has quality issues like what you describe, but I can’t find evidence if they came in a bag. 

You say the kid opened the bag, so, the bag has already been opened before you got it? 

I'm aware of the white marks on the side of the torso you mention... That happened with my TC-14 straight from TLG, so that's no surprise, nor an indication of counterfeit. 

Also, if it has been opened, and the arms are loose and the hat isn't sticking on, it's possible it's been played with lots. How does the condition of the chrome look on the rest of the figure? Worn, chipped, or like new? 

It's also possible it's been left in the sun. That'll make all the parts loose like that. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

Been a bit since I linked photos so here we go.  Bag was sealed before kids opened last week.

Here is the poly bag

K5WhbkiKydyDgR7bsmS57EeTfuKULzbw8fIuSZd-

Here is a side photo showing the white, not chrome plated part behind the arms on the torso

o5hKW7NADfBMBAFdBBnUxVmCQNvPNguktMmJC-h_

Here is a side photo showing the inside of one leg not plated.  Bad picture as hard to focus my phone.

9OqL9Qyb7afzD4Sfc6i1UFc0h7jjloGXLo44FxiD

Figure looks like new.  Kids played with it just for a few mins and then off to something else.  

Legs are very loose.  Clutch between legs and torso good, head clutch to torso good, helmet to head fairly loose.  Helmet will stay on if you tip it upside down but not falls off with the slightest touch.  

Helmet dose not say Lego in anti-stud, its a circle with a J in it. Head stud odd too.  It has three holes in the base of the stud (stud is hollow in the center), head all black.  Torso and Legs stamped Lego.

Does not appear the bag was resealed.  Basically got this figure for nothing so doubt anyone would go to the trouble of resealing.  

Anyone else have a similar experience?  

The photos aren't showing up for me,  but if they have these "j"s instead of the lego logo it's probably fake.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Solved:  Per this review on youtube all the items listed above appear to be authentic Lego.  Even the inside of one Leg not being chromed.  Wonder why TLG didn't put their name on the helmet?  Maybe it was outsourced. 

$60 US for a sealed bag, kinda wish the kids didn't open it.  Oh well, will look good in our collection.