Hello every1. I am noob here and this is my first attempt to take a part is such competition.

i am AFOL from Russia.

my main problem - I can’t finish my Mocs, so I decided to hit goals importAnt for me first of all.

1. Keep building my model to the end

2. try myself in such worldwide competition 

3. learn more about building technics

i already started my build. It’s gonna

be azure hot rod pickup. cause lack of experience it’s not gonna be a model with much details and features. 
Thx every1 and sorry for bad English.  Don’t judge me to hard.

My car

My car

My car

My car

My car

2870BBF7-EA05-4EED-BB0A-A31215D5C242

Edited by Shtykoff

First of all it is a great color to work with. As hotrod fan I'm looking forward to see your build. 

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

First of all it is a great color to work with. As hotrod fan I'm looking forward to see your build. 

Thx for motivating!

I'd say you're off to a great start. I really like the white-black front with the metallic bumper, and it works really well with the dark azure body.

The only thing I'not really a fan of, is the very low ground clearance. I'd personally put the whole thing one stud higher (or, the wheel axles one stud lower. Maybe this is just a typical hot-rod thing, but in your reference picture the ground clearance seems to be higher.

The steering angle is pretty impressive! (best I've seen in all the WIPs so far), I hope you can keep that :) Keep up the good work :)

Edited by Erik Leppen

While I really like where this is going. The ride height is of a hotrod that has layed frame as we call it. The playability of the model is not there...what would be really smart if you could raise and lower the suspension..kind regards matt 

7 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I'd say you're off to a great start. I really like the white-black front with the metallic bumper, and it works really well with the dark azure body.

The only thing I'not really a fan of, is the very low ground clearance. I'd personally put the whole thing one stud higher (or, the wheel axles one stud lower. Maybe this is just a typical hot-rod thing, but in your reference picture the ground clearance seems to be higher.

The steering angle is pretty impressive! (best I've seen in all the WIPs so far), I hope you can keep that :) Keep up the good work :)

Thx! About clearance. I specially wanted to put wheels inside fenders.  
I think it’s a hot rod thing like on the original photo.

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Looks great :thumbup:

Thx

5 hours ago, Silvavasil said:

Bravo! I wish you a pleasant process and the completion of the project!
Good luck! AHD Power!!! :pir-classic::pir-classic::pir-classic:

Thx AHD power!

1 hour ago, brickless_kiwi said:

While I really like where this is going. The ride height is of a hotrod that has layed frame as we call it. The playability of the model is not there...what would be really smart if you could raise and lower the suspension..kind regards matt 

Well it rides good. There’s some extra small clearance. I will check it out when make Hog and model will become heavier.

Just now, ArsMan064 said:

Great progress for the beginning! And really nice idea

Thx. I’ll try to do my “noobs” best.

I have the feeling that all the new members from Russia are no noobs at all. Thanks for sharing your creations!

Just now, Go-Kart said:

I have the feeling that all the new members from Russia are no noobs at all. Thanks for sharing your creations!

Some of them are real famous professionals with good skills. But as for me this is my third moc in my life. U can check my IG nick_shtykoff. I have post about white car “project alpha” and pickup for our “small race car” competition. 

14 minutes ago, Shtykoff said:

Some of them are real famous professionals with good skills. But as for me this is my third moc in my life. U can check my IG nick_shtykoff. I have post about white car “project alpha” and pickup for our “small race car” competition. 

can some one please tell me what is this " AHD POWER" thing...  and yes a huge Russian presence which is great, I wish a lot more southern hemisphere people would get involved.. 

Just now, brickless_kiwi said:

can some one please tell me what is this " AHD POWER" thing...  and yes a huge Russian presence which is great, I wish a lot more southern hemisphere people would get involved.. 

AHD it’s very small Russian LEGO technic community. Anti Hype Daily. It’s about 150 people at all. They based on social network “vkontake”. 

Hi,

Your MOC looks great!

However, you have posted a pic of it on Instagram the day before we started the contest. Are you aware this is against the contest guidelines?

"Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously or shown at an event/LUG meeting)."

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi,

Your MOC looks great!

However, you have posted a pic of it on Instagram the day before we started the contest. Are you aware this is against the contest guidelines?

"Entries need to be new (never posted anywhere previously or shown at an event/LUG meeting)."

Thx Jim. Of course I read the rules. But that model on IG is phot from my old attempt to build something.

the same is only fenders and colour. I’ll try to zoom the photo so u can compare them. That was control+ moc.  I totally rebuild the chassis, used another wheels, rebuild body.

49E18345-F6E9-4337-A765-358C8201EE5D

so please compare them. If this is still a problem that we can’t fix I am not gonna post my current moc in entry topic. That’s not a problem at all. And at the end I’m too old for such tricks.

Edited by Shtykoff

1 minute ago, Shtykoff said:

Thx Jim. Of course I read the rules. But that model on IG is phot from my old attempt to build something.

the same is only fenders and colour. I’ll try to zoom the photo so u can compare them. That was control+ moc.  I totally rebuild the chassis, used another wheels, rebuild body.

Okay cool. Carry on! :sweet:

Just now, Jim said:

Okay cool. Carry on! :sweet:

I will try do my best. Btw thx a lot for such right strict control! I like when all things goes exactly how the “rules” said.

3 minutes ago, Shtykoff said:

I will try do my best. Btw thx a lot for such right strict control! I like when all things goes exactly how the “rules” said.

I tend to be a bit lenient when it comes to this contest, but I like to avoid people simply using an existing MOC.

Keep up the good work!

For a long time I have not met GAZ-themes:thumbup: I like these trucks, and the pickup is space :thumbup:

AHD - power, LTR -...:laugh:

Edited by super-jaschka

I am back with small progress. I am not isolated so don’t have much time to build. Btw tomorrow I hope I’ll get azure pack of bricks so can improve hood and body detailing.
Cause I am not skilled technic guy I am not sure about fake engine. I think cause to low clearance front wheel won’t let me put inside fake engine even piston style.

49787842112_984f777a19_b.jpg

49786985183_83732a124a_b.jpg

49787523331_a93b1b701b_b.jpg

Edited by Shtykoff

Looks nice to me; my problem with those pickups are how to make correct shape for classic mudguards like on your picture of real one... About fake engine - question is how much space you have; since you have no front suspension, you can put gear 12 tooth for steering below gear rack to save some space...

(Years ago I saw ZIL hotrod pickup and wondered how it would look in dark azure... this one https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g45WK)

@Shtykoff I hope it is not to much of-topic

Edited by I_Igor
Found the object that I was referring

Very nice  truck for a first public MOC?