Sign in to follow this  
legoMoccer

The Bakery

I am back after a month of not doing anything lego related, this time i am back with the town theme and more specific Modular buildings, from what i have seen online we havent had a bakery designed for modular buildings so i thought i would design one and submit it to lego ideas, this design borrows a lot from my Artists Home project, mostly the style which is loosely based on 15th century Italy 

nFUQCVS.jpgRq1gDCY.jpgViIg6cX.jpgSrdUq9Q.pngY8rB5Ed.pngvnvX4ww.png0vRI8TE.png

Very nice. I love the planter boxes & window design/display on the first floor there. And the light grey corners with the dark red looks fantastic.that roof really pops too. 

Very nice building and love the bakery, but how do the figs get into the apartment?

Thats a charming build!

Just one note: Your build is not connectable to other modulars. You have overhanging tiles on the side of the building. :)

Looks great! Definitely would fit well with a series of buildings, but stands out a bit among the modulars. And fyi there is a bakery in the Assembly Square modular set :wink:.I

I like the color combo a lot. And the rounded tile above arch looks interesting.

2 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

Looks great! Definitely would fit well with a series of buildings, but stands out a bit among the modulars. And fyi there is a bakery in the Assembly Square modular set :wink:.I

I like the color combo a lot. And the rounded tile above arch looks interesting.

ah true there is one in that although it isnt a modular building dedicated to one shop, 

do you think it would stick out that much? a lot of the other modular buildings are fairly bright colours, perhaps i could replace the textured brick parts for flat bricks then i think it would fit well 

P1026036.JPG

Love the colour scheme and display windows.  I especially love the roof,  really captures that Mediterranean feel. 

It's the grey window detailing (as well as the grey tiles) on the side elevation that stands proud and would stop other modulars adjoining the Bakery.

Edited by Loslyn
Forgot to mention something

On 4/15/2020 at 8:34 AM, Loslyn said:

Love the colour scheme and display windows.  I especially love the roof,  really captures that Mediterranean feel. 

It's the grey window detailing (as well as the grey tiles) on the side elevation that stands proud and would stop other modulars adjoining the Bakery.

Yeah I noticed that as well, I will have to re render it to remove them 

I'm glad you like the roof and colour scheme 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:25 AM, Pdaitabird said:

This looks good! The details in the bakery and kitchen really stand out.

Thanks I'm glad you like it :) 

Its also up on ideas now 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b8fec072-1351-4f5c-9fae-7ecfe3272c99