Henjin_Quilones

[MOC] Monarch Butterfly

Monarch Butterfly

I built this butterfly for Innovalug's Style it Up contest, where the prompt was to build something, anything, that was perfectly symmetrical across a line.

I was trying to come up with something cool to build for the contest, not wanting a generic car or spaceship, and my wife just said, "Easy, build a butterfly." So, to fulfill her wish, I built Danaus plexippus, better known as the Monarch, perched on a cluster of leaves. I'm fairly satisfied with the outcome, because those angles were a real bother in the wings. It should have more white spots in the black area, but LEGO plates don't go that small, and fiddling with rods isn't my thing. 

49765098198_06948a1207_c.jpg

C & C welcome. I was not entirely sure if the Special Themes forum was the right place for it, but it seemed like the best fit of the available options. If it should go somewhere else, I hope a mod will graciously move it. 

A piece of true beauty. The shaping is superb and of course the symmetry is spot on. The leaf underneath is another work of art.

Thank you for sharing this :pir-love:

14 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Wow! That wing detailing is amazing! :drool:

Thank you, I had some frustrat fun times making them!

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

A piece of true beauty. The shaping is superb and of course the symmetry is spot on. The leaf underneath is another work of art.

Thank you for sharing this :pir-love:

Thanks, I am glad you like it!

Great one, saw it on Discord! You fixes that missing cheese slope :wink: Beautifully detailed indeed, love the angles and the colors! :wub: Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Edited by LegoModularFan