On 5/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, ukbajadave said:

Loving the "headrests" :classic:

On 5/15/2020 at 12:40 PM, ArsMan064 said:

+1
Great idea for headrests!

Thank you!
It was idea of a friend of mine, I hope he will reach Eurobricks soon to publish his models:)

So, is it deadline already?
I guess, I am off the contest unless it will be closed later. Still, I would like to finish the model, despite I am pretty dissapointed that I wasn't able to organise myself into building properly :sadnew:.

Some progress for today:

THWmTBTq900.jpg

HS9kv4BmeCs.jpg

9YLu_mWUuAs.jpg

CnqeY-qs540.jpg

8dmeQBWfMVw.jpg

I was lucky enough to acquire a bunch of dark red parts and I am going to put them at use :classic:. I will replace hard user 3x5 halfbeams with more good-looking ones. 

I decided to build exterior in 14 studs width with arches extending to 15 studs. 

As for rear I was inspired to use panel #1 and #2 from other builders (I can name several models using this solution even years ago). I love how they look and I hope that it isn't considered as a plagiarism. But if it is - I can't think of something better so let is be a plagiarism :classic:

So far I am pretty satisfied with how it is going. I guess, I will need to replace some parts in front end of the chassis with white ones, since they will be part of the exterior. Shame soft shock absorbers aren't available in white. 

If you can make into TC18 you have my vote. I really like that chassis.

The official ruling states : "The deadline date is Monday, the 18th of May 2020. The contest will be closed on Tuesday, the 19th of May, OR LATER." So... who knows. But there are already awesome entries so I would not count with any extension.

You already have a good photo of the innings (unless you have modified it) and very little to complete half bodywork. I am assuming you lack of some parts or you'd already build passenger's door. So... choose the cabrio version, trick the photo angle to hide your "gaps" and go ahead. An uncompleted entry will give you more feedback than no entry at all.

I'm guessing that as a last resort you could play the joke of entering the contest with it as is just changing the name to "Crashed 911/964 AWD and still up and runnig!!"  :D

10 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

If you can make into TC18 you have my vote. I really like that chassis.

Wow, thank you! That means a lot for me.

10 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

The official ruling states : "The deadline date is Monday, the 18th of May 2020. The contest will be closed on Tuesday, the 19th of May, OR LATER." So... who knows. But there are already awesome entries so I would not count with any extension.

Yeah. I do hope, that contest will be closed later, but I will accept the fact that I am late.

12 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

You already have a good photo of the innings (unless you have modified it) and very little to complete half bodywork. I am assuming you lack of some parts or you'd already build passenger's door. So... choose the cabrio version, trick the photo angle to hide your "gaps" and go ahead. An uncompleted entry will give you more feedback than no entry at all.

I'm guessing that as a last resort you could play the joke of entering the contest with it as is just changing the name to "Crashed 911/964 AWD and still up and runnig!!"  :D

Thank you for suggestions! But I don't want to entry the contest just to participate. I want to present a finished model that I am satisfied with. Of course, I would like a lot to participate, but I don't want to do it with half-baked model. Also, I strongly want to build a coupe with hard roof, so no compromises for me. 

Nevertheless, thank you very much for your support and suggestions. It is heartwarming to hear an opinion that I need to participate at any cost :classic:

These curved dark red part is just perfect there...

I hope contest will be extended for your amazing model! 

13 hours ago, Surffikoira said:

Love those colors, hope you make it!

13 hours ago, ArsMan064 said:

These curved dark red part is just perfect there...

I hope contest will be extended for your amazing model! 

1 hour ago, All_About_Lego said:

This already looks perfect! So if you do get the chance to finish it I am sure the final result will be amazing!

Thank you for your compliments! 
Your support inspires me to do my best to finish model in several hours and make an entry :classic:

I am sorry to disappoint those who were waiting for decent results but I am finally off the contest. During the sleepless night and somewhat eight-ten hours I wasn't able to obtain a satisfying results and I decided to stop endless trying. 9A6lIx61m7c.jpg

It is quite depressing feeling since I had a lot of plans for this contest and I really like the chassis. It just makes me sad, that I had searched the parts in a hurry, etc but in the end there is no entry :sad: 
Well, that is enough for whining!

I want to thank everyone who commented this topic and supported me during the building process. It was a real pleasure to have such an audience, thank you very much! I hope, next time I will be able to organise myself better and will not be whining about being late to meet the deadline.
Thanks to @Jim for organising such a huge contest involving more than half a hundred participants. It is real pleasure to look through entry topic. 

I am sorry again for taking your time into reading the topic with no results and I hope that someday I will present the Porsche I would not be ashamed of. But first I need to have a sleep and sort all white parts :laugh:

Spoiler

But I still love how the half-stud offset makes the shape of the body:classic:

5YBmS8u2Oyc.jpg

Edited by Limga

Agree with Jeroen, finish it anyway.

Honestly, I just would put a simple windshield on it, and enter as a cabrio.

Looks like a proper convertible :laugh:

To bad you weren't able to finish it before the deadline. Please, do finish it regardless of the contest.

It looks great so far - it’s a shame you couldn’t finish it in time but don’t let that stop you - continue to work on it in your own time and I look forward to seeing the result, even if you won’t be able to enter!

Bad news. Very pity that U can’t enter the contest. But don’t worry about that, we surely know that u are great builder! 

Edited by Shtykoff

53 minutes ago, Hrafn said:

@Limga did you ever finish this project?  

40 minutes ago, sm1995 said:

This is absolutely brilliant, please tell me you're planning on finish it!

Thanks for attention, I appreciate it. Sadly I still haven't finished it yet, and have ripped some parts of it for use in another half-baked models. But it is still there, waiting when I get myself together to finish it. I will share it here, of course.

6 hours ago, Limga said:

Thanks for attention, I appreciate it. Sadly I still haven't finished it yet, and have ripped some parts of it for use in another half-baked models. But it is still there, waiting when I get myself together to finish it. I will share it here, of course.

I hope you can!  I have a variant of your brilliant front suspension sitting on my table.  Yours is easily the best driven independent front suspension design I have seen at this scale.

I am clearly interested in this MOC, too. Not that we get too few Porsches around here (there are sooo many, in fact), but because your model seems to achieve quite a great and respectful design, and with a moderate scale in Technic, which is quite a feat. I clearly lack white technic panels and mudguards in my parts collection, but if you release this MOC I will definitely consider buying whatever will be needed to build it.

Please let us know how it goes!

Edited by Celeri