Leviathan

[TC18] Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 (finished)

Hi everyone,

This is my entry for this contest. Why this car ? 'Cause I have a lot of Orange in stock and what brand car is recognizable in orange color ? A Lamborghini of course ! (A Mclaren/Old Mustang too I guess...)

Specification and functions :
Wheels: 43.2x14 or 22
Engine: fake mini V10, RWD
Color: Orange and white stripe

Dimensions : 120 x 300 x 85 mm -> (15 x 40 x 10 studs)

Openable doors and trunk. 

No suspensions, not necessary at this scale In my opinion

Front steering + Rear HOG

IMGP7089-1IMGP7095-9

IMGP7106-1

IMGP7123-2

IMGP7090-3

IMGP7139-16

IMGP7109-7

IMGP7182-7

IMGP7175-1

HD photos gallery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/147164115@N07/albums/72157713841846828Regards,

Video in coming !

Edited by Leviathan

It looks cool - I like how you caught its shape in such a small scale. My favorite parts are headlights and rear lights. And I agree with others that rear spoiler / wing would be good addition.

Awesome! This sleek model makes you aware of how over-styled present-day Lambos are (and most other cars). I think with a wing it will be less elegant.

My only nitpicking would be the shape of the rear window: The horizontal black liftarms within the orange liftarms going from the roof to the rear give me the feeling of a glass covered slope whereas pictures show a vertical rear window behind the seats. (But there might be different versions of the car)

I agree with @Go-Kart, it is very stylish and clean as it is. The wing as detachable add-on would be a nice touch, but not necessary.

Maybe I missed something, does it has a HOG? Also, maybe the steering wheel could be one size bigger.

Edited by agrof

Lots of very nice details here, I especially like the way you've recreated the headlight details under the clear panels. I wouldn't bother adding a spoiler. When I imagine a Gallardo I picture the flat rear deck and square rear edges. A quick look at autotrader suggests only 20% have wings.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics as I'd love to see how you've got the front wheels so tight in the arches but still steerable. I'm guessing a virtual pivot system?

6 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

Lots of very nice details here, I especially like the way you've recreated the headlight details under the clear panels. I wouldn't bother adding a spoiler. When I imagine a Gallardo I picture the flat rear deck and square rear edges. A quick look at autotrader suggests only 20% have wings. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some more pics as I'd love to see how you've got the front wheels so tight in the arches but still steerable. I'm guessing a virtual pivot system? 

And more o the point, the LP 550-2 version wasnt equiped with a spoiler/wing.

If you do want to add a spoiler, id suggest a different colour and removing the white stripe.

Cute build! I'm loving this contest, with all the extravagant (but awesome) supercars people are coming out with it's nice to have this refreshing stripped back style. Great job :thumbup:

On 4/22/2020 at 4:34 PM, vectormatic said:

And more o the point, the LP 550-2 version wasnt equiped with a spoiler/wing.

If you do want to add a spoiler, id suggest a different colour and removing the white stripe.

Absolutly. The exact version is LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni (Lamborghini famous pilot)

But just for fun, with spoiler :

IMGP7087-13

IMGP7089-1

Other photos coming soon !

This is a really great model at this scale.  I really like it.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:14 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Beautiful :pir-love:

On 4/26/2020 at 12:15 PM, Pvdb said:

This is a really great model at this scale.  I really like it.

Thank you so much !

Video available :