@agrof you got it almost correct, I used axle 3l with stop+stud instead of pin+axle. It's a little less stressed this way (axle is tiny bit thinner than pin, also the axle is put only about 90% inside the #5 connector so the stop ring only slightly touches the engine blocks) :

640x580.jpg

@Thirdwigg see above

EDIT: using 2x Lego Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joint Smoothinstead of 13498.pngmight be even better (less stress)

Edited by Rudivdk

Like your modifications, glad to see people are having fun with my rod... well, it sounded more correct in my head. :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by agrof

I finally managed to build this little car and it was used at Thirdwiggville Elementary School for kinetic energy experiments. Thanks for the instructions.

800x600.jpg

Thank you for the instructions! It was really nice to build something small and fun for a change and finally get to use that pullback motor :head_back:

I do not see your entry in the TC18 topic ...

Some last minutes modifications ?

The answer is more banal: lazyness. Anyhow, here are the entry pictures finally!

Hot%20Rodster%201.png

Hot%20Rodster%202.png

Hot%20Rodster%205.png

Hot%20Rodster%204.png

+1

Hot%20Rodster%203.png

Edited by agrof

Great pullback! Too pity that there is only a V4 engine, but proportions are so nice :pir-love:
Another reason to love this build - a couple of available colors and detailing options (and quite easy and not so costly build at all)

11 hours ago, agrof said:

...Anyhow, here are the entry pictures finally!

So cool :pir-love:

I have it in front of me every day :wink:

800x600.jpg

good luck for the TC18 contest :thumbup:

Edited by GASimir

It looks cool. I am just bit disappointed by no connection between wheels and fake engine...

10 hours ago, Tomik said:

It looks cool. I am just bit disappointed by no connection between wheels and fake engine...

Damn, that's right! There's only a bevel gear to like.. spin the motor with the finger? 

Thanks Guys! 

If you read the whole story, you will understand my motivation and goal with this small MOC. :wink:

Strictly, there is a bunch of parts, which connects the wheels and the engine... Otherwise it would not stay integrated as one big unit, would it? :tongue:

21 hours ago, agrof said:

If you read the whole story

I've read all posts in this topic. I must have missed the part where you say that the engine is not connected. As a matter of fact, I even missed that detail when I quickly watched across the instructions the day you published them. I had to reopen the file and take a closer look. Maybe because I just couldn't build something like that myself; I didn't expect it at all.

I'm not saying it's wrong or anything. Seen the praise you got, it certainly was the best thing to do. I for one would rather concede on style for better features, or on realistic looks to avoid flimsy system parts (not the case with this one of course) and stay on the Technic side. But my approach appears to be far less popular. So hats off to you! 

No worries, I got your point and agree somewhere, no offense was taken at all... Let's put it in this way: I succeed to put 1 more function than originally planned! :grin:

:pir-huzzah2: