Finally, I decided to join to the contest - though I am still on the fence, because I need to decide if I want to buy those small tires... but damn, those just fit here like a glove. :pir-look:

I am more into small builds recently, this one is no exception. I know, this entry will not win the contest, but maybe will be able to steal some hearts. :wink: I just wanted to create a FUN build, which has good playability, and always wanted to play around with my pullback motors. This contest seems like the perfect opportunity due to the wheel and size limitation.

Let's see the ingredients:

• Pullback motor
  • Hot rod
  • Dragster
  • Oversized engine (it is fake, I mean fully)
  • murdered out black, killer look
  • realistic overall proportions (except the engine)
  • Light, as possible

Put it in the shaker, and here is the first sketch, I hope You like it. Size is: 27x14x10 studs, fairly small, as some of the real ones. So far 204 pcs, I'll try to keep it max 210 pcs with complete exhaust system.

V1_1.png

V1_2.png

And hopefully it will be able to pull some wheelies, like this! :devil:

1280x720.jpg

Edited by agrof

It sure has 'killer' looks, nice sketch! It's like a mix of pullback series and 42093 scale cars, could easily be an official 1H-wave model.

Not sure if it is TC18 material though, no offence, but might be a bit too light for that (as you already mentioned). Still, cool build:thumbup:. Makes me want to build a hotrod myself now...

Yeah, as I wrote, it is not the intention to win, but to have fun. Actually my brain is so drained, I just want to think and live simple for a while now. :wink:

Looks nice :thumbup:

Now I'm not the only with hotrod in mind :wink:

This looks great. The proportions are just right, and I like the minimal bodywork.

Looking forward to a complete exhaust. 

3 hours ago, agrof said:

Yeah, as I wrote, it is not the intention to win, but to have fun. Actually my brain is so drained, I just want to think and live simple for a while now. :wink:

This is such a good comment.  Perhaps worthy of its own thread.  So many times I think folk's perception on the meaning of building is to throw all their resources in their project and maximize the outcome.  Like we do perhaps in our careers, families, friendships, etc.  But for many of us, like myself, on a typical day I don't have that much left in the tank.  I value and very much respect those that do, but for my, usually I don't.  So building becomes much less about a display of skill rather than something to just blow off steam....

Thank You for the kind words everyone! 

I think the design can be freezed now, round 210 pcs. I created a digital sketch with photoshop, just to mimic famous car designers - and for the pure pleasure. :sweet:

1280x695.jpg

Edited by agrof

I am so happy, that it indeed hit the nerves, thanks! :sweet:

@Thirdwigg You don't need the belly picture, first I will test build it (CAD pre-designs match ~90% the reality, some fine tuning is always needed), and paralell I am working on the building instructions.

So, test build went well, the statue is done. I am very happy with the result and with the design flow. :sweet: Such a good experience, I really-really enjoyed it - thanks @Jim for the kick to start!

No wheelies though... ~250 gramms, one pullback motor, but it looks damn good! :devil:

I only had to increase the gauge by 1/2-1/2 studs, as the 49.5x20 tires could rub a bit the body - now it runs smoothly. The total width is now 15 studs, still within the limits. Some pictures about test build with 43.2x22 tires on the front, acceptable, but I believe the 43.2x14 will fit better. Tested other wheelset too, but I prefer the black one. As parts are missing, these are only work in progress pictures, exhausts, wheels, some missing colored parts will come later.

Ah, and I added one more feature: now You can spin the engine freely from the cab, to kill the stress... or time. :grin: 

800x390.jpg

800x480.jpg

800x389.jpg

@Thirdwigg I finished the Building instructions too, CLICK HERE to download it.

Edited by agrof

Thanx for the instructions, I will build this beauty within the next few days (maybe even a couple of them in different colors...). I'll show you the results later.

EDIT: I couldn't wait... built it with 14mm-wide front tires and made some small changes due to lack of parts/colors, and it looks fantastic:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by Rudivdk

My pleasure, I hope You both enjoy the build and the result! :sweet:

This is awesome, Thank you for the instructions :) 

Edited by Qukie

After @Rudivdk made real one I suppose next pullback set in 2021 could be this little fella

Nice car and fun thread to read :thumbup:! The minimalism and relativism are welcome in these hard times. I work for a company who's payoff reads as 'driving simplicity'. This car is a very nice materialistic incarnation of that slogan :wink:.

Thank You guys! I breathe simplicity (both by nature and by profession). :wink:

Edited by agrof