@Qukie Here is a shot of the rear. The rear wing and diffuser will be the last part to finalize, so this is a placeholder.

800x450.jpg

I took off the wheel covers to see how it looks. I'm open to thoughts here. Changed the door colors as well. I agree with you @agrof, it looks better.

800x600.jpg

I made a simple sketch for the cockpit roof, so I'll let that sit for a little bit and see if other inspiration comes. I added some shaping to the side, and a little color. Not sure if I like the white and black as it looks like I don't have the colors I need. I'll try some other ideas. Hopefully something more intentional comes out.

Edited by Thirdwigg

Much better, amazing how such a tiny touch can change the whole character. :wink:

@Thirdwigg thank you. For me the previous look was much better. It was simple and bang on and now it looks like you said like a mix of random blocks. The wheel covers also added to the whole look, although they would look better in black. I am waiting for the rear diffuser in black and this will be perfect :)  If you are not happy with the roof maybe do an open cockpit version?

16 hours ago, Qukie said:

@Thirdwigg thank you. For me the previous look was much better. It was simple and bang on and now it looks like you said like a mix of random blocks. The wheel covers also added to the whole look, although they would look better in black. I am waiting for the rear diffuser in black and this will be perfect :)  If you are not happy with the roof maybe do an open cockpit version?

I go back an forth on the wheel covers. I'll keep trying them on and off as I continue. Diffuser will be done when the wing is done, which will be done when the colors are finalized. I definitely tried an open cockpit version as well, it looks ok, but the over engine bodywork looks a little too tall. I'll post that soon.

Colors. Here are a couple that I think could work. Let me know which one would be the best to keep with, and I'll play around with them.

Orange, Yellow, or Lime(!)

800x800.jpg

Bright seems a little more racy.

White, LBG, or DBG? These are a little more quiet, but easier to implement.

800x800.jpg

Any thoughts?

DBG is my favorite, but LBG matches the thin liftarm on top, which is nice.. White or any bright color would do the trick too, but then I'd add a touch of the same color somewhere else, maybe.

Can't decide, sorry.. I feel the pain! But I'm sure you'll figure out and it'll be awesome, like the rest of the build!

If you asked me....   Black is Lego Technic gifted child...  It is lighter in weight and its stronger then the rest.. have you ever broke a black color element?? impossible!!!! JUST SHARING my view points .... 

4 hours ago, sirslayer said:

have you ever broke a black color element?? impossible!!!! JUST SHARING my view points .... 

Actually, I have. 

I was building a bridge with it and at failed on the only black element on the bridge. Rest was LBG.

@letsbuild  To be honest, I have a handful of broken black and blue pin but those don't count!!! :) LBG of all sorts had honorable mentions due to my Technic madness 

I would go with orange and white, but the lime with DBG or black would look also really nice. I like the yellow one too. I tried to play with the liveries in photoshop a little bit, and my fave is the orange and white combo. With red it also does not look bad.

lmp.jpg

Edited by HorcikDesigns

LBG gets my vote. Despite this being a race car i would keep the colours to azure and black.

General rule for most design is try to limit to 3 colours in proximity to each other.

I’d  do LBG for your side inlets as it matches the thin liftarm. As to the main body keep the Blue and Black

Thanks @1980SomethingSpaceGuy @sirslayer @Qukie and @Seasider for your thoughts. Thanks also @HorcikDesigns for the photo shop work. I agree the LBG looks pretty good, and it has a mechanical look to it, which matched the work-a-day theme of these racers. I'll see how I can work that in.

But I also had to try the lime to see what it would look like. Not sure if I keep it, but I had to try. I think I settled on the exhaust coming out of the side pods, so that will dictate the final shape. I also tried a new shaping for the side pods. Also, wheel covers back on. Another updated soon.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

This last azure/lime coloursheme get my vote.

Refresching and fun but still looking serious and credible.

Great model BTW ;)

Thanks all. I'll keep working. The body work seems to be finalizing so now I'll complete the interior and start working on the wing and diffuser.

I find the azure/yellow/black for a good combination (matches to the engine details, with just the needed amount of sting in the overall pic, meanwhile the black wheels and details adds the right sharp details what the eye needs. Sure, You do it on your way.

I think azure and lime not the best combination, as both are quite light colors, so there is no real contrast. Normal blue or dark blue and lime would be a hit.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, Seasider said:

General rule for most design is try to limit to 3 colours in proximity to each other.

This. :thumbup: Just try to find the right balance. Meat + salt + pepper. Ready. :wink:

I like overall design of your LMP car. If we speak about colors I like blue and orange combination - it reminds me Ford GT in Gulf livery.

OK, back for a little more. The interior of the car is mostly done, thought there are still a couple parts that need to be recolored. I added a engine brace, front and rear brakes and cooling ducts, and a rear diffusser. Finally, I completed all the engine cooling and exhaust. I was able to add a turbocharger system, so you can find two turbos, intercooler, overboost release valve, and air intake which all connects to the side air intakes.

800x600.jpg

I'm still a little stuck on the final colors.

Edited by Thirdwigg

Excellent usage of the:

58177.png :thumbup:

Didn't even know this version. I guess the yellow connector pieces represent the shocks, right?

59 minutes ago, agrof said:

Excellent usage of the:

58177.png :thumbup:

Didn't even know this version. I guess the yellow connector pieces represent the shocks, right?

Correct. That's the idea.

This project is done, with all parts ordered and applied to the MOC. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the color. After a lot of indecision and trying various liveries, it was clear Lime Green needed to be the highlight. No other car in TC18 has lime, and if the color can't go on a race car, where else would it go? It's not perfect, but it looks fast.

Features

• Steering (wheel and HOG)
  • RWD
  • Working mini V-8
  • Removable bodywork
  • Opening doors
  • Removable engine with four pins

V-8 Turbo engine

49894171701_7d80d32d2c_c.jpg

Rear engine, transmission, and suspension

49893657503_86562c97a1_c.jpg

Monocoque and rear powertrain.

49894462827_bf0e496c29_b.jpg

Uncowled

49894153021_1340061907_b.jpg

Front

49894462022_83bb25097d_b.jpg

Side

49894461967_8956672be8_b.jpg

Bottom

49894488577_ff6e2aa6ea_c.jpg

Video coming soon....

Edited by Thirdwigg

Not my favorite color combo, but this is nitpicking. Shape is spot on, lot of details = big like! :thumbup::wub: