Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] Le Neptune - Class 9 Ship

A Napoleonic inspired Ship of the Line for glorious Oleon. Heavily inspired by Wellesly's HMS Persephone and Invicta's hull/tumblhome technique on YouTube. She has 84 guns and three decks. 36-pounder guns on the lowest deck, 24-pounder everywhere else.

neptuna_1.png
neptuna_3.png
neptuna_5.pngneptuna_6.png
neptuna_4.png
neptuna_7.png
neptuna_8.png
neptuna_9.png
neptuna_10.png
neptuna_11.png
neptuna_12.png
neptuna_13.png
neptuna_14.png
neptuna_15.png
neptuna_16.png
neptuna_17.png
neptuna_18.png
neptuna_19.png
neptuna_20.png
neptuna_21.png
neptuna_22.png
neptuna_23.png
The galley and chimney.
neptuna_24.png
neptuna_25.png
neptuna_26.png

Edited by KotZ

Class 5?!? :pir-tongue: I'd say class 9 :pir-laugh:

(More feedback on this beautiful ship later when I have better time)

84 guns and three decks, definitely a class 9. A great addition to our mighty fleet, nicely done!

I like it very much, though I think you could add more details on the bow, for example remove a couple of these curved plates to attach some hinge plates to create that curved, ornated thingy, I forgot the correct term.:pir-grin:

Most certainly a class 9  and would be a worthy opponent to my own class 10s!

Beautiful all around! I know it's small, but I really like that custom anchor! I've always struggled with getting those to look nice so seeing different ways to do it is always helpful.

My only criticism is I would like to see a tad bit more of a tumblehome, but that is easier said then done on such a large vessel. Overall a fantastic build! 

WOUW what a ship! This is amazing! Love the lines , guns and just the grand glorious design of it!

16 hours ago, Bodi said:

84 guns and three decks, definitely a class 9. A great addition to our mighty fleet, nicely done!

I like it very much, though I think you could add more details on the bow, for example remove a couple of these curved plates to attach some hinge plates to create that curved, ornated thingy, I forgot the correct term.:pir-grin:

If a mod could edit the title to Class 9, that would be awesome. And thanks. The bow was probably the most difficult part for me. I’ll definitely fix that for next time. 

16 hours ago, Pdaitabird said:

Impressive...most impressive. :pir-vader:  The hull shaping and brick-built sails look great!

Thanks! The sails took a little bit of trial and error, and lots of cursing at the hinge button in LDD. 

15 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Most certainly a class 9  and would be a worthy opponent to my own class 10s!

Beautiful all around! I know it's small, but I really like that custom anchor! I've always struggled with getting those to look nice so seeing different ways to do it is always helpful.

My only criticism is I would like to see a tad bit more of a tumblehome, but that is easier said then done on such a large vessel. Overall a fantastic build! 

Thanks! I originally was going to use the official anchors, but those were too small. I then brickbuilt them but they were too big. 

For the tumblehome, Invicta’s guide as a two decker, and I think it looks better as a two decker with just one “slope”. Next large ship I’ll do will probably try doubling that tumblehome technique. 

7 hours ago, Fraunces said:

WOUW what a ship! This is amazing! Love the lines , guns and just the grand glorious design of it!

Thanks! Glorious was what I was going for!

A.K.A. "The fortress"??

Beautiful ship. May it stay afloat forever! If I had to correct anything, it would be to make that bow a bit more ornamental as Bodi said. It will make it was more elegant! Great build though! How many working hours by the way?

Edited by blackdeathgr

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

A.K.A. "The fortress"??

Beautiful ship. May it stay afloat forever! If I had to correct anything, it would be to make that bow a bit more ornamental as Bodi said. It will make it was more elegant! Great build though! How many working hours by the way?

Haha yes, now aka "The Fortress." Took way too many working hours, especially on the sails. I would estimate maybe 15-20 overall for just build? Mainly due to experimenting on the hull and tumblehome. Rendering the photos took probably 1 or 2.

Pretty little rowboat there. :pir_laugh2:

Great build! I like that quite a bit of work went into the interior - much appreciated!

Just now, Darnok said:

Pretty little rowboat there. :pir_laugh2:

Great build! I like that quite a bit of work went into the interior - much appreciated!

Rowboat?! Why I oughta... :pir-tongue:

I love interiors for builds. It's half the fun of building for me. I grew up playing with LEGO, and I'll be damned if I stop making interiors/play features for my younger self.:pir-laugh: For me, if there's not an interior or something fun/active about a build I do that's in minifig-scale, then I'm missing out on something important.

Besides. What use is a ship with 84 guns if there's no crates and barrels of shot? What use is there of quarters and cabins if the officers don't have a place to eat?:pir-grin:

Definitely a beautiful build, I don't know if its just me but- I feel like it should be a bit longer... maybe it's just the rendering or angles distorting the size...(not that I would know how to fix it :pir-tongue:)  Regardless, it is very impressive!