Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[Freebuild - Mitgardia] Dilapidated Church

49756773646_a483030367_c.jpg

For the past year, Amos Lachlan had been investigating the Mitgardian churches only to find derelict remains. It would seem that towns were no different.

At the church he visited, a captain of the Mitgardian army explained how stone was removed from the building to be used for fortifications. Yet upon further questioning, he or his men did not know why the church was abandoned to begin with. 

It would seem Amos' investigation would continue...

Yep, here's another ruined church. What can I say, I like building them. Also a welcome relief during this strange time.

Hope you enjoy!

49756245588_4762eb4c42_c.jpg

Edited by Spud The Viking

And I'm glad you like building them, because I definitely enjoy seeing your church buildings as well!  The dilapidation is quite well done (although I must admit a part of me wants to see that missing tower half-fallen and at an angle :grin: :laugh:) and the stained glass is great, especially the round ones with those arches!  I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this storyline as well - keep it up! :thumbup:

Very nice work, the choice of having one building ruined and the other one proudly standing makes it very presentable, and you did the roofs and windows very well! 

Great job, I love the stained glasses with the turntables, the shaping above the door and the way you’ve built the cross. That texturing is what sticks out the most to me though in a good way, it looks very natural and realistic! Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Most excellent work! I love ruin Mocs and this certainly does the job!

The legend is back! :oh3:

Great MOC! The dilapidation is nice, the stained glass is too (I enjoy using that technique). I feel like most of the stained glass should be shattered, but that is just a minor qualm, considering that the rest of the church is so cool!:thumbup:

21 hours ago, Garmadon said:

And I'm glad you like building them, because I definitely enjoy seeing your church buildings as well!  The dilapidation is quite well done (although I must admit a part of me wants to see that missing tower half-fallen and at an angle :grin: :laugh:) and the stained glass is great, especially the round ones with those arches!  I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this storyline as well - keep it up! :thumbup:

Thank you! That would be an interesting idea haha :laugh:

13 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Very nice work, the choice of having one building ruined and the other one proudly standing makes it very presentable, and you did the roofs and windows very well! 

Thanks! It was more a parts limitation but I think the asymmetry works.

5 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Most excellent work! I love ruin Mocs and this certainly does the job!

Thank you! Much appreciated, your MOCs have always been inspiring to me so I'm glad you enjoyed!

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Great job, I love the stained glasses with the turntables, the shaping above the door and the way you’ve built the cross. That texturing is what sticks out the most to me though in a good way, it looks very natural and realistic! Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

Great MOC! The dilapidation is nice, the stained glass is too (I enjoy using that technique). I feel like most of the stained glass should be shattered, but that is just a minor qualm, considering that the rest of the church is so cool!:thumbup:

Thanks! Yes I agree about the glass, and if it were realistic the roof would probably be gone too. 

Good to see you again!  Lovely ruins.  You hit a great balance between looking dilapidated and putting so much texture in that it's hard to identify the building--it's perfect.  I like the overgrown grass around, too.  Great job, and will hope to see you here more often!

Beautiful build. You can really see the scars that came over time. Would love to see it rebuilt into a fortified structure, used to prevent invasions. 

Great work, mate. 

On 4/12/2020 at 5:38 PM, Grover said:

Good to see you again!  Lovely ruins.  You hit a great balance between looking dilapidated and putting so much texture in that it's hard to identify the building--it's perfect.  I like the overgrown grass around, too.  Great job, and will hope to see you here more often!

Thank you very much! I do hope to find the time to build more for GoH!

On 4/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Beautiful build. You can really see the scars that came over time. Would love to see it rebuilt into a fortified structure, used to prevent invasions. 

Great work, mate. 

Thank you!

You know, I was half tempted to put a trebuchet in the ruined tower :grin: