_artemshulgin_

[TC18] 1997 Mazda RX-7 [Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift]

Hello everyone This contest is a great opportunity to make a statement! Here I will describe my success in creating a car.
I chose the Mazda Rx-7 because I have every opportunity to replicate the cool car from the cult movie. 

I want to use 42093 as a basis, since it is similar to this model in stock. I will Refine it and add the main features of RX7

These days, I've put together a V4 engine suitable for a rear-wheel drive chassis

49835922993_1a00814faa_k.jpgIMG_7187 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49835921758_1739c6b887_k.jpgIMG_7193 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49835921878_0176310189_k.jpgIMG_7198 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49835922338_7b5d73bea5_k.jpgIMG_7203 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

И собрал заднюю часть кузова.

49836763692_2ab48e6d0f_k.jpgIMG_7208 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

Model is finished 

49835992633_dba6c920bb_k.jpgIMG_7218 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49835992663_617f408c5e_k.jpgIMG_7216 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49835988918_a13f9e9543_k.jpgIMG_7223 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49836835132_ab824f58ec_k.jpgIMG_7220 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

49835994173_a8c077f2ae_k.jpgIMG_7212 by artemshulgin114, on Flickr

Edited by _artemshulgin_

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Awesome, looks good so far :)

What is looking awesome? Was there some progress that got deleted? Looks like another idea reservation to me...

Edited by Gray Gear

14 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

What is looking awesome? Was there some progress that got deleted? Looks like another idea reservation to me...

Nah there wasn't any, I was just pulling his leg for not posting pics

36 minutes ago, romashkaman said:

Хм, будет ли создание тем платным вариантом в ближайшем будущем?) Если нет, может лучше сначала что-то построить

I just started building the model, so there are no pictures yet! But I promise that soon they will definitely be)

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Nah there wasn't any, I was just pulling his leg for not posting pics

Ooh, yeah I am sick of this as well. Reading the rules seems to be a challenge :grin:

26 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Что выглядит потрясающе? Был ли какой-то прогресс, который был удален? Похоже, еще одна идея бронирования для меня ...

Photos will be soon, just started construction

About idea reservation - why to fear somebody will build the same model? 100% it won't be really the same... It's a chance to show your building skills

On 4/10/2020 at 5:40 PM, romashkaman said:

About idea reservation - why to fear somebody will build the same model? 100% it won't be really the same... It's a chance to show your building skills

It won't be 100% the same, that's true. However reserved idea discourage others from building the same or similar model. And it was common in the past that reserved idea had never materialized (with not a single picture posted). This resulted in that idea not being build by anyone.

Oh my god, this is even worse than I thought...Not only does this thing have the Veilside kit which just kills the RX7s beauty beyond recogniton, but it is engine swapped as well, and with a goddamn 4Banger no less? At least swap something worthy like a RB26 or a 2JZ, or an LS if you have to...

I love the RX7, and to me this is about the worst thing you can do to a RX7. Just my opinion tho.

On 4/10/2020 at 2:27 PM, _artemshulgin_ said:

During these few days I managed to assemble the V4 Twin Turbo engine as in the original car.

What!? I'm not a big car fan and don't care much about the F&F movies, but I know Mazda RX have Wankel engines, precisely because that's exotic..

Is that not the case in the movie? 

[Edit] It is. 

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/mazda/2005-the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-veilside-rx-7-ar11157.html

They mention a V intercooler, not a V engine. The engine is a Wankel. 

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy

25 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Какая!? Я не большой поклонник автомобилей и мне не безразличны фильмы F & F, но я знаю, что у Mazda RX есть двигатели Ванкеля, именно потому, что это экзотика ...

Разве это не так в фильме? 

[Править] Это так. 

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/mazda/2005-the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-veilside-rx-7-ar11157.html

Они упоминают интеркулер V, а не V двигатель. Двигатель Ванкеля. 

Yes, I read and watched a lot about it. There was installed a two-section Wankel rotary piston engine with
Twin turbocharged and it was four piston. But in my model I decided to simply assemble a model of four piston engines with rear-wheel drive and a dictatorial turbine.

Thank you for the information:sweet:

10 minutes ago, _artemshulgin_ said:

Yes, I read and watched a lot about it. There was installed a two-section Wankel rotary piston engine with
 Twin turbocharged and it was four piston.

You mean 4 rotors?

Damn, I don't remember speaking russian. 

Seriously, we're building Lego here. It's for fun, sure. But we're a community, so that means we have some social interaction, and a minimum of seriousness is required in that sense, I believe. I'm convinced people would think better of you should you take more care checking your sources and using your in-line translator. 

Avoid horrors like speaking of Wankel pistons and posting in russian, please. 

14 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Damn, I don't remember speaking russian. 

Seriously, we're building Lego here. It's for fun, sure. But we're a community, so that means we have some social interaction, and a minimum of seriousness is required in that sense, I believe. I'm convinced people would think better of you should you take more care checking your sources and using your in-line translator. 

Avoid horrors like speaking of Wankel pistons and posting in russian, please. 

Ok, I understand you! Regarding the engine in my model, I just assembled a four-cylinder unit suitable for the chassis design. I see no reason to find fault with this, this is stupid. Competition to build the most accurate engine layout? So I apologize for the inaccurate description.:wink:

53 minutes ago, _artemshulgin_ said:

I just assembled a four-cylinder unit suitable for the chassis design.

On 4/10/2020 at 2:27 PM, _artemshulgin_ said:

I managed to assemble the V4 Twin Turbo engine as in the original car

54 minutes ago, _artemshulgin_ said:

this is stupid.

You build whatever you please. Beware of what you say it is, or at all, for that matter. That was my advice.

Don't use eurobricks for hosting pictures, it is not menat for that. Use bricsafe, brickshlef, flickr

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Don't use eurobricks for hosting pictures, it is not menat for that. Use bricsafe, brickshlef, flickr

Hello, I do not use Eurobricks to publish photos. This is my personal topic and here I publish photos of the model building progress. Please read the rules.:wink:

25 minutes ago, _artemshulgin_ said:

Hello, I do not use Eurobricks to publish photos. This is my personal topic and here I publish photos of the model building progress. Please read the rules.:wink:

Артём, вам нужно использовать другую платформу для фото-хостинга, не загружай фото на сам форум Евробрикс. Рекомендуется Фликр, Бриксейф или Брикшелф.

Interesting base for MOC, albeit not my fav version of RX-7

Edited by syclone