Sign in to follow this  
Miro78

[MOC] Captain Redbeard Midifigure

With the resurgence of Lego Pirate theme with the release of the Lego Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay, I thought it would be timely for me to share my 40th anniversary of Lego Pirates build I did last year. I guess I forgot to share it here on Eurobricks, so here it is. It's an upscaled Captain Redbeard midifigure. He measures 6x of a standard minifigure. I have built him as close to proportional minifugure dimensions as it would allow me at this scale. His joints are all articulated as a standard minifigure and then some additional ones like elbow articulation and head tilting for more expressive poses. The hardest joint is in the hips, which uses technic brick with rotation joints to lock his legs in different poses (not shown in this staged photograph). I will have to take additional photographs to highlight the articulation. I have included his trusty parrot, his cutlass sword and a treasure chest on some brickbuilt spit of sand that he got stranded on.

Captain Redbeard

Hey !

That's an excellent rendition of our old Captain Redbeard !

Give us more pictures of this amazing MOC Please ! :pir-wub:

Haha, this is brilliant!  It's nice to see how realistic you made it look at this scale. Keep up the great work! :pir-classic: :parrot: