Cylo

[MOC] Cad Bane's speeder

2 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice, you've captured the shape well and the seating capacity is impressive!

Thanks!

Often times when I see well detailed mocs and see their piece counts, I am very impressed, and it often shows where those parts went, but also a bit amused as I see people using upwards of 1500 for a small/medium sized build, and I think of how much it would sell for as a retail set.

With this speeder, however, you've managed to create the shape as well as the size tremendously well, and managed to keep it at a relatively low piece count as well! I think that achieving levels of detail at a smaller piece count without sacrificing size or shape is extremely commendable, and also makes me think that, hypothetically, if this were a set, it would be appropriately priced while still maintaining accuracy.

11 hours ago, Makin Bacon said:

Often times when I see well detailed mocs and see their piece counts, I am very impressed, and it often shows where those parts went, but also a bit amused as I see people using upwards of 1500 for a small/medium sized build, and I think of how much it would sell for as a retail set.

With this speeder, however, you've managed to create the shape as well as the size tremendously well, and managed to keep it at a relatively low piece count as well! I think that achieving levels of detail at a smaller piece count without sacrificing size or shape is extremely commendable, and also makes me think that, hypothetically, if this were a set, it would be appropriately priced while still maintaining accuracy.

Thanks! Most of the parts in this build went in the inside of the top, had to use a lot of hinges and stuff to get the curve. The reason the lego set used so much fewer parts is because they just threw in some big wedge bricks to make all the angles.

10 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

Wow! MF scale, need to find a suitable size Ziro then :)

You'll probably have to either paint a jabba or make one out of clay yourself,  but it would be a difficult task