I woke from a restless sleep to a shrieking sound coming from the outside my window. Silver lights cast somber shadows over the walls surrounding my bed, as the blanket tightened between my fingers and covered my trembling chest. There, I saw.

Boned hooves drifted across the wooden floor, and from behind a cold cloud of breath, it stared through my eyes and into my soul. From under tangled horns raised to the sky, its rigid snout pointed at me, as if defying my senses, challenging me to speak up or move away.

I couldn’t. I wouldn’t.

Staring into the eyes of darkness, I shivered back to sleep, knowing it would hunt me still.

Stag in the Shadows

________

This is an entry for Week I of the Style it Up Contest by InnovaLug. The proposition was to build something using only one color. I took this opportunity to build outside of my usual castle-medieval theme.

Also, make sure to check my other entries for this contest:
Week II: Self Portrait
Week III: Social distancing countermeasures
Week IV: Yet to come

Hope you like it.

Edited by Louis of Nutwood
Contest (Style it Up 2020) continuation.

Just now, marvelBoy123 said:

Amazing work, something very different from you but equally as great!

Thanks, mate. 
Yeah, it feels great to adventure through different styles every now and then. I wasn't use to anything outside the medieval-castle themes, but I'm quite happy with the result. 

Glad you liked it, lad. Cheers!

1 hour ago, sunhuntin said:

Awesome

Thanks, man! I’m glad you liked it. It was quite challenging but I’m thrilled with the result.

Cheers!

awesome job.  Monochrome builds can be really good or really off but I think it works nicely here.  The use of the tooth and horn pieces is a clever idea.  

I admit that I do not really dig the ...drippy... text. But the shape of the MOC is nice! Especially the head!

Edited by Actionfigure

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

wesome job.  Monochrome builds can be really good or really off but I think it works nicely here.  The use of the tooth and horn pieces is a clever idea.  

Thanks, man! I’m glad you liked it. Especially in black, taking good photos can be really challenging, but I’m quite happy with the way it turned out. Thanks for the support, mate!

13 hours ago, Actionfigure said:

I admit that I do not really dig the ...drippy... text. But the shape of the MOC is nice! Especially the head!

Thank you, ActionFigure! I'm happy you liked the build - specially coming from such an expert in realistic-animal building. I didn't know your page, and am really astonished, admiring your MOCs. Incredible work!

As for the story, it might have worked better during October, maybe?
Thanks for the support, mate. 

13 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, what a perfect shape! :wub:

Simply stunning!

Thanks, man! I'm thrilled you liked it.

9 hours ago, PeaBrain said:

Stunning!

Thank you for the support, PeaBrain!

10 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Thank you, ActionFigure! I'm happy you liked the build - specially coming from such an expert in realistic-animal building. I didn't know your page, and am really astonished, admiring your MOCs. Incredible work!

As for the story, it might have worked better during October, maybe?
Thanks for the support, mate.

Sorry about that! It´s not you or the text, it´s me! It´s just a matter of taste and I am very straight ahead! But a great MOC!

And thanks so much for you compliments!

Oh, and my homepage is www.brickart-felixjaensch.de :wink:

Edited by Actionfigure

3 hours ago, Antha said:

Excellent creation, congratulations

Thank you, Antha!

42 minutes ago, fletcher4sp said:

I love the use of tooth pieces! You used them really well on the antlers.

Thank you, Fletcher! I'm glad you liked the final result. 

I showed my partner and they are very impressed, and would love to buy instuctions if you have them. :) 

On 4/9/2020 at 6:59 PM, sunhuntin said:

I showed my partner and they are very impressed, and would love to buy instuctions if you have them. :)

Hi, Sunhuntin! I’m thrilled you and your partners liked my construction, and I’m flattered you’d want display it. 

I do not have instructions, unfortunately, as I built it from scratch, with the pieces I had available. 

However, if you wish to have step-by-step building instructions, I would happily work on them digitally, and send you a link along with parts used.

It will probably take me a few days, though. So I hope you are not in desperate need of them right away. If you have the patience to wait a few days, I’ll certainly get to it. Is that ok?

Thank you for the support once again. 

Cheers!

On 4/10/2020 at 5:01 AM, justspb said:

This is a beautiful design and captures the stag perfectly

Thanks, Justspb! I’m glad you liked it, as I certainly enjoyed building it. Thanks for the support.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:41 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Hi, Sunhuntin! I’m thrilled you and your partners liked my construction, and I’m flattered you’d want display it. 

I do not have instructions, unfortunately, as I built it from scratch, with the pieces I had available. 

However, if you wish to have step-by-step building instructions, I would happily work on them digitally, and send you a link along with parts used.

It will probably take me a few days, though. So I hope you are not in desperate need of them right away. If you have the patience to wait a few days, I’ll certainly get to it. Is that ok?

Thank you for the support once again. 

Cheers!

Yes, more than happy to wait if you don't mind doing it. You're awesome, thank you. :) 

2 hours ago, Bricks Feeder said:

that's so beautiful !!! :o

I'm glad you liked it, BricksFeeder! 
I'm not really used to building in this scale, but these phenomenal feedbacks are truly encouraging. 

Thanks, guys!

Hey, guys! I'm really thrilled you all liked this build. 

So, as a suggestion given by @sunhuntin, I managed to put together the instructions HERE, if you ever want to display it in your house.

It was the first time I worked with step-by-step instructions, so they aren't as perfect as they could be. But if you are a bit familiar with Lego, I'm sure you can get through. Still, if you have any questions or feedback, please let me know and help. 

Once again, I truly appreciate your comments and interest in this humble build.
And if you ever get to build it, I'd love to see how it turns out. 

Cheers!