Sign in to follow this  
Trance89

Springvale Watch

What a wonderful build! I was immediately struck by the colour of the wall and tower, not the typical bluish gray - and it works very well! I really like how you created depth with the masonry bricks below in the bottom right corner too.

And the colourful foliage works very well in conjunction with the rockwork that looks like it has some thought behind it. It's easy to make rockwork into vertical strokes of slopes but you've used many different types of curved and sloped pieces to achieve much more natural and round looking shapes, well done!

Lastly, I know I'm in the minority but I actually prefer nougat coloured figures over yellow. I'm very jealous of those figures (and shields!), I only have the Crown Knights from the Fantasy Era myself.

Excellent build.  I like the tower and how you have the profile bricks on the inside.  The colors used for the wall and the tower look great.  The variation of plants you have is fantastic, really adds some depth to the build.  The tiered ground levels also bring an extra level of detail to the build.  Great job.  

Wow, I really like the combo of orange with grey. Is the damaged wall part with masonry bricks below a full stud depth? Or half a stud offset? 

On 4/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, Frike said:

What a wonderful build! I was immediately struck by the colour of the wall and tower, not the typical bluish gray - and it works very well! I really like how you created depth with the masonry bricks below in the bottom right corner too.

And the colourful foliage works very well in conjunction with the rockwork that looks like it has some thought behind it. It's easy to make rockwork into vertical strokes of slopes but you've used many different types of curved and sloped pieces to achieve much more natural and round looking shapes, well done!

Lastly, I know I'm in the minority but I actually prefer nougat coloured figures over yellow. I'm very jealous of those figures (and shields!), I only have the Crown Knights from the Fantasy Era myself.

I really like this color combo myself and I'm proud of how the rock work turned out. Especially on the right side. I have no preference for yellow or fleshies myself but I think flesh colored minifigs suit this MOC better.

17 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Excellent build.  I like the tower and how you have the profile bricks on the inside.  The colors used for the wall and the tower look great.  The variation of plants you have is fantastic, really adds some depth to the build.  The tiered ground levels also bring an extra level of detail to the build.  Great job.  

Thanks!

16 hours ago, leafan said:

Fantastic build. The damaged wall-work is great.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Amazing build! Great job!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Svendp said:

Wow, I really like the combo of orange with grey. Is the damaged wall part with masonry bricks below a full stud depth? Or half a stud offset? 

The damaged part is a half stud offset.  It's more realistic than one stud.

29 minutes ago, Trance89 said:

The damaged part is a half stud offset.  It's more realistic than one stud.

Thanks. It sure is

Edited by Svendp

Just great! Very nice tower, I really like that walls. I mean about structure and facture. Other nice thing is color, you did it not so obvious way, cool :)

Wow, everything about this looks great! :wub: I can only double what @Frike said! Great color choices, both for the castle and the foliage which, by the way, contrasts nicely with the rock-work color-wise. I love the different textures used on different parts of the castle both as architectural detail and for the worn out look, the windows with the macaroni tiles and the handcuffs?, and all the slopes used for the rock-work. Keep up the great work! :classic: :thumbup:

Edited by LegoModularFan

the windows with the macaroni tiles and the handcuffs?

Yes, I used handcuffs for the windows. You're the first one who noticed and commented about it.

Edited by Trance89

Looks realy great. the Colorcombo is great, not the 'standard' grey. And I like what you've done with the walls,all those damaged stuff and all the details Like the whole structure/color and stuff.
Another thing I realy like the rock and all those flowers and vegetation. Looks very colorfull.

That is absolutely stunning! *oh2*

Wonderfull build! 

You´ve mixed Medium Nougat, Dark Tan and LBG very well.

Wow, what a nice MOC!  I love the rockwork.  It looks very natural with different levels, and the flowers help it feel more organic.  The tower is also excellent.  Great color choice, and also nice use of the offset plates to look like some stucco is falling away to reveal the great beneath.  It appears to me to be more of a later construction (a 19th c. castle for instance) due to the crenelations, which appear to be more vestigial than functional, but I could be wrong if you were going for more of a classic castle feel, which you definitely hit with them.  Really beautiful work, and I love the flowers near the corner of the building.  Look forward to seeing more of your builds!

On 4/30/2020 at 7:23 AM, Grover said:

It appears to me to be more of a later construction (a 19th c. castle for instance) due to the crenelations, which appear to be more vestigial than functional, but I could be wrong if you were going for more of a classic castle feel, which you definitely hit with them.

This is actually interesting to read however I did not build it with anything like that in mind though. I like to build whatever comes to mind.

3 hours ago, Trance89 said:

This is actually interesting to read however I did not build it with anything like that in mind though. I like to build whatever comes to mind.

That's interesting to hear.  In any case, I really like it.  It reminds me of Hohenschwangau Castle a bit.  Great work!