Sir E Fullner

[MOC] Southern Railway L1 Class

It's been a long time since I last posted here, since I've been busy the past couple years. Anyhow, I'm finally back with a new locomotive.

49735503138_8a2229ebb5_c.jpg

This engine is based off the Southern Railway L1 Class, first built in 1926 and commonly found on the line between London and Dover. None of the original 15 engines made it past the cutter's torch, but still had a good running career. My model incorporates power functions into the wheelbase, with the battery box and IR receiver in the tender.

49735502843_3da401d34d_c.jpg

A close-up of the locomotive chassis. The front wheels are attached with a technic connector to prevent any derailments.

49736042891_e89cd0e7d2_c.jpg

The lone locomotive. The boiler assembly was inspired from the recent Hogwarts Express, and doesn't look to bad in my opinion. 

49736042921_d0c3c34238_o.jpg

A view into the cab. The connection to the PF train motor is wired through the firebox door.

49736042831_cc53095831_o.jpg

The locomotive tender. Based off the Fowler tenders commonly found on the SR. The back axle is able to pivot left and right when going around curves.

49736373532_8a7235d66c_o.jpg

You can see a video of the locomotive running here. Hope you all enjoyed seeing the new build, and hopefully I'll show more in the future.

Always entertaining, always inspiring, always:

It looks like it's a good build. With those large drivers on the train motor it can go at a fair pace around the track, and with a good rake of British-style wagons to boot.

Unfortunately, I think your photos are a bit too dark to show off the lovely dark green and black in detail. If you can take some near a bright, indirect light source like a north-facing window, she'd look fantastic.

I'm looking forward to what else you can produce!

really impressive!SR locos are the most underrated  locos of the big four i designed an i3.is it possible to get the stud.io or ldd file?i totally understand if you dont want to.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:40 AM, ColletArrow said:

your photos are a bit too dark to show off the lovely dark green and black in detail. If you can take some near a bright, indirect light source like a north-facing window, she'd look fantastic.

I second this - it's a lovely locomotive and some real glamour shots would be a treat, if you can get it under better lighting.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:46 PM, Pdaitabird said:

That looks good - British steamers are the best!

you're goddamn right.i prefer uk steamers than us steamers because they look more elegant than the american ones.The only american loco i like is UP 844 "The Living Legend"