Sign in to follow this  
Qukie

[TC18] Peugeot RCZ lookalike

Soo with the Coronavirus outbreak and the requirement to stay home I decided to maybe give the TC18 a go. 

My idea was to build something that I could show and not be embarrassed. The starting point was a Boxer engine in a 'box' (four 5x7 frames). I added rear suspension, front steering and some body panels. This resulted in a kind of an open racer presented below.

XZL8HqO.jpg

wjkzE2w.jpg

2XdTb1j.jpg

VEcKxQB.jpg

I am not really happy with the looks so I assume I will do a complete makeover, get rid of the suspension, and fake boxer engine to make it look more like a Radical 

SR3+RSX.jpg?format=1500w

p7.jpg

Edited by Qukie

The white flex axles and the way the rear of the car extends from the wheel arch make me think of 1970s endurance racers. Lose the rear diffuser and move the rear wing level with the rear deck for that aerodynamic look :classic:

You could fit differential in your rear suspension. Front end may need to be a bit longer, so it wouldn't be so steep.

This was the first take on the TC I assume it will change with time. It does look strange right now. Maybe a 1970s racer is the way to go... ilke the Porsche 917 although I would be afraid to call it that 

Zux I am working with a very limited amount of bricks as most of them at are my parents house so I have to make do with what I have. Good idea to extend the front to make it look better.

Soo after some tinkering and modifying I am left with a frontless racer without any ideas on the possible finish. The end result - disassemble and start from scratch 

NZTcLhh.jpg

TMvXGir.jpg

PrPDm1D.jpg

9hAS42d.jpg

The second racer attempt also failed :( 

Ha0s4cQ.jpg

zzCb5kw.jpg

There are so many great entries and I don't want to copy other peoples ideas so I assume I will start with something else.

Well, two weeks have passed and the racer thingy transformed into what you see below. It is a small coupe based off the Peugeot RCZ. Not yet finished but it was good practice and an option before the TC. i know I need to improve the looks of the hood and rear amongst others. I hope to have more blocks in white next week to possibly make it better.

Please give me your thoughts and opinions on possible improvements. 

Peugeot-RCZ-Limited-Edition-1.jpg

JZQ7GI4.jpg

wgIIusg.jpg

HMS0YaS.jpg

Congrats on choosing such an interesting inspiration and not going for a traditional supercar. This seems like a truly tiny build, to my eye it seems about 11 studs wide and under 30 long? I think the smaller you go the harder it is.

6 hours ago, Qukie said:

...Please give me your thoughts and opinions on possible improvements...

I think the front captures the look of the RCZ and the panels used for the doors are very nicely done. The back is where I'd be working. Have you considered moving the front mounting point of the White Curved Panels up one stud? That way the slope of the rear screen could continue. Also it might allow you to mount the rear lights horizontally instead of vertically a bit closer to the prototype.

yes, it is only 11x28 studs. Thank you for the suggestion. I would place the rear fender one stud up but then there would be a huge gap in the wheelwell. I will try to adjust it a little and we will see how it goes.

So after a long time I finally managed to work on finishing the car. It kind of looks like the Peugeot RCZ and I will be entering it to the contest as such. Below are some of the final pictures. Three weels to choose from but I like the gray ones the most. Unfortunately its only functions are the fact that it drives in a straight line and the hood and trunk opens. Oh you can adjust the mirrors too ;) 

aO40oFp.jpg

tVtBs96.jpg

x5bIWET.jpg

yDatAsN.jpg

hNvP8sQ.jpg

TxAMA6D.jpg

PPZLv1C.jpg