Void_S

42111 Dom's Dodge Charger MODs and Improvements

On 5/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, efferman said:

The Body is done

49866243496_cc419142fe_c.jpg

.io

Very nice work! The way you get the sweeping charger profile fender lines are really cool! How did you make them? 

Edited by ThatSwedishGuy

Let's be honest.. This is how you modify the charger:

KNXGogll.jpgEw5GLIYl.jpgSA8zeKul.jpg

Still a work in progress.. Need to wait till the springs come in the mail. Also ordered a 1 wide wormgear for steering.. 

Did anybody see  the post on the BuWizz Facebookpage ? They're working on RC'ing it too, using a new "BuWizz motor"... I'm curious what that means.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:50 AM, efferman said:

Thank you for the instructions, the looks were hugely improved!

Though even with the great mods this set was a disappointment and has been already scavenged for parts. Serves me right for binging on the silly movies just before the release of the set. The all black body in Lego with the LBG accents is just so mind-numbingly boring, hope it had a bit of metallic silver going on.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:32 PM, Mechbuilds said:

Let's be honest.. This is how you modify the charger:

Yeah baby, let's go! I think this screams for that ridiculous supercharger though. Maybe also a bit of color and some accessories like in the offroad version of FF7?

013-fast-and-furious-7-furious7-f7-1970-

10 hours ago, Surffikoira said:

Yeah baby, let's go! I think this screams for that ridiculous supercharger though. Maybe also a bit of color and some accessories like in the offroad version of FF7?

013-fast-and-furious-7-furious7-f7-1970-

I kinda wanna do the gigahorse with the charger. Still working on if i want it to be able to crawl or do i just want it to be fast and ridiculous.

Damn now i need to order 30 pieces of lego chain.. 

Here is a wip:

4GnAc5ll.jpg
RL8PSg6l.jpg

I need to build a gearbox so i can have drive for the rear axle and spin the motor. 
Also front axle needs to be done. But it's getting there..

The bodywork is very flimsy in the middle. I need to figure out a support structure to hold the thing together. 

Looks better than the original because it's almost fully technic. I'd keep the hood intact and not have the V8 there. Never liked the gaping hole in the hood. 

Can buwizz + PF motors create enough power to drift this thing without having to use the buggy motor? 
I really want to make this thing drift. Also has anyone figured out a steering system that fits in this charger body that has as much as wheel lock as possible? 

Any info on this would be amazing. I really want to see this thing drift. 

10 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Can buwizz + PF motors create enough power to drift this thing without having to use the buggy motor? 
I really want to make this thing drift. Also has anyone figured out a steering system that fits in this charger body that has as much as wheel lock as possible? 

Any info on this would be amazing. I really want to see this thing drift. 

It’d be a better bet to use slicker tyres if you wanna see it drift

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

It’d be a better bet to use slicker tyres if you wanna see it drift

Probably using the same tyres but putting electrical tape around them to make them slick enough.. 

Apart from the v12! has anyone done any engine bay mods? I really dont like the amount of 'nothing' thats there. was thinking of somehow getting some tubing in to make it like it has manifolds etc something like the V6 mod for 42110 Defender.
I modded my boot a little, but a floor in it, turned a Nos bottle round gave it a tap (cant believe they didnt put taps on in the kit)
Have also started on the exhausts, i need to change the black connectors for grey though (didnt have any in my stash)
And 1 simple mod, i added small studs to stop the doors from falling open all the time!

640x853.jpg (640×853) (bricksafe.com)

640x480.jpg (640×480) (bricksafe.com)

640x480.jpg (640×480) (bricksafe.com)

640x853.jpg (640×853) (bricksafe.com)

Just building this set now. I hate the "wheelie stand" so I will not mount it.

Wheelies in muscle cars are made just from raw power, in fact, some drag modifications put some kind of structure behind the rear bumper to limit the wheelie.

dodge_charger_drag_car.png

The rear suspension is not working properly, springs bend more than work as springs (was my fault, solved). I am already thinking on a way to fit leaf springs as in the real thing.

Edited by Pato Sentado

On 4/6/2021 at 11:13 PM, Pato Sentado said:

Just building this set now. I hate the "wheelie stand" so I will not mount it.

Wheelies in muscle cars are made just from raw power, in fact, some drag modifications put some kind of structure behind the rear bumper to limit the wheelie.

The rear suspension is not working properly, springs bend more than work as springs (was my fault, solved). I am already thinking on a way to fit leaf springs as in the real thing.

Well sitting ducky looking forward to your white charger version if possible

I've used a different design of engine in mine (based on this one I found on Rebrickable, which I blended with the supercharger bits of the 42111)

42111-Dodge-Charger-Engine_01.jpg

I understand that American V8's tend to have crossplane crankshafts instead of flatplane ones, so it started as an experiment for an accurate piston movement, but then I ended up liking this engine better than the kit one.

42111-Dodge-Charger-Engine_02.jpg

I've added what's honestly no more than a general idea of clutch & gearbox, merely cosmetic but it's nice to see it spin together with the pistons and supercharger.

42111-Dodge-Charger-Engine_04.jpg

Edited by phmzt

I love this topic, because as I go over the original building, I am finding it more like scale modelling than Technic, with too many fake parts just for the estethics.