As usually, I start all my models in LDD. I planned several standard features:

• Steering
  • Front and back suspension
  • Mini V8 engine
  • Rear wheel drive with differential
  • Detailed interior

The car is based on the 49,5 diameter tires, which is the largest allowed. I think I have all of the bricks in my inventory, but unfortunately due to the virus situation, I don't have access to my bricks. Anyway, I show this LDD image now. Real bricks will come later.

LDD does not have the new small fender pieces, so I could not add it. But I can imagine...

49731770486_231c4afe7c_b.jpg

Use Stud.io, import the LXF, there are newer parts available there. Also the rendering engine is superb! 

Aahhh yes..., the great glass bubble has returned :laugh:.

Nice design, looks very cool with the canopy part!

20 hours ago, agrof said:

Use Stud.io, import the LXF, there are newer parts available there. Also the rendering engine is superb! 

I converted it to Stud.io. Looks cool, and the rendering is the best feature. I still feel LDD more handy.

49734986386_4daaf5d7e0_o.png

49734986396_64b7b6d785_o.png

17 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Aahhh yes..., the great glass bubble has returned :laugh:.

Nice design, looks very cool with the canopy part!

I payed many euros for that canopy part for the Aircraft Contest. It's the perfect time to reuse it :laugh:

3 minutes ago, kodlovag said:

I still feel LDD more handy.

I also like to build in LDD when building digittally. I build as much as possible, then switch to studio to add some specific parts. Then render there.

3 hours ago, kodlovag said:

I converted it to Stud.io. Looks cool, and the rendering is the best feature. I still feel LDD more handy.

I recommend some post-production on the renders, I found some lightning settings make huge increasement in the quality. I am with You, building in LDD is still easier (I still use it in first place), but all the other features speak for Stud.io.

The car looks really cool! :classic:

Edited by agrof

OK, finally I have my bricks. And here is the result.
I don't say, that this is a modular build, but the chassis can be very easily assembled from big blocks. Then adding the body is a similarly fast process.

49834128147_c408f68af0_b.jpg

49833822811_e77feacfb1_b.jpg

49833286378_5bca626b08_b.jpg

I had to redesign the rear part of the car, because it was totally unstable. There were many parts flexing almost freely around a single pin or axle. But I like the new version with the 4x exhaust.

49834128227_178a202df1_b.jpg

49833286448_766457a9b2_b.jpg

49834128077_c01ab77f42_b.jpg

49833286518_fc50557c83_b.jpg

Very nice, has a 90s japanese sportscar vibe, and I love it :drool:

But please change the color of the engine behind the seats to gray, it looks really weird in tan

What a cool sports car! I also like use of that transparent canopy - it gives futuristic look.

12 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

But please change the color of the engine behind the seats to gray, it looks really weird in tan

Maybe it is covered with leather... :laugh:

Awesome model! The lower part of the car looks a bit Japanese Porsche design to me and quite modern, while the glass roof gives it a futuristic 50s look. Good combination, kinda retro. Plus the glass roof offers a good view to the well designed and not overloaded interior and avoids the difficult roof building in this size. Well done!

Maybe I would change the bumper integrated lights to 2x1 transclear tiles instead of the 1x1 knobs to give it a smoother look.

I also really like the rear view at the car - sporty!

Can you please measure the width at the wheels? To me it looks a bit too wide with this kind of wheels.

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Awesome model in all aspects!

Yep!

On 4/29/2020 at 6:10 PM, imvanya said:

That canopy piece takes this MOC to the next level looks-wise. Great job!

On 4/30/2020 at 6:56 AM, Shtykoff said:

Omg. So cool windshield it’s stunning

On 4/30/2020 at 8:18 AM, Didumos69 said:

Awesome model in all aspects!

On 4/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, HorcikDesigns said:

I so like "glasd" windscreens in technic models. This is really an outstanding entry! 

23 hours ago, Tomik said:

What a cool sports car! I also like use of that transparent canopy - it gives futuristic look

Thanks you like it. Windshields are really missing from Technic sets. I could also argue, why it is good not to use it, but in some cases it would worth to consider.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:47 PM, Gray Gear said:

Originally the engine was gray, but I changed the colors to match the interior. In my opinion it looks better in this way. Think on it as an engine cover.

Maybe it is covered with leather... :laugh: as @Tomik said

22 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

Awesome model! The lower part of the car looks a bit Japanese Porsche design to me and quite modern, while the glass roof gives it a futuristic 50s look. Good combination, kinda retro. Plus the glass roof offers a good view to the well designed and not overloaded interior and avoids the difficult roof building in this size. Well done!

Maybe I would change the bumper integrated lights to 2x1 transclear tiles instead of the 1x1 knobs to give it a smoother look.

I also really like the rear view at the car - sporty!

Can you please measure the width at the wheels? To me it looks a bit too wide with this kind of wheels.

Yep!

I think it is not possible to change the bumper lights to tiles or plates, because they overlap at the corner.

The other issue is more serious, the car is wider, than 15 studs at the wheels. And the rules are strict

On 3/28/2020 at 10:01 AM, Jim said:

The vehicle needs to fit in a L41 x W15 x H17 box (mirrors can protrude).

Luckily, it is easy to solve the problem, by replacing a red bush on each axles by one half bush. This way the wheels will not protrude, and the car fits within 15 studs. This car is an LDD design, and this step is impossible in LDD, because the steering link overlaps with the rim. But works perfectly fine in reality. Actually, the steering works better, because the pivot point is closer to the rim. On the other hand, now the axles protrude at the center of the wheel, which looks ugly. But nothing to do with it. Now I had to shoot the final photos.

There is one more interesting/annoying issue. I tried to apply a sticker to the 5x7 panel on the side. I wanted to add a sticker of the 8070 supercar, concretely the one behind the front wheel. This one 64394pb002.jpg. I have 8070, and I almost never apply the stickers. I looked for the sticker sheet, and I had to realize, that the sheet is damaged. It has waves/bumps all across the sheet, where the sticker detached from the silicon paper, and the glue dried out. I'm not sure, if it can be applied correctly. I have several unused sticker sheets, but only this one shows the problem. So the car will be sticker free :sad:

On 4/29/2020 at 8:47 PM, Gray Gear said:

Seems Acura'te :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdABf7HUh2uyGrLV-Meq-

49834128227_178a202df1_b.jpg

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

I think it is not possible to change the bumper lights to tiles or plates, because they overlap at the corner.

Yeah, you're right, my fault.

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

The other issue is more serious, the car is wider, than 15 studs at the wheels. And the rules are strict

Luckily, it is easy to solve the problem, by replacing a red bush on each axles by one half bush. This way the wheels will not protrude, and the car fits within 15 studs. .... On the other hand, now the axles protrude at the center of the wheel, which looks ugly. But nothing to do with it.

Please don't miss understand me, I didn't want to judge your outstanding entry nor wanted to have it changed. I thought it could be generally difficult to respect the max width with this kind of wheels, but they look so much better than the Covette wheels, even on the Corvette.

Just registered to say this is my favourite of the TC18 candidates. I hope it wins, and I'd like to see it made as a kit some day. It's got this LEGO vibe to it.

One thing I would try to improve is the lower edge of the front bumper to be more of an arc, maybe using the toothed arc (24121) as a base for it.

Also location of the steering input seems a bit inconvenient, but I think that moving it to the top, at the back of the canopy, wouldn't change much for the convenience, but could break the effect.

Anyway, good luck in the competition.