Itsasecret581

[MOC] Modular Toy Store

Hey all,

Used my quarantine time to design a modular toy store with an apartment on top. Currently assembling parts from my collection to build it.

ayps2ZO.png

1st Floor (Toy Store/Apartment Entrance) - The barrel and bin in the center will be filled with play swords and balls respectively, just couldn't figure out how to position them there in Studio.

kFPgCzU.png

2nd Floor (Apartment Kitchen/Living Room)

kBk1BXd.png

3rd Floor (Bedroom)

iBwKsI3.png

My Toy Store in a line with the other modulars I've designed in Studio (Left to Right: Bike Shop, Brownstone Apartment, Fish Market, Bookstore, Ice Cream Shop, Grocery Store, Toy Store).

GqtOBz9.png

Edited by Itsasecret581
Formatting, clarifying note.

Nice color scheme. And I see the building is ready for the future too (solar panels).
The ground floor tiles together with this playbox in the middle of the shop reminds me of a Roman atrium.
Love the way you put in the terras. It breaks the straight lines without looking out of place. What element did you use for the roof of the terras entrance? I don't recognize it.

Really lovely! I only wish maybe a bit more toys but overall it's a great design!

31 minutes ago, adwind said:

Really lovely! I only wish maybe a bit more toys but overall it's a great design!

Thank you! I do want to add more toys to the shop. Also, the barrel and tan bin in the center will be filled with play swords and balls respectively, just couldn't render them in those locations in the program.

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

Nice color scheme. And I see the building is ready for the future too (solar panels).
The ground floor tiles together with this playbox in the middle of the shop reminds me of a Roman atrium.
Love the way you put in the terras. It breaks the straight lines without looking out of place. What element did you use for the roof of the terras entrance? I don't recognize it.

Thank you! Yep, wanted to add some solar panels to be sustainable and for some more interesting roof texture. The element over the door on the 2nd floor is just this 4x4 corner wedge piece.

16 hours ago, Itsasecret581 said:

Thank you! Yep, wanted to add some solar panels to be sustainable and for some more interesting roof texture. The element over the door on the 2nd floor is just this 4x4 corner wedge piece.

Ah, the glossiness of the render took me off. Thanks for sharing the piece description.

Looks great. Could do with some more colorful  /  loud stuff on the outside of the toy store to draw kids in.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:04 AM, Merlict said:

Looks great. Could do with some more colorful  /  loud stuff on the outside of the toy store to draw kids in.

Thank you, I'm working on adding some kind of sign out in front over the entryway!

That looks like one of those high-end shops where the models are behind glass and everything costs $1000+ haha. I think the color scheme makes it look more like an expensive specialty shop than a toy store.

Lovely building.  I have crammed more toys into my Winter Village Toy Store.  The City Advent Calendars are great for ideas.  I look forward to seeing the photos of your build.

49768446462_316fa851e6.jpgToy Store Interior 1 by Loslyn Loslyn, on Flick

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMxZFta

Please let me know if I have shared the link to my Flickr album properly, I am new to this!

On 4/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, Henchmen4Hire said:

That looks like one of those high-end shops where the models are behind glass and everything costs $1000+ haha. I think the color scheme makes it look more like an expensive specialty shop than a toy store.

Haha, I can see that. Maybe it will have to be a more expensive toy shop then...

On 4/12/2020 at 1:05 AM, brickbuilder711 said:

Really nice, and really cohesive.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Loslyn said:

Lovely building.  I have crammed more toys into my Winter Village Toy Store.  The City Advent Calendars are great for ideas.  I look forward to seeing the photos of your build.

49768446462_316fa851e6.jpgToy Store Interior 1 by Loslyn Loslyn, on Flick

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMxZFta

Please let me know if I have shared the link to my Flickr album properly, I am new to this!

Thank you for sharing your photos! I will see if I can cram some more toys in like you did.

On 4/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, peedeejay said:

Another good solid build from you. Fits very well to your other buildings!

Thank you! I'm a fan of your buildings so appreciate the comment!

On 4/3/2020 at 7:27 AM, Brickviller V2 said:

Looks great and fits nicely with the other modular buildings. Have fun creating it irl :-)

It's been many days of digging through my bins but progress is being made!