And there I was hoping for a micro of Ackbar's flagship!  :wink:  Having attempted this many moons ago it is a tough one.  Maybe i will revisit that one. 

Anyway its a very nice looking little model and the idea of miniaturised sets has reminded me of something I have been meaning to do for a long time but never got round to which might be something you could look at - "Bounty Hunter Pursuit" from Ep.II.  (complete with power couplings.....).

@obijon I’m sorry to disappoint ? I’m stubbornly sticking with the same scale, there’s not I could tackle a ship that size, the prospect of doing a 60cm long Tantive IV is scary enough!

I like the idea of the micro Coruscant chase through the industrial area, you should definitely tackle that! I might try the speeders, if they go well enough I’ll attempt the scene too. Talking of your stuff though, are you currently doing much aside from your minis?

5 minutes ago, mcphatty said:

@obijon I’m sorry to disappoint ? I’m stubbornly sticking with the same scale, there’s not I could tackle a ship that size, the prospect of doing a 60cm long Tantive IV is scary enough!

I like the idea of the micro Coruscant chase through the industrial area, you should definitely tackle that! I might try the speeders, if they go well enough I’ll attempt the scene too. Talking of your stuff though, are you currently doing much aside from your minis?

No, I just build the MINIs.  We don't have a lot of space to display etc now the little monster is becoming a larger monster!  The missus is also not a LEGO fan so I am always fighting that battle regarding shelves etc!  It's easy to keep little models relatively dust free inside a display cabinet.

I have been busy though - I have got quite a few prototypes buillt but I am trying to bulk order pieces for a few models at a time to reduce deliveries for obvious reasons.

Edited by obijon

@obijon I’ve been in stitches reading all that, it sounds so familiar! I’m absolutely not allowed a cabinet but I can get away with one or two sets on the book shelf. I’m okay with that though, my little monsters can already reach interesting high up things. Wife might not be so pleased with the Star Wars IMAX posters I’m planning to get framed but luckily she is into Lego and accepts bribes.

I felt unsure of doing constant posts over the summer but since I've just reached a personal milestone and finished my micro Ghost I thought I'd do a catch up post. Since Home One I've added micro versions of the Darth Vader's Castle, Droid Escape and Assault on Hoth sets to my little collection. After them came a few of the unique ships from Galaxy's Edge (Resistance I-TS, TIE Echelon, Utilipede Transport, First Order Fleet Transport, Resistance X-Wing and A-Wings), a TIE Reaper and TIE Striker from Rogue One, unique and recoloured ships from Star Wars Rebels (Blade Wing, Ryder's U-Wing, Hera's X-Wing, Miners Guild TIE Fighter, TIE Defender, Mandalorian Fang Fighter and an R-22 Spearhead) and finally the Ghost and Phantom.

I've updated the first post in this thread with links, photos and renders (where I haven't built the ships yet), plus some updated photos, but here are a few extra rebders and pictures of my latest. Instructions for all of them are on Rebrickable... https://rebrickable.com/users/ron_mcphatty/mocs/

I've got a list of ships to add to the pile like the Rogue Shadow, Ebon Hawk, Mantis and Otana, but if you've got any suggestions or ideas for improving wha I've already done then I'm all ears. I hope you like these little ships though, they've been a lot of fun to put together :)

800x436.jpg800x484.jpg

800x472.jpg800x600.jpg

800x602.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x607.jpg800x484.jpg

800x800.jpg800x800.jpg

800x600.jpg800x800.jpg

It’s been much slower progress over the last two months, I’ve done some mod instructions as well as two more micro builds, the Otana and the Ebon Hawk! I’ve just realised that I never took photos of the Otana, oops, I’ll update these when I can.

As always, the instructions are all here.

The Otana is from the absolute classic X-Wing Alliance, if you’ve been enjoying Squadrons and have never discovered Alliance then it’s absolutely worth picking up this gem on Steam!

1920x1469.jpg

1920x1305.jpg

1280x854.jpg

The Ebon Hawk is Darth Revan’s gunship from the Knights of the Old Republic games. I think it might be the ‘oldest’ character ship in the entire Star Wars canon, predating everything by thousands of years.

1920x1920.jpg

1920x1920.jpg

1920x1080.jpg

1920x1920.jpg

And lastly for a bit of fun, something I did in the run up to Star Wars Squadrons releasing and a render of eeeverything!

1920x1280.jpg

1920x3218.jpg

Edited by mcphatty

The Mos Eisley Cantina set is awesome, but too big, so I put together a micro scale version. The buildings connect together to make it one A5 sized display, or can be detached and opened out like the real thing! I hope to get all the parts together by Christmas, in the mean tim here are some Studio renders.

1920x1282.jpg

1920x1282.jpg

1920x1282.jpg

1920x1400.jpg

Edited by mcphatty

That is awesome work.  I would not have the time, parts or patience to build something like this. Will you have the lighting in the real thing?  The only slight nit-pick (and it is only a slight one) is the Ubrikkian speeder looks a little flat or too wide.  I would "steal" Chris Deck's one and maybe tweak it a little...........

9000-z001-1.jpg....

Edited by obijon

How did I not see these earlier? These are amazing! I love the micro versions of the location sets, that's such a good idea.

As for the vehicles, I especially like the Ebon Hawk, IT-S, and the Echelon. I love all the obscure rebels variants getting their micro ships, too.

@obijon Thanks you! No I don’t think I’ll bother with lights, I’d like to get a kit for my Tron set first as that seems the perfect candidate for glowing, I might do more if that turns out well and not too expensive. And thanks for the Kubrikkian speeder suggestion, I’ll admit I rushed it when I got frustrated so I’ll try to get the proportions better, Christ Deck’s does look good!

@Mandalorianknight Thanks to you too and I’m glad you like the obscure stuff, there’s more of that to come before I tackle my big nemesis... the Tantive

Somehow i missed your september post. Awesome work as always. The Ghost and the Cantina are amazing. So much detail and even an interior for the ghost, stunning.