Sign in to follow this  
bodmin

Lego 8275 Bulldozer Known Problem

During my ‘self isolation’ I decided to dismantle and rebuild my 8275 Bulldozer which I last built in 2007.

Some years ago I noticed that there was an addendum to the instructions highlighted a critical part of the construction relating to an axle or gear which had to be carefully assembled. I printed this out thinking one day I would dismantle and rebuild the dozer, but of course I can’t find it now.

I have tried searching this site and others in the hope of finding it, but unsuccessful so far.

if anyone could assist me with this I would be most grateful.

Edited by bodmin

Downloading building instructions from LEGO Service web page will, most likely, include the mentioned fix. You could download a copy and check against your instructions to find if there is a difference.

Since I own this set too (and my cats love it) I'm interested in what problem you are talking about.
I built the set back in 2007 according to the original instrctions and never encoutered a problem.

51 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Since I own this set too (and my cats love it) I'm interested in what problem you are talking about.
I built the set back in 2007 according to the original instrctions and never encoutered a problem.

I think it's the ripper problem. If an axle isn't pushed in all the way or something, then the ripper sticks.

no, what happens is over time the white clutch gear weakens and can no longer lift the front blade due to the weight. I've been experimenting and by replacing the two 16 tooth wheels behind the engine block with 12 and 20 bevel gears (12 on the bottom), it solves the problem and still has an acceptable raising/lowering time. 

8275-fix.jpg

Edited by stumpypete