Bob

Pirates Mafia II - Conclusion

Just now, Tariq j said:

*bash* *bash* *bash* *clang*

Ken Doll! :wub:

You know, I really missed my adverbs and my emoticons when I was Ethan. And proper use of the word "to." And correct spelling of "etiquette."

Just now, Bob said:

I think we need to have a conversation though. People clocked your identity in the Confirmation Thread. I think in anonymous games you need to play a bit differently. 

I know I try. :blush: Not posting gifs and shit might help. :snicker:

I'm in for 3. I was Ansel, and then Louis.

I had no idea you were Ansel and I still wanted to lynch you. :laugh:  @KotZ

8 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I had no idea you were Ansel and I still wanted to lynch you. :laugh:  @KotZ

I felt the same about you!

Hi! Elijah here.

You know, I thought Ethan was Hinck on Day One because of his sense of humor, but I thought again because of his PINGES and less than capable use of the English language.

Then I wrote a short play in PM...

Oh yeah and sign me up for the sequel @Bob

1 hour ago, Reginald Aston said:

Just one question, what is WIFOM?

Ah, yes. Thank you to all the people who patiently explained the game to me via PM. :blush: I really liked being Ethan.

1 minute ago, jimmynick said:

Hi! Elijah here.

You know, I thought Ethan was Hinck on Day One because of his sense of humor, but I thought again because of his PINGES and less than capable use of the English language.

Then I wrote a short play in PM...

Oh yeah and sign me up for the sequel @Bob

He baited me to write a play and I did. I said I didn't want to be like "Hinkley" because he's a spaz. :laugh: I actually thought Elijah was you.

The only thing I truly did that was non-Hinckley was not blabbing all the roles to everybody behind the scenes. Only Robert and Elijah knew I was the investigator. I told Liam too, a couple hours before the conclusion went up. :blush: But, by then I knew the game was over.

Just now, mostlytechnic said:

Morgan here - I was a town jailkeeper (so block and protect). 

Sign me up bob! This was fun!

Were you jailkeeper or commuter? And what is the difference?

34 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

The only thing I truly did that was non-Hinckley was not blabbing all the roles to everybody behind the scenes. 

And that is why I didn't claim to you.  I was convinced you were talking to at least one scum.  I have got to stop being so paranoid.

And I love you too!:wub:

25 minutes ago, Benjamin Samuels said:

And that is why I didn't claim to you.  I was convinced you were talking to at least one scum.  I have got to stop being so paranoid.

And I love you too!:wub:

There were actually no scum in the town block! I love you!! Who are you? :snicker:

Just now, Hinckley said:

There were actually no scum in the town block! I love you!! Who are you? :snicker:

I was Benjamin.

I had you pegged early on.  I'm a little sad you didn't know it was me. :cry2:

Apparently our fears had been misplaced.  The infiltration of pirate scum had been no threat to the fort at all and easily fended off, like a bear swatting a butterfly. With a smile of satisfied relief, I quietly turned and left - once again returning to the shadows from whence I came.  Fate only knew if or when I’d resurface again.

(PS Thanks for the game Bob.  I look forward to seeing action board for the sake of my curiosity.)

(PPS Vote: Ethan Dunn)

34 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Apparently our fears had been misplaced.  The infiltration of pirate scum had been no threat to the fort at all and easily fended off, like a bear swatting a butterfly. With a smile of satisfied relief, I quietly turned and left - once again returning to the shadows from whence I came.  Fate only knew if or when I’d resurface again.

(PS Thanks for the game Bob.  I look forward to seeing action board for the sake of my curiosity.)

(PPS Vote: Ethan Dunn)

I still like you, Warren.

hOp81MH.png

You might notice as well that most of the characters in the conclusion are turned away from camera. That's because I'd made all the new minifigures and then remembered that I needed to film a conclusion. :laugh:

Why was Robert's result on Night One "cannot determine role?"

5 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Thank you to all the people who patiently explained the game to me via PM. :blush: I really liked being Ethan.

This was actually one of the giveaways... I realized as soon as I had done something to that effect that only you would try to pull that in PM's.  Everything else you said after that just confirmed my suspicion.

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

His target was commuted out... so no other night actions can get to him, no?

I really thought that the night 1 results for players who targeted Ansel should have gone to Ethan instead... or was I only to drive the first night action away?  Ethan should have investigated himself as town, and Elijah should have given him the vest.

I was William Mitchell.

I was sick and had a hard time following and replying to everything.

We also failed miserably on night 1. Great guess on swapping Ansel and Ethan. If not we would have got the investigator on night 1  :wall:

I feel better now though. So I want to be a backup in the next game. Or, if we don't get replacements, I'll participate from the start.

My brief analysis is this:

Some of the townfolks were going to much scum without too many good reasons. With more active scums that'd be a big problem for Town later on. I myself was pointed out as potential godfather, because of my big mouth I reckon. I don't remember who said it, but that was a very good point, I really went like a godfather, only not being one. May have been my misplay. I tried to be consistent and just technically be there to point out any contradictions I can just find. It did not help with Reginald, but with Paul was suprisingly point on. 

I'm playing mafia.gg almost every other night for a couple of weeks now. You have bullet games with 4 minutes daytimes and 2 minutes nighttimes there. With enough practice player's evolve a 6th sense for any serious bullshit to detect potential scums with only a couple of messages under 2-3 minutes. If you are keep talking but not really saying anything productive it is a tell, so it is a great artform of being a scum and act like a useful townie there. But mafia.gg uses a chat and is totally chaotic compared to this forum. A forum needs another style of mafia playing and I think this has affected my play here as well. It led to my murder too early.

In bullet games if you avoid a question you don't have days to let people forget about that. On a forum I see it is quite possible to do and even townies did this. That's not good in my opinion, unless you have a very detailed masterplan brewing in the background.

I think Paul was doing classic scum things too early and it buzzed my mafia.gg sixth sense very fast. Maybe it was not strange on this platform, but on a chat version he'd be lynched even before Reginald. With Reginald it seems I was off. What I can only say to this, if you're taking the game somewhat personally and use wifoms too early to defend while not even being seriously attacked, you should not play town. :laugh: Anyway just as I've pointed out my plan was to go after Paul even while debating with Reginald. 

Anyway I was in contact with Liam and Ethan from the beginning of Day 2. Ethan contacted me after I pointed out I believed he was town (I did not, I just wanted him not to kill me if he is scum, thinking I might be tamed already) and I contacted Liam because he was getting semi-lynched because of the flag. My tip was some kind of suicidal third party for him but had to find out. I've just hinted both of them each half of the things I knew and tried to catch them on contradictions.

They've actually started to report back my own information quite accurately and to my surprise nothing was twisted about it, everything was fit. It's not a sure thing to rely on, but my instinct told me a scum would have already tried to lie about a thing or two to some other party. So I knew I can trust them, this is why I've made the PM channel for the 3 of us. We've decided to go for Paul there, altough I was not 100% sure since my failed investigation. I had to poke him again and that Vanilla claim was another mistake I think. I was not sure a lynch on Paul would happen if he's really scum so I left some scenarios to the channel for vote analysis. I was already suspecting I'll be the next kill target for being such a smart aleck the whole time. Either I should have stayed silent or the Town should have been more active, not easy to decide which one was the better play. I ended up dead so I guess the blame is on me.

Also it was just hilarious to see Ethan's and Liam's distrust to each other. They've kept asking me to investigate the other one, while from my perspective they were almost clean. I told Ethan I'll investigate Liam, and to Liam that I'll check out Ethan, just to keep them calm for the next day.

Instead I went after Arthur because he was the perfect example of a cunning scum player. Being suspicious of Louis, Williams and other non-active players seemed too obvious to me at that point, I was expecting a plot twist. Arthur was pretty active, said absolutely nothing contradictory, pointed them out on the other hand very patiently. A perfect archetype of a mastermind scum if you ask me :tongue: 

18 hours ago, Escape The Fate said:

Were you jailkeeper or commuter? And what is the difference?

I was a jailkeeper. I could "put someone in jail" for the night which both blocked anything they tried to do and protected them from kill attempts. It would NOT prevent other actions (they could be watched or investigated or whatever).

Normally a commuter is able to take themselves away for the night and be un-anythingable (can't be killed, nor investigated/watched/etc). In this case the commuter could send some else away for the night and prevent them from doing anything or anything being done to them. The commuter was an even stronger version of my role, if I understand it correctly. 

Interesting that Louis and I went for each other night 1. 

I think my night 2 results should have just been "jailed" because adding blocked in there made me think two actions had been done because jailed = protect/block already.

17 hours ago, Hinckley said:

So, Paul was a ninja blocker, which means that he would not be seen at night. From what I've read, it means he can also dodge certain investigation results about the role, such as the nature of it. Robert did not get the result "no night action" because that would have been wrong. Instead, he got the result of "cannot determine role." 

We still have several spots open based on people that cannot participate in the sequel, so if you'd like to join please do so!