Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - Ch III - cat B] The Rose of Bantry

El Oleonda - April 620

89hf.jpg

Dr Thaum : I don't really know what the Carnite and the Lotii are seeking there, and what we are supposed to do here, but it seems we have found something on this small hill.

Iauln : Yes, it will become a great drawing ! Look at that luminosity ! Those colors and this decreprit idol... Please Callaghan, could you chop these plants down, for Ihave a better look at this bunch of red flowers ?

Callaghan : Sure, my boy !

k6gw.jpg

Callaghan : Doctor, it seems that we have an arm and some remains of that statue's hat right here... and something looking like quartz crystal fragments.

e8ax.jpg

Dr Thaum : You're right Callagahn, this is quartz crystal, probably an idol ornament, there was once a flourishing civilisation here.

Iauln : I like this place Doctor, this idol is very well exposed to the sun and to the sky, despite of all this vegetation.

kdxp.jpg

ucee.jpg

Callaghan : You were right with the flourishing civilisation doctor, the people who lived here were advanced, look at those plants in that planter !

Dr Thaum : Did you find something worth of interest here ?

Callaghan : Sure, this one is a Rose of Bantry !

Dr Thaum : All in all, a rose ?

Callaghan : Definitely not ! A Rose of Bantry is a non natural one !

Dr Thaum : Non natural... a rose ! You're a bonehead Callaghan !

Callaghan : I mean that someone, a very skilled gardener for sure, created that rose. This deep blue color is nonvalent in such a jungle. the endemic species will certainly have warm shades to catch bugs attention.so is one is like Cutty Shark, a cutting with a crossing. Furthermore, look at this granadilla tree, the same you brought back to me from Gunpowder island, and that I started to grow on Mermaid's Tears. And this Crocus sativus, right in the middle of a jungle. Such a delicate flower and here it is very healthy. I'm pretty sure the soil is non natural too, this earth is too dark, to fine grained.

Dr Thaum : I ignored you had a green thumb Callaghan, and that you seemed pretty skilled with flora.Let's take some good portion of that soil, we could perhaps find how it was created. And your comment on the identical granadilla tree, is worth the remark. That old civilisation probably settled many islands in Prio and New Haven seas. Perhaps Carno and kingdom of the Lotus found some informations that quicken their naval campaigns under these latitudes.

C&C welcome, that's my first entry for Cat. B as I plan another one coming soon. I tried myself with frail base full of vegetation, that's why there is a 48x48 baseplate upside down beneath the MOC, else it will crumble with the slightest motion.

I like the statue but the best part is the hidden knowledge Callaghan shows all of a sudden! :laugh:

I really like the concept of the botanical knowledge being the riches of El Oleonda rather than traditional riches such as gold and silver and agricultural knowledge as a resource is really orginal. Nice work on the vegetation. I'd recommend varying the base height a little to make the scene look a little less flat. An interesting variety of flowers as always, the blue ones are especially eye catching.

I really like the statue

And those plants are very well thought ! Great NPU with the blue hats (or are they hats? I'm not sure) ! :thumbup:

A nice entry for sure !