Hello! This is my first contest after come back from korean army.

Actually, I came back when doing TC17, but I couldn't participate because I didn't have any idea.

Hum..... small cars...... consider 42093 and 42098's blue car, this size is very limited to function.

In fact, most of the other entries seem to have only suspension, steering and engine.  Even the most unusual function is front wheel steering and driving.

SO! I'll play by function.

There is a lot of car varient. so, what type/ which car has most unique and special function?

At first, I consider Hotwheels car. but cancle. Next, I consider Tamiya mini 4wd car. but also cancle.

hum... maybe car from movie? A ha! DELOREAN!

It has flying mod to folding wheel. Just folding is very easy. But what if combination with steering and driving?

This is why I select delorean.

normal.jpg

Allmost finish chassis.

Function - 2 cylinder inline engine with differencial and cooling fan

steering HOG and handle

flying.jpg

And most important function - Folding wheel for flying mod.

This tire still keep some(but vvvvery little) ground clearlance with 5L thick. Actually, steering lack gear is allmost(but don't) touch ground.

size.jpg

Of course, not over box yet.

See video to more about function.

And whole model is highely inspired by this video 6 year before.

I will upload more progress here soon.....

Edited by msk6003

Man, that wheel tilting mechanism has just the right gear ratio.  Very good work, I'm excited to see where this will end up (maybe 1955?)

12 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Man, that wheel tilting mechanism has just the right gear ratio.  Very good work, I'm excited to see where this will end up (maybe 1955?)

Thanks! Now I wondring how to connect steering wheel...

13 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Brilliant mechanism and clucth for the RWD.

Thanks! But due to linkage for folding wheel, maybe whole body look little different with original. This is why I named it to 'tuning'.

After lot of hard work(because I am very not good to design something lol) bodywork is finish.

Now need to make inside.

delo1.jpg

delo2.jpg

delo3.jpg

delo4.jpg

delo5.jpg

Please understand me. Like I said before, I'm VERY not good to design.

But hey! Least I put gulwing door like original model!

Function

Inline 2 cylinder engine with differential RWD

Front wheel steering with HOG and steering wheel

Folding down all 4 wheel at once with Mr.fusion in back.

2 sperate gulwing door with soft spring

Now I need to make seat and dashboard.

Nice one, maybe not 100% accurate, but I like all the features, especially the fly mode. :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, agrof said:

Nice one, maybe not 100% accurate, but I like all the features, especially the fly mode. :thumbup:

Good functionality, especially it is good, that You managed to create that flying mode.

What I would suggest - replace that beam under windshield with 15L beam, and put on the sides of the hood 13L beams. Then You wont have at the front something sticking out of the sides. I think, that will improve look.

delo6.jpg

Interior is finish. It's very hard than outside because all of axle is trough center of chassis.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, Jurss said:

Good functionality, especially it is good, that You managed to create that flying mode.

What I would suggest - replace that beam under windshield with 15L beam, and put on the sides of the hood 13L beams. Then You wont have at the front something sticking out of the sides. I think, that will improve look.

Thanks for advice. But that beam is fix headlight in place. So hard to change.

Just watched the video, the music makes me want to watch the films all over again! Using the Mr. Fusion as a HOG is a clever idea and the doors seem to work really well (a similar setup to 42069?)

Don't forget to add a link to this discussion thread in your entry topic.

6 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

Just watched the video, the music makes me want to watch the films all over again! Using the Mr. Fusion as a HOG is a clever idea and the doors seem to work really well (a similar setup to 42069?)

Don't forget to add a link to this discussion thread in your entry topic.

Wowowowowowow thanks for advice! I forget link!