Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] an AWESOME updated Caribbean Clipper by Baby Teeth - 10,000 votes!

To coincide with the debut of the LEGO Pirates theme In 1989, Ladbybird published a series of books to flesh out the backstory of the theme.

The final two pages of each book feature a map naming various locations and ships consistent with the UK set names.

However, there is also a blue striped ship named "Ironram", similar to the Caribbean Clipper, yet double masted.

This ship was never released as a set, however, recently a double masted version of the Caribbean Clipper has been submitted to LEGO Ideas.

Could this submission one day become an official Ironram?

Click here to supportClick here to support

This would look so good with the new Barracuda. If Barracuda Bay sells well enough and it hits 10k, it could have a solid chance!

Just now, Mister Phes said:

Check out the The Ladybird Pirate books topic - there should be a link to a repository which you can download image scans of each book.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about this thread. Thanks!

Just now, gza said:

This would look so good with the new Barracuda. If Barracuda Bay sells well enough and it hits 10k, it could have a solid chance!

I think the sales of this set are going very well.

Judging from all the posts and photos I see here, in Reddit, forums, etc, and LEGO sales going into "back order" mode so soon. And all this in the middle of this health-economic crisis.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

8 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

LEGO sales going into "back order" mode so soon. And all this in the middle of this health-economic crisis.

Apparently this is causing distribution issues hence having to use back orders.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:50 PM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

6611!

100 votes in a a day!

Hell yeah!

:excited:

The pace of votes has slowed.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

I am going to be the odd man out on this one, but I think the spirit of the original has been completely lost here. If it's approved, I hope Lego makes enormous changes to the design.

19 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

The pace of votes has slowed.

6923!

The pace of votes is erratic.

But as long as it progresses towards 10K, this is good.

Have voted earlier on this wonderful idea. Hopefuly it will be chosen and made once it hits 10000. :pir-wub:

On 4/21/2020 at 7:36 AM, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I am going to be the odd man out on this one, but I think the spirit of the original has been completely lost here. If it's approved, I hope Lego makes enormous changes to the design.

I tend to agree. I supported this project because of the idea behind it. The MOC is certainly well designed and worthy of 10,000 votes but I do hope that the final product will be more Lego-y and true to the original. Which is basically what happened to the Pirate Bay submission.

8215 votes so far!

Also, I hope that there's a good variety of bluecoats in this set.

Edited by mothman99

To be honest I don't think there's much potential for any sailing ship to pass the review, now that we have Pirates of Barracuda Bay.

I supported none the less, at least it is a signal that there is still a hunger for more pirate themed sets :pir-classic:.

1 hour ago, Sebeus I said:

To be honest I don't think there's much potential for any sailing ship to pass the review, now that we have Pirates of Barracuda Bay.

That is the biggest fear, given that pirate related submissions were being rejected a month ago, even if they didn't include a ship.

But realistically, if this submission did reach 10K how long would it take to go in production? Would be a year or more... So, surely it could be coordinated until after Pirates of Barracuda Bay has had it run.

1 hour ago, Sebeus I said:

I supported none the less, at least it is a signal that there is still a hunger for more pirate themed sets :pir-classic:.

I think the opposite, cause the new BSB 2020 needs an Imperial ship as an adversary.

Like the pair original Black Seas Barracuda - Caribbean Clipper.

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

That is the biggest fear, given that pirate related submissions were being rejected a month ago, even if they didn't include a ship.

But realistically, if this submission did reach 10K how long would it take to go in production? Would be a year or more... So, surely it could be coordinated until after Pirates of Barracuda Bay has had it run.

Considering it has about 1700 votes to go and if this pace keeps up it will reach 10000 sometimes in the summer, maybe july. An there is going to be a few review stages before the review where it will maybe be included... end of next year most likely.

9 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I think the opposite, cause the new BSB 2020 needs an Imperial ship as an adversary.

Like the pair original Black Seas Barracuda - Caribbean Clipper.

Hopefuly Lego would think just like this. :pir-laugh: