Mister Phes

[LEGO IDEAS] an AWESOME updated Caribbean Clipper by Baby Teeth - 10,000 votes!

Baby Teeth's LEGO Ideas submission, an updated Caribbean Clipper is already at 5,688 supporters has passed 6,000 6,300 6,500 supporters.

SUPPORT NOW and let's see if we can get this baby over the 10,000 vote mark!

SUPPORT NOW

And after you've supported, post here and tell us what number you were.

Click here to support this creation

SUPPORT NOW

Baby Teeth describes this submission:

Hello. I am a creator with the nickname called “Baby Teeth.” The title of my second creation is [New Caribbean Clipper]. This creation is the renewal of the “Caribbean Clipper” which is the Lego 6274 released in 1989. Its use is to sweep the pirates as the patrol boats of the government forces. The number of bricks used is a bit more than 2,000 pieces. The main colors of the hull are yellow, blue and reddish brown. It is measuring the length of 57 cm, the height of 53 cm, and the width of 22cm.

It has total 22 cannons arranged which are not made of Lego’s ready-made parts but of the assembled basic bricks by myself. In addition, the hull of the ship is made of only the basic slope bricks by my own creation, too. This way could make the hull a little bit less gorgeous in its curve but I believe that it is closer to the mind of Lego that cherishes the expression of assembling small pieces with own hands. I also made the sail on my own by cutting the paper and then painting it with pastels to express it more voluminous and then drawing the blue stripes which are the same as the original piece. This creation is planned to be dividable which can be separated into 4 parts of the hull, the deck, the captain’s cabin and the bridge.

Thank you.

SUPPORT NOW

This is an awesome ship and it has one of the best (if not the best) brick built ship bow!

And judging from the comments, it seems that the release of the renewed Black Seas Barracuda 2020, has lead to an increase in interest and votes in this excellent design.

I hope we see this released by TLG in 2021 as the new Imperial ship... an adversary to the Black Seas Barracuda 2020.

If not, I'll just have to build it myself.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Can't really say I'm sold on that hull design, but I'm really digging that sail plan. Very unique, and still very reminisant of the original. I'll vote because I love pirate boats, and will always enjoy them!

EKnight

If Lego made this into a set I would buy it regardless...but personally I wish the designer would have used classic yellow instead of gold. Still looks amazing but just personal preference :purrr:

100 votes more in 24 hours!

And on March 26th, LEGO messaged that the milestone of 5000 supporters was reached!

If this pace continues (don't know how realistic is this), in 42 days it will reach 10.000!

This needs more advertisement!

I haven't supported a project in about five years. But now I'm number 5801!

This looks fantastic, I really hope it goes through. You got me on the playability! :grin:

MAC

It's a beautiful MOC, but... I think I'll spare myself on this one. All eleventeen gazillion tall ships sailing Ideas have been sunk one way or another. A new Barracuda is already prowling the seas... a Creator ship is already in the "docks" ... And TLG doesn't have a big "dockyard."

But I will definitely use the color scheme as a reference.

5 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

This needs more advertisement!

Indeed, eventually I shall post it on the Eurobricks Frontpage, Classic-Pirates.com and Classic Pirates Instagram, but I've deliberately held off due to the release of Pirates of Barracuda Bay. When the excitement for that dies down, I'll ramp up the promotion of this one.

However, you can repost on your own social media as much as you like.

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

And TLG doesn't have a big "dockyard."

We can work on changing that in the future.

The Clipper is not just a ship or a set. It is a lifestyle. The box, the sailors, the gov, the bulky hull and those lovely sails.

Of course this one is more refined, but a very acceptable and needed one, especially with a new Barracuda. 

When does this current review cycle end? Might be better odds if it reaches 10k in the next cycle :). Its an amazing ship, I have the original and seeing this idea gave me so many fond memories!

7 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

(We need a "hurrah" pirate emoticon).

Could be arranged... but what does a "hurrah" emoticon look like?

Let us continue this line of thought in a new topic.

6 hours ago, lordgambit77 said:

When does this current review cycle end?

Now that's a good question - does anybody know where we can find the answer?

6 hours ago, lordgambit77 said:

Might be better odds if it reaches 10k in the next cycle :)

This submission was a Staff Pick a while back...  so perhaps that indicates it already has good odds....  or maybe it means nothing at all...  :pir-classic:

Great ship. 
Looks great, and like the colorscheme as well. Colors looking good and realy like those slopes between the cannons, nice details

Such a great build that I would definitely buy! I supported this about five days ago and it's exploded with votes! #1924

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 9:31 PM, Mister Phes said:

This submission was a Staff Pick a while back...  so perhaps that indicates it already has good odds....  or maybe it means nothing at all...  :pir-classic:

I've had several staff picks over the years... nothing really ever came of them...

Hopefully it will be a different story for this beautiful build though!

5 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I've had several staff picks over the years... nothing really ever came of them...

But did your submissions reach 10,000 votes?

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

But did your submissions reach 10,000 votes?

Lol. Nope. That could be why they were never put on shelves! :head_back:

I honestly really want a ship like this to reach 10k. I missed the imperial flagship when it was out, but this would make up for that!!